I know that headphones can get very expensive, but my question is: for you personally, what is the best budget for a set of headphones? What i mean by that is how much do you have to spend to get the best value. i hope this is making sense. for example. I asked a question about expensive iem's earlier this month and in response someone gave me this. It makes sense! but the question i am asking is what price range is best in terms of value? I hope this makes sense!
Related Forum Threads
- fidelio x2 vs grado r2i vs he400 vs others(hd650,hd600,t700) HELP!!!! Last post on 4/17/15 at 5:06am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphones for around $500 for Jazz Last post on 5/1/14 at 11:22am in Headphones (full-size)
- Alternative to the HE400 Last post on 4/27/14 at 4:24pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Dear Head-Fi, I need help choosing my first pair of high quality headphones. Last post on 10/1/13 at 9:46am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need recommendations for AMP + Headphone combination Last post on 9/29/13 at 6:40am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Question about Budgets
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Yea, i kinda want a pair of hd650's or maybe some hd598's. just dont have the money right now. haha. thanks for the info!
Edited by bcd127 - 1/30/13 at 6:45pm
In terms of the best value for money: one model lower than the best a company has to offer. Top models always have a big markup.
In terms of absolute money, I agree with others. $3-400 is good enough.
Yeah, the jump from nothing/$10 headphones to the $300-400 range is infinitely more noticeable/drastic/worth your money than the jump from $300-400 to $700-$2000-onward.
- Question about Budgets
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Dunu TITAN 1 -- Titanium-Coated Diaphragm "Half In-Ear" Earphones 9 seconds ago
- › What's Your Alcoholic Drink of Choice? // Drink Discussion 29 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 2 minutes ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 2 minutes ago
- › ZMF x Vibro & ZMF Blackwood Discussion Thread. 2 minutes ago
- › AK 240 Stainless Steel Edition is The Best AK 240 Ever Made like... 2 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 2 minutes ago
- › New Audio-gd DAC-19 [10th Anniversary Edition] 3 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › Changing gain for Beta22 3 minutes ago
- › Bakoon HPA-01 by Currawong
- › Pioneer SE-CX8-T Headphone, Bright Copper by Luckbad
- › Sennheiser HD 239 Headphones Black by rigodeni
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by twister6
- › Signature Acoustics O16 Live by kova4a
- › Sennheiser HD 428 Headphones by rensin
- › JVC HAF14B - Gumy Earbud Headphones by LuigiSound
- › Grado SR80i Headphones by Pirakaphile
- › MEElectronics M-Duo by Luckbad
- › Fostex TH600 Dynamic Headphones by ilovesocks
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2