- 6,959 Posts. Joined 1/2011
- Location: Oz
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How is the V Moda M80 / M100 with rock and rap? Last post on 2/19/14 at 2:39pm in Headphones (full-size)
- How is the V Moda M80 / M100 with rock and rap? Last post on 2/20/14 at 9:05am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need Help to choose closed headphones for my wife. Last post on 1/23/14 at 1:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser vs V Moda (Brands) Last post on 1/1/14 at 12:01am in Headphones (full-size)
- FiiO's New PCOCC-A Cables - Impressions, Reviews, Discussion Last post on 2/6/14 at 7:28pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
[ortho transplant]: T50rp drivers into V-Moda Crossfade (lots of pictures) - Page 4post #46 of 854/12/13 at 2:57pmLike most other orthodynamic (planar magnetic) drivers the T50RP drivers are no slouch and respond very well to mods.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #47 of 854/14/13 at 3:36am
I have the best mod yet.
Buy a pair of beats
Crush them up
Throw them into the rubbish bin
Buy a pair of Audeze LCD3'spost #48 of 854/15/13 at 10:21ampost #49 of 854/15/13 at 10:49amThread Starter
Actually, it's been a backburner idea of mine to transplant some ortho drivers into a Beats, and possibly replace the noise canceling circuit with a small amp.post #50 of 854/15/13 at 11:04amMaybe also consider closed versus open design.
I herd the Mad Dogs yesterday and they sound amazing.
Spoke to owner such a nice guy in person.
These drivers have sound right up there with the big guys.post #51 of 854/16/13 at 10:26pm
So Ive got a question for OP.
I have a pair of V-Moda LP2s which I have grown away from, mainly because they sound terrible with everything except dubstep, which I have stopped listening to for the most part.
What I wanna know is, woulf you be able to perform this mod to a pair of LP2s, with T50RP drivers? And if so how much would you charge me for the process?post #52 of 854/16/13 at 11:22pmThread Starterpost #53 of 855/28/13 at 12:32pmHey guys giving an update on this V-modex .
My headphone rack has swelled considerably recently...
and so the difficult decision had to be made,
to sell this one of a kind V-modex up for new owner so will post up on for sale threads later today..(!).
It will be interesting on reading impressions from another.post #54 of 855/28/13 at 1:08pmThread Starterpost #55 of 855/28/13 at 2:01pmpost #56 of 855/28/13 at 2:38pmThread Starter
I find the Audio Technicas interesting. I've owned or heard the A700/900, AD700/900, ES7, ESW9, and M50. Probably my favourite of the bunch would be the ESW9.
I've never heard a Beyer that I liked, and I've gone through a lot of them... DT770/880/990 in several impedances each, T70 and T70p, T50p, DT1350, and the DT250. If I had to pick one amoung them, it would either be the DT250 or DT880.post #57 of 855/29/13 at 5:54amYes none of the beyers, absolutely none except this T90 do I like.
I listened to them all at NY meet.
The most unimpressive was the t50p I only listened to, and the dt1350 I owned.
I had high hopes wich came crashing down as they were clinically lifeless. Yes I am being hard as they are quality cans but my expectations were too high.
The esw9 exceeded those same expectations and my go to can but I am afraid of scratching the wood cups..
The v-modex is very luxurious feel and the sound is way up there in sweet details but I conceed they do need a portable amp to sound their best.
My phone was driving them well at near max vol (one notch below),
But battery life suffered so I did not end up using them as intendid.
Have to get a small headphone amp as my O2 is not small enough ..
Edited by Maxx134 - 5/29/13 at 6:59ampost #58 of 855/29/13 at 12:11pmThread Starter
Well it is an ortho after all. They like to have a bit of extra juice behind them, though the Fostex kin don't require a ton like the Hifimans or Audezes. The V-Modex seems to be a bit more sensitive than the regular modded T50rp (from my impressions at least, though I find the big T50rp isolates better so that skews the impressions).post #59 of 855/30/13 at 4:25pm
Hey guys, just thought I'd post my own V-Modexs up here that Armaegis recently sent back to me. They sound fantastic, and well balanced, with only a slight v shaped curve. Great work all around. As you can see I did happen to also do a velour pad mod, and though it reduces bass response a little (which was easily compensated for through an equalizer), the added comfort level is awesome. (Props to Rudeboybass for the velour pad instructions)
Edited by Phobos1393 - 6/5/13 at 1:54am
- [ortho transplant]: T50rp drivers into V-Moda Crossfade (lots of pictures)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old... 28 seconds ago
- › PS4 vs XBOX ONE (What would you buy and why? No fanboy like... 1 minute ago
- › Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II 1 minute ago
- › AuricSonics ASG-2 Stealth + Toxic Scorpion. Trade 846 etc. 1 minute ago
- › The Basshead Club 2 minutes ago
- › High end headphones and IEMs 2 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.2.8 3 minutes ago
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › AKG K451 High-Performance Foldable Mini Headset (Black) by subwoofer
- › Sennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphone by aeromaniac
- › Ultimate Ears 500 by echo1284
- › Musical Fidelity MF-100 High Quality On-Ear Headphones by astroid
- › Shure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphone by agistrilink
- › NCredible NErgy In-Ear Headphones by Monster® by tevbax
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by De_klusjesman
- › Klipsch S3M-Blue-HP In-Ear Headphone, Blue by DaddyMojo
- › Unique Melody Mentor acrylic universal/custom by svyr
- › Fischer Audio TBA-04 IEM by exsomnis
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude