First off, my budget is a Maximum of $300. I am looking for some over-the-ear headphones with good bass, however I would not like to hear the person next to me or them hear my music. I am not going to use an amplifier for these, so they need to be good w/out one. I was pointed towards the Logitech UE 6000, which look pretty awesome, but I do not like the active/passive noise cancelling thing. I just need decent noise cancelling from the earpads or something, not a battery-powered treble reducer. when I said noise cancelling I mean good noise cancelling from the physical earmuffs, not an electronic system
Related Forum Threads
- V-Moda M80, V-Moda LP/LP2, V-Moda M100, Beats Pro or Skullcandy MixMaster Last post on 6/3/13 at 6:57am in Headphones (full-size)
- The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") Last post on Today at 6:27 am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Ultrasone Pro 900 Vs Sony XB 1000 Or Suggestions For Subsonic bass-head cans? Last post on 9/17/13 at 10:34am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best closed headphones to recommend to replace the Beats Solo HDs. Last post on 12/5/12 at 7:11am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
The iFi Audio Micro iDSD was sent to me by iFi with help from their Norwegian distributor Audioaktøren for the purpose of doing this review and including it in my recently started $250+ amp/DAC...
This is pretty much the same weightless, rickety, tiny player apparently offered by Kogan, oRiver, Ritmix, etc. It comes decently boxed with a soft pouch, USB cable, and nice looking (if...
Aune M2 Pro Review Intro : Since the past few years I had kept myself away from trying out any new DAPs or audio gear since I was pretty satisfied with my Fiio X5 (1st gen) and Sansa Clip...
The product was provided to me free of charge for the review purpose in exchange for my honest opinion. The review was originally posted on my blog, and now I would like to share it with all my...
Some "Provenance" to the Brand Name: Ocharaku is a "tea themed" company based in Japan. Focusing on Dynamic Driver IEM's, Ocharaku pushes the envelope when it comes to breaking the negative...
Need Help! (un-amplified bass)
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 111/30/13 at 6:31pm
Ultrasone Pro-900 (MSRP $600 though they usually go for around 300)
All of those are pretty bassy and can be driven from a portable source though the Ultrasones are borderline.
Good luck.post #3 of 111/30/13 at 6:43pmThread Starterpost #4 of 111/30/13 at 6:51pmpost #5 of 111/30/13 at 7:47pmThread Starterpost #6 of 111/30/13 at 7:57pmpost #7 of 111/30/13 at 7:59pm
Just a question why no amp? a portable amp is quite small and it alows you to run a larger variety of headphones on the go. Anyways try the beyerdynamic dt770 pro 80 ohm with a fiio e7 amp, that will run around 300$, if you still dont want an amp try the 32 ohm model.post #8 of 111/30/13 at 8:03pmThread Starterpost #9 of 111/30/13 at 8:07pmThread Starterpost #10 of 111/30/13 at 8:29pm
The dt770's sound decent with great sub bass extension on there own, but with an amp they really shine, enough sub bass for an earthquake. Im listening to zeds dead's dark side dub through them right now with them hooked up to my e7 dac/amp on my computer and there's plenty of bass. An amp will pretty much help any headphone as long as your source and music files are good.
- Need Help! (un-amplified bass)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 54 seconds ago
- › The IBASSO dzero mk3 thread 1 minute ago
- › For sale: Practically new Schiit JOTUNHEIM ... a great machine with... 2 minutes ago
- › Music City Meet, Volume 5 -- Spring 2016 -- Pictures & Impressions... 2 minutes ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 3 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 4 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 4 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 5 minutes ago
- › Matrix Mini-i 6 minutes ago
- › Upgrading Soundcard/getting an DAC/Amp 7 minutes ago
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by peter123
- › Basic M90 by Lad3
- › Aune M2 32BIT DSD portable music player by Faheem
- › Westone MMCX Bluetooth Cable, 78548 by twister6
- › Ocharaku Co-Donguri IEM by kevingzw
- › Fischer Audio Totem Paco by crabdog
- › Mixcder ShareMe Wireless Bluetooth Headphones,Built in Mic for... by iancraig10
- › Mixcder ANC-G5 Active Noise Cancelling Hi-Fi In-ear Headphones,... by pkshiu
- › Superlux HD-668 B by HiFiChris
- › Meze 99 Classics by HansBarbarossa
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...