After switching the DX100 on, some media search/analysis happens. According to iBasso this is finished when a title appears in the standard player. This takes very long, about 40 minutes. I have filled the internal mem about 80% with music, the 64 GB SD-card the same. Is this normal or can I speed this up?
- productiBasso DX100 Reference DAPtagged by System, 3/1/13
Related Forum Threads
- cleaning spray with my ibasso dx100 Last post on 3/15/14 at 4:08pm in Portable Source Gear
- Mediamonkey for Metro looks good for Windows 8/8.1 Last post on 3/1/14 at 5:17pm in Computer Audio
- how can i input music to the DX100 / Hdp-r10 with Mac OS X?! Last post on 2/7/14 at 1:32pm in Portable Source Gear
- Ibasso still in business ? Last post on 2/9/14 at 4:50am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Ibasso dx100 vs CLAS DB + Rx MK3 B Last post on 2/13/14 at 10:37am in Portable Headphone Amps
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable Devices)Last edited: 12/28/12
Have had these for 3 months after losing a pair of Pioneer HDJ 500s. Preferred the look and build quality of the Pioneers, but the Sonys look ok and fold up nicely. The HDJ 500s didn't fold, but...
I think some of the reviews above have missed the real point of the i-20 for audiophiles, it provides an excellent spdif output from an iPod. Used with an external DAC the sound is excellent and...
Thanks to slwiser, Spidermeng and Woody469 for some of the pictures used in this video.
This is the first item that dragged me into the world of audiophile, having started as noob with this great cans I must say that Shure SE215 Special Edition is cans for everybody, all things...
below is a review of of the v-moda xs! check out my channel(like and subscribe) recently uploaded a review and comparison with the v-moda m100s
After Start DX100 takes a very long time to play
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 210/17/13 at 9:51pm
Android 2.3 does not have fstrim enabled. This is available only from Android 4.3 onwards. There is an fstrim utility in the google play store but it requires that you root the DX100.
The following explanation of fstrim behavior is courtesy of the Nexus 7.2013 review posted on Anandtech.com (http://www.anandtech.com/show/7231/the-nexus-7-2013-review/4).
"The biggest issue? Performance when operating in a full or near-full state. With tons of files on your internal storage, the data structures that have to track all of those files and where they're located in NAND space get pretty complex, and traversing those structures takes a considerable amount of time. The part that many seem to forget is that once you delete a file in Android, it's not immediately removed from internal storage. The space is freed up in the OS, but the eMMC controller still tracks all of the data as valid bits. It's only when that data is overwritten that the controller knows the previous data didn't matter.
In other words, it's possible to have tons of free space on your internal storage, but have the drive appear full to the eMMC controller (and thus enjoy all of the terrible performance that goes along with it). To make matters worse, you never even have to fill your drive to get it into this state. In order to maintain even wear across all NAND cells (to extend the lifespan of the NAND flash), the eMMC controller will write to new/empty blocks in NAND as much as possible. Let's say you have 10GB of storage and Android writes 1GB of data to new addresses every month and deletes the previous 1GB each time. As long as the addresses being written to never overlap, your drive will be full in 10 months (from the eMMC controller's perspective) but Android will still report 9GB of free space.
Fstrim establishes communication between the OS and the eMMC controller to address this problem - and it's enabled in Android 4.3."
I wrote to iBasso asking if an update to the OS will be coming. Their response:
"Hi,Thank you for your email.We don't have plan to update the DX100's OS.SincerelyiBasso Audio"
- After Start DX100 takes a very long time to play
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre *ES9018K2M*, New amp section. Review 1st... 5 seconds ago
- › = HIFIMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread (pre-orders up!) = 6 seconds ago
- › O2 AMP + ODAC 1 minute ago
- › The DX90 by iBasso . . . please post your reviews and impressions.... 1 minute ago
- › The Stax Thread III 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Appreciation Thread!! 2 minutes ago
- › Light Harmonic Geek Out EM/1000 Impressions and Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Toxic Cables - The Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-V55/BR DJ style Headphones by Vero Golf Champ
- › Pure i20 iPod Dock by Gruffnutz
- › Astell & Kern AK240 by Currawong
- › Shure SE215 Special Edition by TherryK13
- › V-MODA XS by Tom22
- › Sony MDR-XD100 Stereo Headphones by xflight297
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by Bonny
- › HifiMan Electronics HM-700 DAC with RE-400b Balanced In-Ear... by lin0003
- › Astrotec AX35 by tomscy2000
- › Denon AH-D600 by derbigpr
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob