- 7,163 Posts. Joined 1/2011
- Location: Oz
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for New Over-Ears Last post on 6/17/14 at 8:41pm in Headphones (full-size)
- The V-moda V80 is so wobbly! Last post on 7/2/14 at 7:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- Suggestions for <$250 semi/open back headphones with detachable cord? Last post on 2/26/14 at 6:17pm in Headphones (full-size)
- How is the V Moda M80 / M100 with rock and rap? Last post on 2/19/14 at 2:39pm in Headphones (full-size)
- How is the V Moda M80 / M100 with rock and rap? Last post on 2/20/14 at 9:05am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
This is a review of TTPOD T1E dual dynamic driver in-ear headphones. http://penonaudio.com/TTPOD-T1E-Bass Here you go, another in-ear headphone gem for under $50! Though I was a bit skeptical...
My first quality IEM purchase was the Hifiman RE-400 when they first came out. I was used to low end Skullcandy sets at the time, and I really wanted to see what "reference sound" sounded like for...
This is going to be a short review, just letting you know in advance. I listen to mostly contemporary pop, classic rock, as well as a little classical. In my search for a good headphone to use for...
Disclaimer: This unit was part of a tour held by Justin at Headamp.com. As the second in the tour to hear these headphones, it likely was not properly burnt in. I thank Justin for giving me the...
Bought them today for 20€ to use them till i get the bose mie2i and try out how this type of headphone would be like. the sound is okay to watch dvds on you notebook but just muddy if you want...
[ortho transplant]: T50rp drivers into V-Moda Crossfade (lots of pictures) - Page 4
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I have the best mod yet.
Buy a pair of beats
Crush them up
Throw them into the rubbish bin
Buy a pair of Audeze LCD3's
Actually, it's been a backburner idea of mine to transplant some ortho drivers into a Beats, and possibly replace the noise canceling circuit with a small amp.
I herd the Mad Dogs yesterday and they sound amazing.
Spoke to owner such a nice guy in person.
These drivers have sound right up there with the big guys.
So Ive got a question for OP.
I have a pair of V-Moda LP2s which I have grown away from, mainly because they sound terrible with everything except dubstep, which I have stopped listening to for the most part.
What I wanna know is, woulf you be able to perform this mod to a pair of LP2s, with T50RP drivers? And if so how much would you charge me for the process?
My headphone rack has swelled considerably recently...
and so the difficult decision had to be made,
to sell this one of a kind V-modex up for new owner so will post up on for sale threads later today..(!).
It will be interesting on reading impressions from another.
I find the Audio Technicas interesting. I've owned or heard the A700/900, AD700/900, ES7, ESW9, and M50. Probably my favourite of the bunch would be the ESW9.
I've never heard a Beyer that I liked, and I've gone through a lot of them... DT770/880/990 in several impedances each, T70 and T70p, T50p, DT1350, and the DT250. If I had to pick one amoung them, it would either be the DT250 or DT880.
I listened to them all at NY meet.
The most unimpressive was the t50p I only listened to, and the dt1350 I owned.
I had high hopes wich came crashing down as they were clinically lifeless. Yes I am being hard as they are quality cans but my expectations were too high.
The esw9 exceeded those same expectations and my go to can but I am afraid of scratching the wood cups..
The v-modex is very luxurious feel and the sound is way up there in sweet details but I conceed they do need a portable amp to sound their best.
My phone was driving them well at near max vol (one notch below),
But battery life suffered so I did not end up using them as intendid.
Have to get a small headphone amp as my O2 is not small enough ..
Edited by Maxx134 - 5/29/13 at 6:59am
Well it is an ortho after all. They like to have a bit of extra juice behind them, though the Fostex kin don't require a ton like the Hifimans or Audezes. The V-Modex seems to be a bit more sensitive than the regular modded T50rp (from my impressions at least, though I find the big T50rp isolates better so that skews the impressions).
Hey guys, just thought I'd post my own V-Modexs up here that Armaegis recently sent back to me. They sound fantastic, and well balanced, with only a slight v shaped curve. Great work all around. As you can see I did happen to also do a velour pad mod, and though it reduces bass response a little (which was easily compensated for through an equalizer), the added comfort level is awesome. (Props to Rudeboybass for the velour pad instructions)
Edited by Phobos1393 - 6/5/13 at 1:54am
- [ortho transplant]: T50rp drivers into V-Moda Crossfade (lots of pictures)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Geek Out 1,000 mw - 2 units available in red 50 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD518 HD558 HD598 Support Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Need help getting a basic setup started for my HD 558 and speakers 3 minutes ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 3 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 3 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 IEM Headphones Review 3 minutes ago
- › What "house sound" annoys you the most? 3 minutes ago
- › Cowon Plenue P1 4 minutes ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 4 minutes ago
- › iPad iPhone bit-perfect wi-fi streaming 24bit or DSD files / high... 5 minutes ago
- › TTPOD T1-E High Definition Dual Dynamic Professional In-ear Earphone by twister6
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by bhazard
- › AKG K712 Pro by achelgeson
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Barra
- › PHILIPS-HEADPHONES SHQ1200/28 SHQ1200/28 SPORTS IN EAR HEADPHONES by dieTasse
- › Beats by Dr. Dre Tour In-Ear Headphones by juston
- › Sennheiser Momentum by MacroPower
- › Grado Labs SR225e by yage
- › Tekfusion Twinwoofers by BillsonChang007
- › ATH-ESW10JPN by bluelines
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)