Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › WOO-HOOOO... WA7 "fireflies"!!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

WOO-HOOOO... WA7 "fireflies"!!! - Page 7

post #91 of 1413

I have been using the WA7 for about 2 hours this morning , I am in Florida so its pretty cool right now around about 19-20c in my room.

The Temps i am getting from my Ryobi TEK4 i used to use for reptile cage installs so it's fairly accurate, are as follows

 

The PSU for the WA7 is at 30.5c warm to the touch but not to hot!

The Top of the unit with the glass removed is 32.7c

The metal on the top of the tubes is get,ing up to around 71.6 to hot to touch

 

No burning or odd smell,s 

 

I will leave it on for a while to day and give some other numbers after lets say 8-10 hours!

 

hope this helps hehe!


Edited by Bender1987 - 2/9/13 at 2:38pm
post #92 of 1413

Also mind that the 71.6 was the highest reading i got a more likely and stable read out that puts it around 60-62c


Edited by Bender1987 - 2/9/13 at 2:41pm
post #93 of 1413

A nice looking all-in-one unit!

post #94 of 1413

alwaysec: IMPORTANT! Have you turned the PSU over to check that it is set to 220V? Someone asked this before but I didn't see you answer.

post #95 of 1413

After about 5 hours the Temp has gone up quite a bit 

 

The PSU is reading 34.4

The top case without glass is 35.5c

And the metal on the top of the tubes is at a whooping 114.4c

 

So the tubes have gotten very hot over the past few hours as expected but the case and the PSU seem to hold it very well!

post #96 of 1413
Currawong: Apparently alwaysec did check. In some senses it's too bad it may not be the simple answer of the voltage selection. Sure sounds like it though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysec View Post

forgot to mention, the voltage was defaulted to 220v by a2a (i guess). 
post #97 of 1413
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender1987 View Post

I have been using the WA7 for about 2 hours this morning , I am in Florida so its pretty cool right now around about 19-20c in my room.

The Temps i am getting from my Ryobi TEK4 i used to use for reptile cage installs so it's fairly accurate, are as follows

 

The PSU for the WA7 is at 30.5c warm to the touch but not to hot!

The Top of the unit with the glass removed is 32.7c

The metal on the top of the tubes is get,ing up to around 71.6 to hot to touch

 

No burning or odd smell,s 

 

I will leave it on for a while to day and give some other numbers after lets say 8-10 hours!

 

hope this helps hehe!

19-20 C for Celsius? 

 

the psu is like over 40c, may over 50c too. i can only estimate. 


Edited by alwaysec - 2/9/13 at 5:26pm
post #98 of 1413

That's correct, Always all the temps are in Celsius smile.gif

post #99 of 1413

I will post the numbers i get after 8 hours of use Which mind you is the recommendation in the owners manual PDF

as the max use time before turning it off.

post #100 of 1413

I live in the hottest part of Australia and have used it 8 hour sessions every day since i got it, including playing games with it, and its warm, but not hot. sorry i have no way to check the temp of the amp.

post #101 of 1413

thanks, belisk.

 

should i contact a2a or wooaudio to arrange a new unit?

post #102 of 1413

It seems i may have one of these very hot units as well. The sound and everything coming from it is sublime, but its still awfully hot. Touching it after running 5 hours to burn in, the glass and the psu are scalding at 24 degrees ambient temperature. I don't have a thermometer to measure the actual temp, but lets just say I'm unable to carry the units after they've been left to run for 3 hours straight.

post #103 of 1413

After 8 hours the temps on mine are about the same as they where at 5 "a few degree's less even"

 

And Always i would contact a2a in case they have some sort of dealer warranty threw WOO i am not sure how it works,

but i do know they will either handle it or tell you to contact WOO audio yourself, And from my experience and what everyone else says

you should have no issues's getting it fixed or replaced WOO audio has stand up support.

post #104 of 1413
Quote:
Originally Posted by stainless824 View Post

It seems i may have one of these very hot units as well. The sound and everything coming from it is sublime, but its still awfully hot. Touching it after running 5 hours to burn in, the glass and the psu are scalding at 24 degrees ambient temperature. I don't have a thermometer to measure the actual temp, but lets just say I'm unable to carry the units after they've been left to run for 3 hours straight.

sorry to say that is a good news to me :P

 

as bender suggested, i will contact a2a tomorrow. i know a2a do not have stock until mid feb. i hope they can replace it with a brand new one. 

 

Bender, thanks. i wish my next one will works as well as yours. 

post #105 of 1413
Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysec View Post

sorry to say that is a good news to me :P

 

as bender suggested, i will contact a2a tomorrow. i know a2a do not have stock until mid feb. i hope they can replace it with a brand new one. 

 

Bender, thanks. i wish my next one will works as well as yours. 

 Hey no problem Always sorry your unit is overheating. But no worries you will have it replaced/fixed in no time and be enjoying it again!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › WOO-HOOOO... WA7 "fireflies"!!!