First off, my budget is a Maximum of $300. I am looking for some over-the-ear headphones with good bass, however I would not like to hear the person next to me or them hear my music. I am not going to use an amplifier for these, so they need to be good w/out one. I was pointed towards the Logitech UE 6000, which look pretty awesome, but I do not like the active/passive noise cancelling thing. I just need decent noise cancelling from the earpads or something, not a battery-powered treble reducer. when I said noise cancelling I mean good noise cancelling from the physical earmuffs, not an electronic system
Related Forum Threads
- V-Moda M80, V-Moda LP/LP2, V-Moda M100, Beats Pro or Skullcandy MixMaster Last post on 6/3/13 at 6:57am in Headphones (full-size)
- The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") Last post on 7/24/16 at 8:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Ultrasone Pro 900 Vs Sony XB 1000 Or Suggestions For Subsonic bass-head cans? Last post on 9/17/13 at 10:34am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best closed headphones to recommend to replace the Beats Solo HDs. Last post on 12/5/12 at 7:11am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
The ONKYO A800 is a very impressive headphone indeed, and I believe it has the potential to really earn a following among headphone enthusiasts. To be sure, we are in an unprecedented...
Last year I was so excited buying the Walkman Zx2 and Z7 from Sony, and I was gradually enjoying the better of real quality audio when I am stepping back into the portable world. I feel that now...
First off, thanks to Pandora from Brainwavz for reaching out and offering the opportunity to look at the "Jive". Secondly, I noticed a trend that I'm giving 4 stars to everything I've reviewed...
Background It’s safe to say that Massdrop has played a decent role in both introducing new products to the headphone community while highlighting others through their group-purchase...
Introduction – The original d900 from Syllable made quite a splash when it first arrived on the market. It was one of the very first fully wireless earphones ever produced. Furthermore, it was...
Need Help! (un-amplified bass)
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 111/30/13 at 6:31pm
Ultrasone Pro-900 (MSRP $600 though they usually go for around 300)
All of those are pretty bassy and can be driven from a portable source though the Ultrasones are borderline.
Good luck.post #3 of 111/30/13 at 6:43pmThread Starterpost #4 of 111/30/13 at 6:51pmpost #5 of 111/30/13 at 7:47pmThread Starterpost #6 of 111/30/13 at 7:57pmpost #7 of 111/30/13 at 7:59pm
Just a question why no amp? a portable amp is quite small and it alows you to run a larger variety of headphones on the go. Anyways try the beyerdynamic dt770 pro 80 ohm with a fiio e7 amp, that will run around 300$, if you still dont want an amp try the 32 ohm model.post #8 of 111/30/13 at 8:03pmThread Starterpost #9 of 111/30/13 at 8:07pmThread Starterpost #10 of 111/30/13 at 8:29pm
The dt770's sound decent with great sub bass extension on there own, but with an amp they really shine, enough sub bass for an earthquake. Im listening to zeds dead's dark side dub through them right now with them hooked up to my e7 dac/amp on my computer and there's plenty of bass. An amp will pretty much help any headphone as long as your source and music files are good.
- Need Help! (un-amplified bass)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Questyle QP1 12 seconds ago
- › Caffeine addicts anonymous 1 minute ago
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...New thread. 1 minute ago
- › Rising cost of "audiophile" equipment and importance of bias/blind... 1 minute ago
- › Dynahi w/ Sigma 22 3 minutes ago
- › Hifiman Edition S - NEW Closed Portable 5 minutes ago
- › Oriolus Hybrid IEM 5 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 5 minutes ago
- › Audio Technica updates their open headphones "AD" Series: AD2000x,... 6 minutes ago
- › Orthodynamic Roundup 7 minutes ago
- › ONKYO A800 50mm Open Back Headphone by Sonic Defender
- › Sony PHA-3 Headphone Amp by Whitigir
- › Brainwavz Jive by Feilong4
- › AKG K7XX by Aornic
- › SYLLABLE D900S Mini Wireless Bluetooth Earphone Waterproof... by ryanjsoo
- › FiiO E12A Mont Blanc Portable Headphone Amplifier for IEM Special... by Tayyab Pirzada
- › FiiO M3 - Digital Portable Music Player by Levistras
- › iBasso Audio D14 "Bushmaster" by Hisoundfi
- › XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player by David Thomson
- › Audio-Technica ATH-A900LTD by Heepaholic
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...