First off, my budget is a Maximum of $300. I am looking for some over-the-ear headphones with good bass, however I would not like to hear the person next to me or them hear my music. I am not going to use an amplifier for these, so they need to be good w/out one. I was pointed towards the Logitech UE 6000, which look pretty awesome, but I do not like the active/passive noise cancelling thing. I just need decent noise cancelling from the earpads or something, not a battery-powered treble reducer. when I said noise cancelling I mean good noise cancelling from the physical earmuffs, not an electronic system
Related Forum Threads
- V-Moda M80, V-Moda LP/LP2, V-Moda M100, Beats Pro or Skullcandy MixMaster Last post on 6/3/13 at 6:57am in Headphones (full-size)
- The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") Last post on Today at 1:37 am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Ultrasone Pro 900 Vs Sony XB 1000 Or Suggestions For Subsonic bass-head cans? Last post on 9/17/13 at 10:34am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best closed headphones to recommend to replace the Beats Solo HDs. Last post on 12/5/12 at 7:11am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 1/3/17
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTIONEvery so often as a reviewer you get a surprise – something not quite expected. Sometimes its...
Hello, This is my first review on Head-Fi, or anywhere else for that matter. I will not go through the normal paces of creating a review based on the set pattern of product history, build and...
The detail, imaging, and sound-staging are accurate and bring your headphones the neutral platform they need in order to perform the way their engineers intended. The DAC is the high point of...
First Impression When I first listened to HD380Pro, I thought that I received a far more expensive headphone. After an hour or so of using them, I still felt that they sound better than...
Greetings Head-fi! In a past long gone, wireless audio was scoffed at for it's spotty connections, bulky modules, and compromised sound quality. Over the years technology has advanced and great...
Need Help! (un-amplified bass)
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 111/30/13 at 6:31pm
Ultrasone Pro-900 (MSRP $600 though they usually go for around 300)
All of those are pretty bassy and can be driven from a portable source though the Ultrasones are borderline.
Good luck.post #3 of 111/30/13 at 6:43pmThread Starterpost #4 of 111/30/13 at 6:51pmpost #5 of 111/30/13 at 7:47pmThread Starterpost #6 of 111/30/13 at 7:57pmpost #7 of 111/30/13 at 7:59pm
Just a question why no amp? a portable amp is quite small and it alows you to run a larger variety of headphones on the go. Anyways try the beyerdynamic dt770 pro 80 ohm with a fiio e7 amp, that will run around 300$, if you still dont want an amp try the 32 ohm model.post #8 of 111/30/13 at 8:03pmThread Starterpost #9 of 111/30/13 at 8:07pmThread Starterpost #10 of 111/30/13 at 8:29pm
The dt770's sound decent with great sub bass extension on there own, but with an amp they really shine, enough sub bass for an earthquake. Im listening to zeds dead's dark side dub through them right now with them hooked up to my e7 dac/amp on my computer and there's plenty of bass. An amp will pretty much help any headphone as long as your source and music files are good.
- Need Help! (un-amplified bass)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Oman《≼TaNtRa((!!))MANTRA≽》+91-9958802839 bLaCk maGiC sPeCiaLisT... 17 seconds ago
- › Three Word Story 59 seconds ago
- › Caffeine addicts anonymous 1 minute ago
- › italy《≼TaNtRa((!!))MANTRA≽》+91-9958802839 bLaCk maGiC sPeCiaLisT... 1 minute ago
- › Recommodation for Custom IEM 1 minute ago
- › New Fostex RP open-backed planar magnetic headphone, TH500RP!... 2 minutes ago
- › New here, looking for headphone advice. 3 minutes ago
- › Android phones and USB DACs 4 minutes ago
- › Amritsar《≼TaNtRa((!!))MANTRA≽》+91-9958802839 bLaCk maGiC sPeCiaLisT... 4 minutes ago
- › B&O Beoplay H4 announced 4 minutes ago
- › Fiio F1 Dynamic In-ear Monitors by Brooko
- › ENIGMAcoustics Dharma D1000 by geoffalter11
- › Emotiva Stealth DC-1 | Balanced 24/192 Fully Differential DAC by audiobean
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by Dobrescu George
- › ADV.Sound EVO X by B9Scrambler
- › HiLisening MaGaosi Newest High end Detachable Design K3 In-Ear HiFi... by TwinACStacks
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by SOULSIK
- › Brainwavz B200 by earfonia
- › iBasso Audio DX200 Reference DAP by H20Fidelity
- › Focal Utopia by Aornic
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear