If anyone's interested, I posted some thoughts on the RE-400 when paired with my tube gear over on another RE-400 thread.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productHiFiMAN RE-400tagged by System, 3/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- HiFiMan - RE-400 - In-Ear Stereo Headphones Last post on 12/3/13 at 7:44am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Best Workout Headphones under 100 Last post on 12/2/13 at 8:31am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Fit for in ears? how do you know when you have it? Last post on 12/1/13 at 7:44pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- In need of nice IEMs! Last post on 11/27/13 at 7:01am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Higher volume in right speaker Last post on 11/26/13 at 2:59pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: Yesterday
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: Today
DISCLAIMER This review is based on the demo set at Jaben Singapore, which I have demoed extensively no less than 3 times. Though fit is pretty good, but as perfect fit is not achieved, I shall...
Sound Quality Straight out of the box, it sounded great, pretty much like the original CAL!. I’ve done over 100 hours of burn-in. DAC is FiiO E10. As I mentioned in one of the posts, it reminded...
The smallest, toughest, yet great sounding player you can buy. Though that really depends on your luck, but it can be found for as low as 20 euros on eBay, other classifieds, or your local...
My audio chain is MP3@320 or FLAC > HiFimeDIY USB Isolator > HiFimeDIY Sabre U2 > Fiio 6" cable > Objective2 w/ 16v 400mA adapter > M-Audio Q40. There isn't much I have to add to other...
My audio chain is MP3@320 or FLAC > HiFimeDIY USB Isolator > HiFimeDIY Sabre U2 > Fiio 6" cable > Objective2 w/ 16v 400mA adapter > SR950. The SR950s are fairly detailed headphones possessing a...
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
REVIEW - HiFiMAN RE-400 Waterline IEMs - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I guess it depends on who you ask. Some people, thanks to a certain engineer and his blog, feel the Sansa stuff is about as high end as you can get in terms of portables. If that's your view then by all means, enjoy your Fuze or Clip/+/zip. I don't mean that in a condescending way either - those models sound excellent to me as well (for the price) and are very impressive for what they are.
However. I stand by my original statement that some high end CIEMs don't sound very good from my Fuze (not Fuze+) or Clip+.
The sansa stuff is great but not imho hifi classification.
Very nice review! I bought these headphones and am enjoying them very much. Also as I am enjoying reading your other reviews the way you describe gear has come into sharper focus as I can base it off what I know about these IEMs. Definitely the best headphones I own in my small collection, though the others can be fun as well!
- REVIEW - HiFiMAN RE-400 Waterline IEMs
- › The Beyerdynamic DT880 Appreciation / Discussion thread 10 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser's Own Balanced Cables for HD 600/650, HD 700, and HD 800... 20 seconds ago
- › THE best female vocals? (your favorite female singers) 22 seconds ago
- › Creative ZxR with external amp or all-in-one system? 30 seconds ago
- › So, I'm looking for that perfect amp... 31 seconds ago
- › iBasso DX50 Thread (New^4 firmware update! V1.2.2) 1 minute ago
- › Speaker amps for headphones 1 minute ago
- › Mint Fostex TH600 1 minute ago
- › AudioQuest Dragonfly Review : Affordable, Outstanding, Tiny DAC / Amp 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 598: Ugly or Sexy 2 minutes ago
- › FitEar Private C435 Custom In-Ear Monitors by Joe-Siow
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by kingpage
- › Sony NWZ-A818 8GB by stuartfang
- › M-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones by adevriesc
- › Samson SR950 by adevriesc
- › Yamaha HPH-200 Headphone (Black) by adevriesc
- › Skullcandy INK'D Earbuds (Green) by Bassbanger101
- › Q-Audio French Silk Cable by WNBC
- › Superlux HD-681 EVO Black Professional Monitor Headphones by boombox589
- › Audio-gd Master 9 Preamp & Headphone amp by staalf
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi