After switching the DX100 on, some media search/analysis happens. According to iBasso this is finished when a title appears in the standard player. This takes very long, about 40 minutes. I have filled the internal mem about 80% with music, the 64 GB SD-card the same. Is this normal or can I speed this up?
- productiBasso DX100 Reference DAPtagged by System, 3/1/13
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones, going from 91db to 96 db, would it make a noticeable difference with a DAP ? Last post on 12/4/13 at 12:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
- recommended player with line out and bluetooth output, support for microSD? Last post on 12/4/13 at 9:22am in Portable Source Gear
- iBasso DX100 Last post on 11/13/13 at 6:50am in Source Components For Sale / Trade
- Ibasso DX100 Last post on 11/8/13 at 7:52pm in Source Components For Sale / Trade
- Selling my iBasso DX100 Japanese Version (aka HDP-R10) Last post on 11/4/13 at 9:38pm in Portable Source Gear
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 12/4/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable Devices)Last edited: 12/28/12
Introduction - The HD 518's are the starter model in the Sennheiser's audiophile range. They are really VFM and a good starter audiophile headphone for people who are looking into going the...
I got these on a pawn shop deal, and wanted some cheap headphones that could deliver for what I was looking for. An all-arounder that provided clarity, good bass, nice treble, and handled all...
Introduction: I still don't know why I keep buying headphones, really! I thought I was done but no, headphones like this one have to pop up on my radar and I'm weak enough that I have to buy...
Comparing these to my Philips L1 and my Beyer T1 they have a lot more mid-bass through midrange and are slightly tilted toward the high. They sound great but quite a bit different sound signature...
DISCLAIMER This review is based on the demo set at Jaben Singapore, which I have demoed extensively no less than 3 times. Though fit is pretty good, but as perfect fit is not achieved, I shall...
After Start DX100 takes a very long time to play
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #2 of 210/17/13 at 9:51pm
Android 2.3 does not have fstrim enabled. This is available only from Android 4.3 onwards. There is an fstrim utility in the google play store but it requires that you root the DX100.
The following explanation of fstrim behavior is courtesy of the Nexus 7.2013 review posted on Anandtech.com (http://www.anandtech.com/show/7231/the-nexus-7-2013-review/4).
"The biggest issue? Performance when operating in a full or near-full state. With tons of files on your internal storage, the data structures that have to track all of those files and where they're located in NAND space get pretty complex, and traversing those structures takes a considerable amount of time. The part that many seem to forget is that once you delete a file in Android, it's not immediately removed from internal storage. The space is freed up in the OS, but the eMMC controller still tracks all of the data as valid bits. It's only when that data is overwritten that the controller knows the previous data didn't matter.
In other words, it's possible to have tons of free space on your internal storage, but have the drive appear full to the eMMC controller (and thus enjoy all of the terrible performance that goes along with it). To make matters worse, you never even have to fill your drive to get it into this state. In order to maintain even wear across all NAND cells (to extend the lifespan of the NAND flash), the eMMC controller will write to new/empty blocks in NAND as much as possible. Let's say you have 10GB of storage and Android writes 1GB of data to new addresses every month and deletes the previous 1GB each time. As long as the addresses being written to never overlap, your drive will be full in 10 months (from the eMMC controller's perspective) but Android will still report 9GB of free space.
Fstrim establishes communication between the OS and the eMMC controller to address this problem - and it's enabled in Android 4.3."
I wrote to iBasso asking if an update to the OS will be coming. Their response:
"Hi,Thank you for your email.We don't have plan to update the DX100's OS.SincerelyiBasso Audio"
- After Start DX100 takes a very long time to play
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...
- › Schiit Owners Unite 25 seconds ago
- › HiFiMan RE-600 Review 39 seconds ago
- › Comparisons: B&W P7, PSB M4U2, Momentum, MDR-1R, QC15, DT1350,... 53 seconds ago
- › wi-fi capable with great sound? 1 minute ago
- › PS Audio's new DAC - NuWave 1 minute ago
- › How to connect sub to Audio engine a2? Help audio Gurus 1 minute ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 2 minutes ago
- › Final Audio Design FAD - Heaven IV Black (BNIB) 3 minutes ago
- › NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!! 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by xoriac
- › Roland RH-200 Monitor Headphones by IEMagnet01
- › Perfect Sound d901b by gelocks
- › Sony MDR-7520 Professional Headphones by groovyd
- › FitEar Private C435 Custom In-Ear Monitors by Joe-Siow
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by kingpage
- › Sony NWZ-A818 8GB by stuartfang
- › M-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones by adevriesc
- › Samson SR950 by adevriesc
- › Yamaha HPH-200 Headphone (Black) by adevriesc
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe