After switching the DX100 on, some media search/analysis happens. According to iBasso this is finished when a title appears in the standard player. This takes very long, about 40 minutes. I have filled the internal mem about 80% with music, the 64 GB SD-card the same. Is this normal or can I speed this up?
- productiBasso DX100 Reference DAPtagged by System, 3/1/13
Related Forum Threads
- cleaning spray with my ibasso dx100 Last post on 3/15/14 at 4:08pm in Portable Source Gear
- Mediamonkey for Metro looks good for Windows 8/8.1 Last post on 3/1/14 at 5:17pm in Computer Audio
- how can i input music to the DX100 / Hdp-r10 with Mac OS X?! Last post on 2/7/14 at 1:32pm in Portable Source Gear
- Ibasso still in business ? Last post on 2/9/14 at 4:50am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Ibasso dx100 vs CLAS DB + Rx MK3 B Last post on 2/13/14 at 10:37am in Portable Headphone Amps
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable Devices)Last edited: 12/28/12
Hi When i brought these i hoped that they would sound amazing. But when i tried these i noticed that there was no bass at all. I'm a bass head. Now i brought the ferrari by logic3 T150. They...
Been looking for some new closed headphones, with only three at the moment and for some time in fact. Good ones, though: Sony MDR Z1000, Sony MDR 7520, and Senn Amperiors, Sometimes you just...
There are many great headphones in this SUB-$150 category , I have a good amount of headphones in the range and have tried a good enough of them to know what to expect in this category The...
(Note - XL ear pads are installed. The sound will be judged based on that.) Introduction: I purchased these headphones mainly out of curiosity. I was reading reviews and watching youtubers...
Accessories: Includes a pouch and cable. Pouch is well-built, compact, and stylish. Soft, flexible cable has never tangled for me in my time with it. Right angled jack is durable and well-relieved....
After Start DX100 takes a very long time to play
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 210/17/13 at 9:51pm
Android 2.3 does not have fstrim enabled. This is available only from Android 4.3 onwards. There is an fstrim utility in the google play store but it requires that you root the DX100.
The following explanation of fstrim behavior is courtesy of the Nexus 7.2013 review posted on Anandtech.com (http://www.anandtech.com/show/7231/the-nexus-7-2013-review/4).
"The biggest issue? Performance when operating in a full or near-full state. With tons of files on your internal storage, the data structures that have to track all of those files and where they're located in NAND space get pretty complex, and traversing those structures takes a considerable amount of time. The part that many seem to forget is that once you delete a file in Android, it's not immediately removed from internal storage. The space is freed up in the OS, but the eMMC controller still tracks all of the data as valid bits. It's only when that data is overwritten that the controller knows the previous data didn't matter.
In other words, it's possible to have tons of free space on your internal storage, but have the drive appear full to the eMMC controller (and thus enjoy all of the terrible performance that goes along with it). To make matters worse, you never even have to fill your drive to get it into this state. In order to maintain even wear across all NAND cells (to extend the lifespan of the NAND flash), the eMMC controller will write to new/empty blocks in NAND as much as possible. Let's say you have 10GB of storage and Android writes 1GB of data to new addresses every month and deletes the previous 1GB each time. As long as the addresses being written to never overlap, your drive will be full in 10 months (from the eMMC controller's perspective) but Android will still report 9GB of free space.
Fstrim establishes communication between the OS and the eMMC controller to address this problem - and it's enabled in Android 4.3."
I wrote to iBasso asking if an update to the OS will be coming. Their response:
"Hi,Thank you for your email.We don't have plan to update the DX100's OS.SincerelyiBasso Audio"
- After Start DX100 takes a very long time to play
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...
- › Sennheiser HD650 Appreciation Thread!! 37 seconds ago
- › THE DIY HEADPHONE STAND THREAD 1 minute ago
- › Ultimate Ears UE 900 Discussion and Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II 2 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio: NEW! WA7tp (tube PSU) Early-bird offer 3 minutes ago
- › The DX90 by iBasso . . . please post your reviews and impressions.... 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Credibility 4 minutes ago
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable... 4 minutes ago
- › Denon AH-C300 Urban Raver and AH-C400 Music Maniac Discussion Thread 5 minutes ago
- › PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Parts/Overclocking) 7 minutes ago
- › Klipsch Image S3 Nosie-Isolating Earphones with Patented Oval Ear-Tips by Arno Berck
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by zazex
- › Ultrasone HFI-450 by MrTechAgent
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-100 by zach8278
- › Ultimate Ears UE4000 Headphones by gopats1479
- › NoiseHush NX85 Stereo 3.5mm Headset with Mic - Retail Packaging -... by Mathewsa
- › LHLabs Geek Out by bhazard
- › Monster Inspiration by betterthan1122
- › Meridian Explorer by zolkis
- › Beyerdynamic T51P Tesla Headphone - Silver by twister6
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude