- 7,163 Posts. Joined 1/2011
- Location: Oz
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- v moda m100 Last post on 9/15/14 at 12:16pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for New Over-Ears Last post on 6/17/14 at 8:41pm in Headphones (full-size)
- The V-moda V80 is so wobbly! Last post on 7/2/14 at 7:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- Suggestions for <$250 semi/open back headphones with detachable cord? Last post on 2/26/14 at 6:17pm in Headphones (full-size)
- How is the V Moda M80 / M100 with rock and rap? Last post on 2/19/14 at 2:39pm in Headphones (full-size)
I'd say this is a great set of IEMs for its price if you're looking for that consumer v-shaped sound sig. It's not the most balanced sound sig, but for what it is, it sounds pretty good. The mids...
As of September 2014, the HE-400 has been discontinued, and it's successor, the HE-400i is being sold in its place. So why publish, or even read, a review now? First, there are many used...
DAC OCU(B) 1866 — very interesting portable DAC/amp combo from Russian manufacturer Myst. Things I like: — Nice look. As OCUB is made in small quantities, it uses stock case, but case is fully...
Note: I'm not sure why, but for whatever reason the little bars at the side aren't matching what I put them to. Audio Quality, Design, and Value I all consider to be top notch, with comfort having...
This is a review of Bowers & Wilkins B&W C5 Series 2 (new 2014 version) in-ear premium headphones with in-line remote....
[ortho transplant]: T50rp drivers into V-Moda Crossfade (lots of pictures) - Page 4
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I have the best mod yet.
Buy a pair of beats
Crush them up
Throw them into the rubbish bin
Buy a pair of Audeze LCD3's
Actually, it's been a backburner idea of mine to transplant some ortho drivers into a Beats, and possibly replace the noise canceling circuit with a small amp.
I herd the Mad Dogs yesterday and they sound amazing.
Spoke to owner such a nice guy in person.
These drivers have sound right up there with the big guys.
So Ive got a question for OP.
I have a pair of V-Moda LP2s which I have grown away from, mainly because they sound terrible with everything except dubstep, which I have stopped listening to for the most part.
What I wanna know is, woulf you be able to perform this mod to a pair of LP2s, with T50RP drivers? And if so how much would you charge me for the process?
My headphone rack has swelled considerably recently...
and so the difficult decision had to be made,
to sell this one of a kind V-modex up for new owner so will post up on for sale threads later today..(!).
It will be interesting on reading impressions from another.
I find the Audio Technicas interesting. I've owned or heard the A700/900, AD700/900, ES7, ESW9, and M50. Probably my favourite of the bunch would be the ESW9.
I've never heard a Beyer that I liked, and I've gone through a lot of them... DT770/880/990 in several impedances each, T70 and T70p, T50p, DT1350, and the DT250. If I had to pick one amoung them, it would either be the DT250 or DT880.
I listened to them all at NY meet.
The most unimpressive was the t50p I only listened to, and the dt1350 I owned.
I had high hopes wich came crashing down as they were clinically lifeless. Yes I am being hard as they are quality cans but my expectations were too high.
The esw9 exceeded those same expectations and my go to can but I am afraid of scratching the wood cups..
The v-modex is very luxurious feel and the sound is way up there in sweet details but I conceed they do need a portable amp to sound their best.
My phone was driving them well at near max vol (one notch below),
But battery life suffered so I did not end up using them as intendid.
Have to get a small headphone amp as my O2 is not small enough ..
Edited by Maxx134 - 5/29/13 at 6:59am
Well it is an ortho after all. They like to have a bit of extra juice behind them, though the Fostex kin don't require a ton like the Hifimans or Audezes. The V-Modex seems to be a bit more sensitive than the regular modded T50rp (from my impressions at least, though I find the big T50rp isolates better so that skews the impressions).
Hey guys, just thought I'd post my own V-Modexs up here that Armaegis recently sent back to me. They sound fantastic, and well balanced, with only a slight v shaped curve. Great work all around. As you can see I did happen to also do a velour pad mod, and though it reduces bass response a little (which was easily compensated for through an equalizer), the added comfort level is awesome. (Props to Rudeboybass for the velour pad instructions)
Edited by Phobos1393 - 6/5/13 at 1:54am
- [ortho transplant]: T50rp drivers into V-Moda Crossfade (lots of pictures)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Light Harmonic GEEK 6 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 8 seconds ago
- › New Member Introductions thread 15 seconds ago
- › LAMPIZATOR THREAD COMMENTS REVIEWS TUNING 1 minute ago
- › FS: FitEar TG!334 in excellent condition - BEST PRICE! 1 minute ago
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 2.0 1 minute ago
- › Light Harmonic Geek Out EM/1000 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Creative Sound blaster E5 - Headphone amp + USB DAC with OTG +... 2 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz) 2 minutes ago
- › Xiaomi Pistons 2.0 MK301 by Midgetguy
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by Rajikaru
- › MyST 1866 by cleg
- › The Enigma by Levaix
- › Bowers & Wilkins C5 S2 In-Ear Headphones, Black by twister6
- › MEElectronics M9-BK Hi-Fi Sound-Isolating Earphones (Black) by lin0003
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by twister6
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by Michaelc136
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Kamakahah
- › Comply Custom Wraps by ClieOS
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)