- 7,163 Posts. Joined 1/2011
- Location: Oz
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for New Over-Ears Last post on 6/17/14 at 8:41pm in Headphones (full-size)
- The V-moda V80 is so wobbly! Last post on 7/2/14 at 7:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- Suggestions for <$250 semi/open back headphones with detachable cord? Last post on 2/26/14 at 6:17pm in Headphones (full-size)
- How is the V Moda M80 / M100 with rock and rap? Last post on 2/19/14 at 2:39pm in Headphones (full-size)
- How is the V Moda M80 / M100 with rock and rap? Last post on 2/20/14 at 9:05am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
I said DON'T TALK !!
i never usually write reviews, but when i do, its usually with underrated earphones/headphones, because i think they do deserve some justice. just a background, i own headphones like brainwavz,...
Rather than go into the esoteric aspects of the sound signature (not really sure if all the nomenclature actually means the same thing to everyone) I'm going to approach this review from a little...
Got a good local deal on these as the are being replaced by the SoundTrue variant, which as far as I can tell, only adds a case and different colors. The Bose AE2 are a very lightweight...
RockJaw is an up and coming headphone company from Great Britain starting strong with a huge lineup. The Alfa Genus is one of their midrange offerings and offers a certain special something that is...
[ortho transplant]: T50rp drivers into V-Moda Crossfade (lots of pictures) - Page 4
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I have the best mod yet.
Buy a pair of beats
Crush them up
Throw them into the rubbish bin
Buy a pair of Audeze LCD3's
Actually, it's been a backburner idea of mine to transplant some ortho drivers into a Beats, and possibly replace the noise canceling circuit with a small amp.
I herd the Mad Dogs yesterday and they sound amazing.
Spoke to owner such a nice guy in person.
These drivers have sound right up there with the big guys.
So Ive got a question for OP.
I have a pair of V-Moda LP2s which I have grown away from, mainly because they sound terrible with everything except dubstep, which I have stopped listening to for the most part.
What I wanna know is, woulf you be able to perform this mod to a pair of LP2s, with T50RP drivers? And if so how much would you charge me for the process?
My headphone rack has swelled considerably recently...
and so the difficult decision had to be made,
to sell this one of a kind V-modex up for new owner so will post up on for sale threads later today..(!).
It will be interesting on reading impressions from another.
I find the Audio Technicas interesting. I've owned or heard the A700/900, AD700/900, ES7, ESW9, and M50. Probably my favourite of the bunch would be the ESW9.
I've never heard a Beyer that I liked, and I've gone through a lot of them... DT770/880/990 in several impedances each, T70 and T70p, T50p, DT1350, and the DT250. If I had to pick one amoung them, it would either be the DT250 or DT880.
I listened to them all at NY meet.
The most unimpressive was the t50p I only listened to, and the dt1350 I owned.
I had high hopes wich came crashing down as they were clinically lifeless. Yes I am being hard as they are quality cans but my expectations were too high.
The esw9 exceeded those same expectations and my go to can but I am afraid of scratching the wood cups..
The v-modex is very luxurious feel and the sound is way up there in sweet details but I conceed they do need a portable amp to sound their best.
My phone was driving them well at near max vol (one notch below),
But battery life suffered so I did not end up using them as intendid.
Have to get a small headphone amp as my O2 is not small enough ..
Edited by Maxx134 - 5/29/13 at 6:59am
Well it is an ortho after all. They like to have a bit of extra juice behind them, though the Fostex kin don't require a ton like the Hifimans or Audezes. The V-Modex seems to be a bit more sensitive than the regular modded T50rp (from my impressions at least, though I find the big T50rp isolates better so that skews the impressions).
Hey guys, just thought I'd post my own V-Modexs up here that Armaegis recently sent back to me. They sound fantastic, and well balanced, with only a slight v shaped curve. Great work all around. As you can see I did happen to also do a velour pad mod, and though it reduces bass response a little (which was easily compensated for through an equalizer), the added comfort level is awesome. (Props to Rudeboybass for the velour pad instructions)
Edited by Phobos1393 - 6/5/13 at 1:54am
- [ortho transplant]: T50rp drivers into V-Moda Crossfade (lots of pictures)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Hi folks! Brand new around here (well, kinda) and looking for some... 4 seconds ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 6 seconds ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 12 seconds ago
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 IEM 45 seconds ago
- › Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II 1 minute ago
- › The Compass Thread (New) 1 minute ago
- › Recommendations Please: Workhorse CD Player Cheap 3 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 3 minutes ago
- › Speaker upgrade recommendation for FL and FR surround components. 3 minutes ago
- › Is anyone building the KGSSHV? 4 minutes ago
- › Westone Elite Series ES60 by Lorias
- › Philips SHL5905BK/28 CitiScape Uptown by emanlee
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by shockdoc
- › Bose®AE2 audio headphones by Blinxat
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by Ishcabible
- › Phiaton PS 20 Half In-Ear Premium Earphone (Glossy Black) by DrikTheTroll
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)