Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › WOO-HOOOO... WA7 "fireflies"!!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

WOO-HOOOO... WA7 "fireflies"!!! - Page 15

post #211 of 1370
Thread Starter 

THis track on the WA7 +HP100 just gave me crazy goosebumps in the BEST of ways!!!

Inga Liljestrom - Coming Back, from Gotye album; Mixed Blood

 

THe whole album is one of my all time favorites for high quality gear, this track in particular is recorded with some pretty innovative and primitive techniques, and is a real treat with the right gear! 

post #212 of 1370
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrbigsby View Post

Gotye...

Gotye rocks!, nice doco here.

post #213 of 1370
Thread Starter 

WOW great find! His processes remind me a lot of Oliie McGills' (the genie, cat empire, etc etc)... took me back- awesome, thank you.

post #214 of 1370

nice... bought the whole album and another

post #215 of 1370

Just curious, how long is the cord of the power supply. If I use this on my desktop setup, I'm assuming the cord is long enough so that I can hide the power supply on the floor? 

post #216 of 1370
Specs on wooaudio website are 4.25 ft / 1.3 m for the DC cable.
post #217 of 1370
Quote:
Originally Posted by ariesq View Post

Just curious, how long is the cord of the power supply. If I use this on my desktop setup, I'm assuming the cord is long enough so that I can hide the power supply on the floor? 

 

That's how I have it set up, still with some slack.

post #218 of 1370

Just ordered a pair of Beyer T1 to go with the tube WA7 at home whenever it gets here... the wait is killing me.  Will use my Beyer T5p with my solid state HeadRoom Ultra Desktop Amp at work.  I have never had a tube amp before and am super curious how these two combos will compare... light/leather/closed/ss/lowZ/state of the art vs. heavy/fabric/open/tube/highZ/old school both born from the same Beyer sound signature and both considered very good amps.

 

Would love to hear peoples impressions of these combos and predictions on sound differences.  Which combo wins? Cost is pretty much the same either way...


Edited by groovyd - 3/22/13 at 10:12pm
post #219 of 1370
Anyone from Canada order a WA7 from woo audio. Can you comment on total shipping/tax/customs paid?
post #220 of 1370

Nice, fellow Canuck!

 

If I remember correctly, Woo reports the item value at $399.00 USD. You get charged the HST on that, and then an additional customs fee as well.

 

All told, I had to pay about 64 bucks to the FEDEX dude who showed up at my house (I'm based in Toronto)! I was pissed initially, though the anger subsided once I gazed upon the beauty of the WA7...

post #221 of 1370
Quote:
Originally Posted by CongeeBear View Post

Nice, fellow Canuck!

If I remember correctly, Woo reports the item value at $399.00 USD. You get charged the HST on that, and then an additional customs fee as well.

All told, I had to pay about 64 bucks to the FEDEX dude who showed up at my house (I'm based in Toronto)! I was pissed initially, though the anger subsided once I gazed upon the beauty of the WA7...
Thanks for the response. I'm glad that they can lower the customs value. Now the wait begins.
post #222 of 1370

Just wanted to double check. The Woo Audio site says that AC power cord is not included. Is this true for US/Canadian orders as well? Never bought an electronic unit that did not come with a power cord before. 

post #223 of 1370
Thread Starter 

A regular kettle/printer cable is all you need. Sacrifice either tea or printing till you buy a second cord?

post #224 of 1370
Not including the power cord helps keep the end item cost down given all the different power plugs used the world over.
post #225 of 1370
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbigsby View Post

A regular kettle/printer cable is all you need. Sacrifice either tea or printing till you buy a second cord?

You can always keep water warm on top of the WA7's glass cube if need be!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › WOO-HOOOO... WA7 "fireflies"!!!