or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › High end Bakoon headphone amp Japan version discussion thread and Impression Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

High end Bakoon headphone amp Japan version discussion thread and Impression Thread - Page 11

post #151 of 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by goobicii View Post
 

its not nonsense I dont need to try it since this is simple science,current output is big no no for dynamic drivers due to their impedance curve,yes the sound quality is best becose bakoon is lowest distortion amp,problem is the massive bass boost due to impedance curve,it doesnt happen to planars becose their impedance curve is flat.... if you are basshead I can see it being fun but it is just silly overboosted midbass,nothing more,its not warm its just ridiculous,no headphone is perfectly flat but this is in grotesque category

 

^^^^you're funny. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-PLANE View Post
 


So it depends:  Voltage sounds more solid state like with succinct treble qualities and I prefer this for my Qualia 010;  current output drives my Fostex more tube like which is rather nice ... 

 

What amp were you powering your cans with prior to the bakoon?  I use an e-stat rig (SR-007A / KGST) and I have a dynamics rig (Woo WA7 and mostly the TH900's but I have a few other pair).  The TH900 / WA7 pairing I have been really happy with....currenlty using the yggy on both for a DAC.  The bakoon has been the only other amp I have been somewhat curious about for the dynamics is why I ask.

 

HS

post #152 of 164


 


Edited by X-PLANE - 5/30/15 at 3:11pm
post #153 of 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by HemiSam View Post
 

 

 

What amp were you powering your cans with prior to the bakoon?  I use an e-stat rig (SR-007A / KGST) and I have a dynamics rig (Woo WA7 and mostly the TH900's but I have a few other pair).  The TH900 / WA7 pairing I have been really happy with....currenlty using the yggy on both for a DAC.  The bakoon has been the only other amp I have been somewhat curious about for the dynamics is why I ask.

 

HS

 

Just replaced the Stello HP100 with the 5210.. and IMO turned out to be the most significant upgrade for my TH900 to date..

I use the Yulong DA8 DAC and PureMusic Audio for Mac.. 


Edited by X-PLANE - 5/30/15 at 3:30pm
post #154 of 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by X-PLANE View Post
 

 

Just replaced the Stello HP100 with the 5210.. and IMO turned out to be the most significant upgrade for my TH900 to date..

I use the Yulong DA8 DAC and PureMusic Audio for Mac.. 

 

 

That sounds swee, X.  Thanks for sharing.

 

Is this the amp you purchased?

 

http://www.amazon.com/Bakoon-Headphone-amplifier-HDA-5210MK3-SATRI-IC-EX/dp/B00MWMJ5HI

 

I know there is a Korean and a Japanese version but I have not studied them closely enough to be well educated regarding the options. 

 

Please feel free to PM me if you prefer.

 

HS

post #155 of 164

Happy to share for sure.. got a feeling you are at the number crunching stage? 

 

I do not have any amp upgrades, mine is just the basic version. Can't imagine I'm missing too much, this one sounds pretty terrific to my brain.

For me the most significant detail was that the Japanese version uses a 120 V power supply v.s.  the Korean version battery powered source.  

 

P.S.  amazon link is for the same amp I purchased from d3fun head-fi'r

Quote:
Originally Posted by HemiSam View Post
 

 

 

That sounds swee, X.  Thanks for sharing.

 

Is this the amp you purchased?

 

http://www.amazon.com/Bakoon-Headphone-amplifier-HDA-5210MK3-SATRI-IC-EX/dp/B00MWMJ5HI

 

I know there is a Korean and a Japanese version but I have not studied them closely enough to be well educated regarding the options. 

 

Please feel free to PM me if you prefer.

 

HS

post #156 of 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by X-PLANE View Post
 

Happy to share for sure.. got a feeling you are at the number crunching stage? 

 

I do not have any amp upgrades, mine is just the basic version. Can't imagine I'm missing too much, this one sounds pretty terrific to my brain.

For me the most significant detail was that the Japanese version uses a 120 V power supply v.s.  the Korean version battery powered source.  

 

P.S.  amazon link is for the same amp I purchased from d3fun head-fi'r

 

Not crunching numbers so much as I wanted to be clear which amp you were referring to.   The last amp I purchased was a KGST I had made for me and it's the cat's ass, but is for e-stat's only.

 

The Woo WA7 does a nice job, and is a good mix of solid state and tubes IMO.  The bakoon is very sexy though.  Glad you're enjoying it so much.

 

Thanks again for sharing.

 

HS

post #157 of 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by HemiSam View Post
 

 

Not crunching numbers so much as I wanted to be clear which amp you were referring to.   The last amp I purchased was a KGST I had made for me and it's the cat's ass, but is for e-stat's only.

 

The Woo WA7 does a nice job, and is a good mix of solid state and tubes IMO.  The bakoon is very sexy though.  Glad you're enjoying it so much.

 

Thanks again for sharing.

 

HS


Just listening to Qualias tonite with the Bakoon... so fast, so precise. Don't have any e-stats but from what I read these might be closer to that experience

post #158 of 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by X-PLANE View Post
 


Just listening to Qualias tonite with the Bakoon... so fast, so precise. Don't have any e-stats but from what I read these might be closer to that experience

 

 

Good stuff.  I have read good things about the Qualias but have not auditioned a pair so I cannot offer much insight into how they compare to e-stats.  

 

I need to try the TH900's with the new DAC, but I just can't seem to disconnect the e-stat rig since the ygg arrived and is now properly warmed up.  I bet the 900's will be incredible.  The 007's are so impactful, layered and detailed without being harsh that I can't seem to detach myself from the teet...

 

HS 

post #159 of 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by HemiSam View Post
 

 

^^^^you're funny. 

 

 

What amp were you powering your cans with prior to the bakoon?  I use an e-stat rig (SR-007A / KGST) and I have a dynamics rig (Woo WA7 and mostly the TH900's but I have a few other pair).  The TH900 / WA7 pairing I have been really happy with....currenlty using the yggy on both for a DAC.  The bakoon has been the only other amp I have been somewhat curious about for the dynamics is why I ask.

 

HS

no you are funny,ask anybody who is educated on this subject what he thinks about combining TH900 a headphone that have normaly bass hump at 50hz + impedance spike at 50hz together with Bakoon current output.........         flat freqency response is quality,a massive midbass hump is bad except if you are basshead

 

 

stupid person must try everything and get biiitchslaped by life to learn,a smart person use power of logic and science to avoid problems,nobody looking for flat freqency response will mate bakoon on current mode with dynamic headphones and their curved impedances,this is simple,basic science,no magic......  same like damping factors and otl tube amps,sure the bass isnt bloated becose bakoon is ultra precise but the bass boost is still there,ofcourse if you are basshead this must be like gods gift a ultimate utopia :D

 

 

look TH900 impedance.......then look at its impedance curve..........then look at bakoon current output impedance..... then cry/laugh,whatever :)

 

 

the only point in bakoon is current output,only planars have flat impedance curve..... bakoon is best amp in the world,but its only for planars,yes you can,but you get severly altered FR,you might enjoy it but its extremly imperfect


Edited by goobicii - 5/31/15 at 9:45pm
post #160 of 164

'goober' is right.  My Korean HPA-21 pairs extremely well with every headphone I've thrown at it ala its current controlled output, from TH900 thru LCD-2.2 planars to the HD 800, which is the best pairing I've found for that particular pair of headphones.

post #161 of 164
No complaints here the TH900 never sounded better with my Japanese Bakoon amp - sublime is how I would describe the combination. Science is constantly changing in terms of our reality like sifting sand. Goobicii aside from quoting other people's measurements etc do you have any actual experience with this pairing?
post #162 of 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by goobicii View Post
 

no you are funny,ask anybody who is educated on this subject what he thinks about combining TH900 a headphone that have normaly bass hump at 50hz + impedance spike at 50hz together with Bakoon current output.........         flat freqency response is quality,a massive midbass hump is bad except if you are basshead

 

 

stupid person must try everything and get biiitchslaped by life to learn,a smart person use power of logic and science to avoid problems,nobody looking for flat freqency response will mate bakoon on current mode with dynamic headphones and their curved impedances,this is simple,basic science,no magic......  same like damping factors and otl tube amps,sure the bass isnt bloated becose bakoon is ultra precise but the bass boost is still there,ofcourse if you are basshead this must be like gods gift a ultimate utopia :D

 

 

look TH900 impedance.......then look at its impedance curve..........then look at bakoon current output impedance..... then cry/laugh,whatever :)

 

 

the only point in bakoon is current output,only planars have flat impedance curve..... bakoon is best amp in the world,but its only for planars,yes you can,but you get severly altered FR,you might enjoy it but its extremly imperfect

 

 

LMAO.  "bitch slapped' is not a term I've seen used regarding headphone audio.  I've seen it on muscle car forums many a time.  What I have found over the years is that people like you, that talk smack on the internet, rarely if ever have much to say at the race track when you're looking a person in the eyes and are standing in front of them.  I expect there's a small pee pee syndrome involved here, but that's for another thread :biggrin:

 

You've got a lot of folks with real world experience using the bakoon with dynamic cans.  I personally think you're full of crap simply reading a graph and spouting off as if you actually know, as if you have listened to the combination, but whatever floats your boat.  Posts are free and it looks like you're getting your money's worth.

 

HS

post #163 of 164

ITS SIMPLE SCIENCE

post #164 of 164

Golly, Mister Wizard!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › High end Bakoon headphone amp Japan version discussion thread and Impression Thread