Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › WOO-HOOOO... WA7 "fireflies"!!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

WOO-HOOOO... WA7 "fireflies"!!! - Page 27

post #391 of 1367
Thanks for the review-your impressions of the WA7 are spot on Imho. This amp has a synergy with the Grado PS500 very much like the T90 you described.
post #392 of 1367
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertblues View Post

Thanks for the review-your impressions of the WA7 are spot on Imho. This amp has a synergy with the Grado PS500 very much like the T90 you described.

Thank you an glad you liked the review. I have yet to hear those grado's and glad they work well for you.

post #393 of 1367

Thanks Frank for the review.  I really want to keep my system simple and good sounding. The WA7 is next up on my list and I'll run it parallel with my Schiit stack. One will be my main and the other will move to the living room.  Looking forward to hearing it on my own.

post #394 of 1367
Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyVee View Post

Thanks Frank for the review.  I really want to keep my system simple and good sounding. The WA7 is next up on my list and I'll run it parallel with my Schiit stack. One will be my main and the other will move to the living room.  Looking forward to hearing it on my own.

Thanks Mickey and look forward to you impressions with the WA7

post #395 of 1367
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank I View Post

For anyone interested my WA7 review is Woo Audio WA7 Fireflies DAC Headphone Amplifier Review

Frank, nice review, except for the part where I start thinking I'd like to have one of these...  Sounds like a heck of an amp / dec combo

post #396 of 1367
Quote:
Originally Posted by aamefford View Post

Frank, nice review, except for the part where I start thinking I'd like to have one of these...  Sounds like a heck of an amp / dec combo

LOL. Guess what? It plays the Mad Dogs very well also.

post #397 of 1367
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank I View Post

LOL. Guess what? It plays the Mad Dogs very well also.

+1

post #398 of 1367
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank I View Post

LOL. Guess what? It plays the Mad Dogs very well also.

Figures.....

post #399 of 1367

Great review Frank!

 

The WA7 is my very first amp and I paired it up with the LCD2s. I came from using Grado SR80s and my PC onboard audio. I didn't know what to expect with my first listen on a high end system. I prepared myself by not setting my expectations too high but at the same time I was hoping to hear a night a day difference.

 

Excuse me if I don't use these hifi terms correctly. tongue.gif First difference I could hear was the bass. It was not muddy or completely lost in the background. I could finally hear the bass clearly. I could hear extension in the treble. The sound stage opened up a little. I'm so used to the in your face Grados that the LCDs I guess were mellow. I think that's what people mean when they say "dark"?

 

Honestly, I don't know I can justify these purchases because it was not a night and day difference to me. Perhaps its because my ears are untrained and I don't know what I should be looking out for? Most of the time I'm listening to music while working on my computer so I won't notice every detail unless I'm concentrating only on the music. From lurking around these forums, I've learned that sound is subjective from person to person. I wish sound was as blatant has computer graphics settings low, medium and high. But one thing for sure I can say is that I definitely like open headphones over closed. I've had a pair of high end gaming closed headphones before and I hate the way the sound echos.

post #400 of 1367
Quote:
Originally Posted by reddyxm View Post

Great review Frank!

 

The WA7 is my very first amp and I paired it up with the LCD2s.

 

 

Thank you and glad you like the review and i liked the lcd2 with the WA7

post #401 of 1367
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank I View Post

For anyone interested my WA7 review is Woo Audio WA7 Fireflies DAC Headphone Amplifier Review

 

Thanks for sharing. The review left me informed and delighted. The WA7 bedside, would offer a nice finish to a work night during the week. 

post #402 of 1367
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent One View Post

 

Thanks for sharing. The review left me informed and delighted. The WA7 bedside, would offer a nice finish to a work night during the week. 

glad you like it and it  is a great little amp.

post #403 of 1367
Frank, I loved your review. What did you think of the synergy between the HD700 and the WA7?
post #404 of 1367
Quote:
Originally Posted by utdeep View Post

Frank, I loved your review. What did you think of the synergy between the HD700 and the WA7?

The Woo WA7  diid excellent with all the headphone I tried it with including the hd700 I have here for review.  The T90 was very special with the WA7.  Glad you liked the review.

post #405 of 1367
Quote:
Originally Posted by reddyxm View Post

Honestly, I don't know I can justify these purchases because it was not a night and day difference to me. Perhaps its because my ears are untrained and I don't know what I should be looking out for? Most of the time I'm listening to music while working on my computer so I won't notice every detail unless I'm concentrating only on the music. From lurking around these forums, I've learned that sound is subjective from person to person. I wish sound was as blatant has computer graphics settings low, medium and high. But one thing for sure I can say is that I definitely like open headphones over closed. I've had a pair of high end gaming closed headphones before and I hate the way the sound echos.

 

Listen for a week or two then switch back to what you had before. That can sometimes be more dramatic. Another thing, which was one of my first experiences with higher-quality hi-fi than what I was used to is that the better clarity isn't a dramatic experience. If anything it can be an anti-climax. It's not the same as going from cheap IEMs to ones with great, thumping bass, which is very noticeable. Some people buy different or better headphones or gear for the greater thump in the bass, others (like myself) for clarity (and maybe a bit of an extra kick in the bass too sometimes). Better gear will not have any harshness that makes listening for long periods irritating, which some cheaper gear has. Good gear makes you stop thinking about the gear and notice the music. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › WOO-HOOOO... WA7 "fireflies"!!!