First off, my budget is a Maximum of $300. I am looking for some over-the-ear headphones with good bass, however I would not like to hear the person next to me or them hear my music. I am not going to use an amplifier for these, so they need to be good w/out one. I was pointed towards the Logitech UE 6000, which look pretty awesome, but I do not like the active/passive noise cancelling thing. I just need decent noise cancelling from the earpads or something, not a battery-powered treble reducer. when I said noise cancelling I mean good noise cancelling from the physical earmuffs, not an electronic system
Related Forum Threads
- V-Moda M80, V-Moda LP/LP2, V-Moda M100, Beats Pro or Skullcandy MixMaster Last post on 6/3/13 at 6:57am in Headphones (full-size)
- The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") Last post on 8/27/15 at 1:53pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Ultrasone Pro 900 Vs Sony XB 1000 Or Suggestions For Subsonic bass-head cans? Last post on 9/17/13 at 10:34am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best closed headphones to recommend to replace the Beats Solo HDs. Last post on 12/5/12 at 7:11am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/6/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
At the time this review was written the Cayin C5DAC was on sale at Penon Audio for $215.00 USD. Here is a link to their...
Intro When it comes to the world of PC audio, Creative Labs is a brand well known. For nearly 35 years Creative has been an industry leader in digital multimedia technology and innovation....
I have had my AK380 for over a month now and its time to post a review Before I had the AK380 I had an NW-ZX2 for 6 months, an AK240 for nearly two years and the AK120 before that, so yes, I...
I have tried the JBL Synchros line of s300, s500, and s700. As it turns out, the low end model sounds the best to me. These are on ear design, cups are about 3 inches wide. Headband and yokes are...
These are easy to use and pair quickly with your device. The sound quality - lows, mids, and highs are excellent provided a good seal with the ear. Good bluetooth range, battery life, and comfort....
Need Help! (un-amplified bass)
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 111/30/13 at 6:31pm
Ultrasone Pro-900 (MSRP $600 though they usually go for around 300)
All of those are pretty bassy and can be driven from a portable source though the Ultrasones are borderline.
Good luck.post #3 of 111/30/13 at 6:43pmThread Starterpost #4 of 111/30/13 at 6:51pmpost #5 of 111/30/13 at 7:47pmThread Starterpost #6 of 111/30/13 at 7:57pmpost #7 of 111/30/13 at 7:59pm
Just a question why no amp? a portable amp is quite small and it alows you to run a larger variety of headphones on the go. Anyways try the beyerdynamic dt770 pro 80 ohm with a fiio e7 amp, that will run around 300$, if you still dont want an amp try the 32 ohm model.post #8 of 111/30/13 at 8:03pmThread Starterpost #9 of 111/30/13 at 8:07pmThread Starterpost #10 of 111/30/13 at 8:29pm
The dt770's sound decent with great sub bass extension on there own, but with an amp they really shine, enough sub bass for an earthquake. Im listening to zeds dead's dark side dub through them right now with them hooked up to my e7 dac/amp on my computer and there's plenty of bass. An amp will pretty much help any headphone as long as your source and music files are good.
- Need Help! (un-amplified bass)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Head-Fi Meet Downtown Montreal 2015 AUGUST 30TH DATE CONFIRMED 53 seconds ago
- › For 6AS7G tube rollers here ..... 1 minute ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 2 minutes ago
- › Lite DAC60 - PCM1704 R2R tubed DAC Mod Project 3 minutes ago
- › Orthodynamic Roundup 3 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 4 minutes ago
- › vibro veritas, measuring our IEMs like a pro with amateur budget. 4 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 4 minutes ago
- › HyperX Cloud - But what version 6 minutes ago
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Duke - a new high-performance IEM 6 minutes ago
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by Hisoundfi
- › Creative Sound Blaster E3 Headphone Amplifier by Bansaku
- › Astell&Kern AK380 Ultimate High Fidelity Portable Music Player by piercer
- › JBL Synchros S300 Premium On-Ear Stereo Headphones by ourfpshero
- › JBL J46BT Bluetooth Wireless In-Ear Stereo Headphone by Mark231
- › Sony MDR EX1000 by dubbcd
- › Cypher Labs Algorhythm Picollo by dubbcd
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by dubbcd
- › HiFimeDIY Sabre USB DAC 2 (External PSU) by BloodyPenguin
- › KZ ED9 Tunning Nozzles In-Ear Headphones by Reinoud1963
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2