Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › Speaker amps for headphones
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Speaker amps for headphones - Page 79

post #1171 of 2715
Quote:
Originally Posted by brunk View Post
 

Here's a finished F5 channel. Ain't that a sight :)

 

Looking good, brunk!  Looking forward to your listening impressions!

post #1172 of 2715
Yeah, nice job, Brunk! I am amazed at how few through-hole components it seems you had to solder, just going by the photos you've provided. It suddenly doesn't look all that intimidating to me. (Last words...)

I've got about half as much soldering to do with this toy robot I've ordered as my first PCB soldering effort... ;-)



http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002VKZBMY





Mike
Edited by zilch0md - 10/3/13 at 7:03am
post #1173 of 2715
Quote:
Originally Posted by zilch0md View Post

Yeah, nice job, Brunk! I am amazed at how few through-hole components it seems you had to solder, just going by the photos you've provided. It suddenly doesn't look all that intimidating to me. (Last words...)

I've got about half as much soldering to do with this toy robot I've ordered as my first PCB soldering effort... ;-)



http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002VKZBMY





Mike

 

Yeah there is only 23 resistors per board. That little robot looks like an excellent first project because some of the holes are close together, and it has alot of different types of parts to help learn schematics. Good choice!

post #1174 of 2715
Quote:
Originally Posted by brunk View Post
 

Here's a finished F5 channel. Ain't that a sight :)

 

Well I must say the soldering looks quite good.

 

BTW....what are the burn marks?

Sorry to ask, but.....

Did you let the smoke out of some components?

post #1175 of 2715
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris J View Post
 

 

Well I must say the soldering looks quite good.

 

BTW....what are the burn marks?

Sorry to ask, but.....

Did you let the smoke out of some components?

 

Burn marks? I didnt burn anything. Maybe you're seeing some residual flux residue somewhere? Or maybe you're seeing the shadows of the FETs from the back-lighting?Thanks Chris. 


Edited by brunk - 10/3/13 at 10:13am
post #1176 of 2715

My MG3 24V "travel rig" is ready to go!  Joy!

 

New foam for the case arrived yesterday.  I've managed to get it all into case in a way that leaves all of the banana plugs connected and ready for use.  I didn't think the case could be closed with the MG3 and the 25.2V LiPo battery upright, but it does.  Yay!

 

 

 

 

1)  Open the case

2)  Connect headphone cable to LCD-2's mini-XLRs

3)  Connect the LiPo battery and attach alarm/monitor

4)  Connect interconnect cable to PCM-M10

5)  Turn on the MG3 and listen to music!  

 

Mike

post #1177 of 2715
Quote:
Originally Posted by brunk View Post
 

 

Burn marks? I didnt burn anything. Maybe you're seeing some residual flux residue somewhere? Or maybe you're seeing the shadows of the FETs from the back-lighting?Thanks Chris. 

 

Nah I think I can see it too Brunk...Just finish the job and send it to me for testing....might take a couple of months. :D 

post #1178 of 2715

Very nice! Though I must admit that i lol'd when i imagined you taking this through airport security with all those little wires, black boxes and small devices hehe.

Quote:

Originally Posted by zilch0md View Post
 

My MG3 24V "travel rig" is ready to go!  Joy!

 

New foam for the case arrived yesterday.  I've managed to get it all into case in a way that leaves all of the banana plugs connected and ready for use.  I didn't think the case could be closed with the MG3 and the 25.2V LiPo battery upright, but it does.  Yay!

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

1)  Open the case

2)  Connect headphone cable to LCD-2's mini-XLRs

3)  Connect the LiPo battery and attach alarm/monitor

4)  Connect interconnect cable to PCM-M10

5)  Turn on the MG3 and listen to music!  

 

Mike

 

Yes, I'll be sure to send it to Inspector nk77 for thorough testing. Though i suspect it will "fail" inspection and disappear :tongue:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nk77 View Post
 

 

Nah I think I can see it too Brunk...Just finish the job and send it to me for testing....might take a couple of months. :D 

post #1179 of 2715
Quote:
Originally Posted by zilch0md View Post
 

My MG3 24V "travel rig" is ready to go!  Joy!

 

New foam for the case arrived yesterday.  I've managed to get it all into case in a way that leaves all of the banana plugs connected and ready for use.  I didn't think the case could be closed with the MG3 and the 25.2V LiPo battery upright, but it does.  Yay!

 

 

 

 

1)  Open the case

2)  Connect headphone cable to LCD-2's mini-XLRs

3)  Connect the LiPo battery and attach alarm/monitor

4)  Connect interconnect cable to PCM-M10

5)  Turn on the MG3 and listen to music!

 

Mike

 

:eek::eek::eek:

fantastic stuff

post #1180 of 2715
Quote:
Originally Posted by brunk View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by preproman View Post

 
You using onboard heat sinks?  What does the case look like?

I'll be using this lovely case from the DiyAudio store, I snatched the last one in stock smily_headphones1.gif Just like the rest of the build, it's slightly overkill too hehe, less heat for the components the better though. The extra price premium is much worth it IMO, because I certainly can't compete with a CNC machine, not to mention that future First Watt boards are ridiculously easy to swap thanks to the mounting specs.


*bow down*
post #1181 of 2715
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarKen23 View Post

*bow down*

 

+1

 

Your "*bow down* reminds me of "Unreal Tournament"  :D 

post #1182 of 2715
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarKen23 View Post


*bow down*

 

:beerchug:

post #1183 of 2715
Quote:
Originally Posted by zilch0md View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarKen23 View Post

*bow down*

+1

Your "*bow down* reminds me of "Unreal Tournament"  biggrin.gif  
biggrin.gif unreal tournament was the schiit when it was hot. Keep me up at night and significantly lowered my grades during my sophomore year in high school lol.

Actually I think counter strike did a better job at lower my grades..

Terrorists win..
Edited by DarKen23 - 10/4/13 at 4:30pm
post #1184 of 2715
Quote:
Originally Posted by zilch0md View Post








Love that btw, its like a secret agents proper portable LCD rig cool.gif
post #1185 of 2715
Quote:
Originally Posted by brunk View Post

Burn marks? I didnt burn anything. Maybe you're seeing some residual flux residue somewhere? Or maybe you're seeing the shadows of the FETs from the back-lighting?Thanks Chris. 

Ahhhhh, yes!
The "burn marks" or "smoke" I thought I saw are actually shadows from the backlighting! redface.gif

Very cool, enjoy! biggrin.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › Speaker amps for headphones