1. Sennheiser IE8- I owned. Loved it. I liked the bass and soundstage. Sometimes a little hurtful at higher volumes.
2. Sennheiser IE80-currently own-my primary iem. It's great, but hasn't been burned in completely. About 30-40 hours. It's similar to the ie8, with a little more bass presence.
3. Westone UM3X-currently own-not used as much as the ie80, but I use this for vocals, chillout, strings, softer rock. No soundstage, but good separation. I'm not into the um3x sound as much. Feels very closed in. Also isnt good for edm.
4. Denon C300-owned-fit was an issue. Similar to ie8 but felt it missing something in the sound. Decent soundstage.
5. Atrios M5-owned. Didnt like. Sharp to my ears. Bass was ok. No sound stage.
I'm looking at these currently:
Everyone who recommends the westone 3, as I hear they are great for edm, is there a lot of sibilance at high volumes? Sharp highs? Also, how does the westone 3 bass compare to the ie8/80 bass and sound overall? I like the ie80 because of the bass and also that the highs are not too sharp. If anything I would want an iem with awesome soundstage first and then bass. The um3x bass doesn't get me excited. I'm also eyeing the jvc700 as well. I hear good things. I'm not too keen on the gr07 and sm3.
I'm looking for an iem with a smooth sound at higher levels, huge soundstage, and then deep sexy bass. Sound that doesn't distort at higher volumes. A FULL sounding iem. By my description a warmer sounding tone is preferred. I dont like the highs too sharp and piercing. I'm open to other recommendations in IEMs. As always I appreciate all the help from HF'ers!
Edited by Eugguy - 2/1/13 at 9:20am