Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › WOO-HOOOO... WA7 "fireflies"!!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

WOO-HOOOO... WA7 "fireflies"!!! - Page 94

post #1396 of 1413

I had a problem with the fuse getting blown. Eventually I found out that as long as I did not power off the main power source (AC supply) there were no issues with blown fuses.

post #1397 of 1413
As long as you didn't? You kept your power supply on all day and didn't get a blown fuse?
post #1398 of 1413

I think there was a bad batch of fuses in the first few production units but the problem was solved

post #1399 of 1413

@petezjunior 

 

The WA7's On/Off switch is left perpetually "On". The WA7tp's On/Off knob is used to toggle the units "On/Off". The main power socket is left perpertually "On" but not the WA7/WA7tp combo.

 

Cannot explain why it works this way but it just does.

post #1400 of 1413
Quote:
Originally Posted by shultzee View Post

Yes you can buy the tube power supply later on.  You just don't get anything back for the std. power supply, which by the way is very good.

As much as I love the tube psu, I have to agree the std power supply is high quality also! It's just that the tube one gives me more versatility - I think of the 12au7 as my "eq tubes".
post #1401 of 1413
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFiGuy528 View Post
 

 

I've forward your concerns to Jack for his opinion before asking you to send the unit to us for inspection.  

 

I leave my personal WA7 ON or playing music all day.  At shows, systems are ON all day, sometimes over night to keep the tubes warmed.  At Capital Audio Fest, Dan (MrSpeakers) left his WA7d + WA7tp system powered ON all three days of the show (day & night).  We don't recommend to do that because it does shortens the life of the tubes, but you can if you choose.

Since there is no power switch on the stock (solid state linear) power supply of WA7, do we need to turn it (I mean the power supply) off when not using them?

 

Normally I just turn off the main WA7 unit (by toggle the switch at the back) but leave the stock power supply connected to power without switching off all the time. Since the power supply is pretty cool when the WA7 is off, I assume it's okay to keep the WA7 power supply hooked up but not turned off (on the main power socket)? 

post #1402 of 1413
Quote:
Originally Posted by fengwei007 View Post
 

Since there is no power switch on the stock (solid state linear) power supply of WA7, do we need to turn it (I mean the power supply) off when not using them?

 

Normally I just turn off the main WA7 unit (by toggle the switch at the back) but leave the stock power supply connected to power without switching off all the time. Since the power supply is pretty cool when the WA7 is off, I assume it's okay to keep the WA7 power supply hooked up but not turned off (on the main power socket)? 

 

You are using the WA7 with solid state power supply correctly.  

 

Users with WA7tp (tube power supply), use the Power ON/OFF button on the front of tube power supply.  Think of this button as a Standby feature.  The flip switch on the back of the amplifier the main power switch.  Only need to flip the switch to OFF position if you are not using the system for an extended period of time or on holiday.

Reply
post #1403 of 1413
Quote:
Originally Posted by mithrandir38 View Post


Audio advisor sells them for $399.00

 

They were notified not to because it is not a standalone product.  

Reply
post #1404 of 1413
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFiGuy528 View Post

You are using the WA7 with solid state power supply correctly.  

Users with WA7tp (tube power supply), use the Power ON/OFF button on the front of tube power supply.  Think of this button as a Standby feature.  The flip switch on the back of the amplifier the main power switch.  Only need to flip the switch to OFF position if you are not using the system for an extended period of time or on holiday.

Great! Thanks for the confirmation. Love the amp. smily_headphones1.gif
post #1405 of 1413

Hi akhyar, did you manage to do the "comparison between hugo and wa7 and combos". Really curious. Thanks!

post #1406 of 1413

I am really pleased with my WA7...great investment!  I was so happy with the stock tubes I left them alone for a month and a half of A LOT of listening.  Finally got myself to roll and have had the gold tipped Electro Harmonix's in long enough that they've burned in nicely.  To my humble ears, they are more analytical...reference like.  They make the WA7 more like a solid state amp.  I need to go back to the stockers to confirm my thoughts.  I tend towards a warmer signature so I might very well go back to the stockers, although the EH's make a nice combination with my AT M50x's.

 

I had some questions for Woo Audio and Mike was EXTREMELY responsive...exceptional customer service.  

 

Thank you for making a great product for our community and being a stand-up vendor, Mike!

 

 

:biggrin:

 

HS

post #1407 of 1413
Quote:
Originally Posted by HemiSam View Post
 

I am really pleased with my WA7...great investment!  I was so happy with the stock tubes I left them alone for a month and a half of A LOT of listening.  Finally got myself to roll and have had the gold tipped Electro Harmonix's in long enough that they've burned in nicely.  To my humble ears, they are more analytical...reference like.  They make the WA7 more like a solid state amp.  I need to go back to the stockers to confirm my thoughts.  I tend towards a warmer signature so I might very well go back to the stockers, although the EH's make a nice combination with my AT M50x's.

 

I had some questions for Woo Audio and Mike was EXTREMELY responsive...exceptional customer service.  

 

Thank you for making a great product for our community and being a stand-up vendor, Mike!

 

 

:biggrin:

 

HS

 

That's the fun part about tube rolling.  It's a rather small investment to get a different sound to suit your taste or type of music.   With solid state systems, one has to upgrade the system to get a different sound.

 

Thank you for the kind words.   We try our best to answer questions or address concerns with the same expectations we have if we were the customer.  :)

Reply
post #1408 of 1413

Agreed - Woo Audio's customer support is absolutely TOP - fast, professional, dedicated(!) and extremely polite. They just want to provide the best service, and they do.

post #1409 of 1413
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lutrty View Post
 

Agreed - Woo Audio's customer support is absolutely TOP - fast, professional, dedicated(!) and extremely polite. They just want to provide the best service, and they do.

 

THANK YOU!!!  We try our best.  :)

Reply
post #1410 of 1413

Hey guys, just picked up the WA7 and WA7tp second hand from another head-fier. So far, sounds very nic

 

I haven't read through all of the forums for WA7 tube rolling, but I was wondering if anyone has some experience and could recommend some tubes...

 

I have experience with rolling 6dj8's and I really love the sound of NOS Amperex 7308's. They have wonderful, rich, luscious mids, and graceful sounding highs. Not quite as extended/airy as the highs from Siemens E88CC tubes, and not quite as forceful bass.

 

I was looking for some tubes for my new WA7/WA7tp that would match the sound signature of the Amperex tubes... respectfully tight bass, beautiful mids, and as warm/airy highs as possible.

 

 

Welcome your thoughts and looking forward to a long relationship with the WA7.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › WOO-HOOOO... WA7 "fireflies"!!!