I know that headphones can get very expensive, but my question is: for you personally, what is the best budget for a set of headphones? What i mean by that is how much do you have to spend to get the best value. i hope this is making sense. for example. I asked a question about expensive iem's earlier this month and in response someone gave me this. It makes sense! but the question i am asking is what price range is best in terms of value? I hope this makes sense!
Related Forum Threads
- fidelio x2 vs grado r2i vs he400 vs others(hd650,hd600,t700) HELP!!!! Last post on 2/10/15 at 12:27pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphones for around $500 for Jazz Last post on 5/1/14 at 11:22am in Headphones (full-size)
- Alternative to the HE400 Last post on 4/27/14 at 4:24pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Dear Head-Fi, I need help choosing my first pair of high quality headphones. Last post on 10/1/13 at 9:46am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need recommendations for AMP + Headphone combination Last post on 9/29/13 at 6:40am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
VentureCraft are a Japanese company well known for their portable headphone amplifiers and amp/DAC combo units. Today, I will be taking a look at their latest offering in this category: the...
This is a quick unboxing and review of the player. More detailed review coming soon.
Hi all, I will prepare a proper review when I have some time and am not working. In short however, these are superior to any IEM I have personally used for my tastes. I listen to a vast...
Disclaimer: I was given the MEElectronics M9 Classic in return for a review. The opinions expressed in this review are 100% my own, and were not influenced by MEElectronics in any way. Before I...
AK120II and Pono player combined review
Question about Budgets
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Yea, i kinda want a pair of hd650's or maybe some hd598's. just dont have the money right now. haha. thanks for the info!
Edited by bcd127 - 1/30/13 at 6:45pm
In terms of the best value for money: one model lower than the best a company has to offer. Top models always have a big markup.
In terms of absolute money, I agree with others. $3-400 is good enough.
Yeah, the jump from nothing/$10 headphones to the $300-400 range is infinitely more noticeable/drastic/worth your money than the jump from $300-400 to $700-$2000-onward.
- Question about Budgets
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › WOO-HOOOO... WA7 "fireflies"!!! 1 second ago
- › Looking for a bedroom audio system 6 seconds ago
- › Sony PCM M10 as portable player? 53 seconds ago
- › JVC HA-SZ2000/1000 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › usb to rca or coaxial 1 minute ago
- › Marantz HD-DAC1 2 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio WA7TP (tube power supply) Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X3 Second Generation (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 3 minutes ago
- › Best Smartphone for audiophile 3 minutes ago
- › AK 240 Stainless Steel Edition is The Best AK 240 Ever Made like... 3 minutes ago
- › VentureCraft SounDroid Vantam by fonzler
- › Sony Walkman Nw-zx2 128gb Mp3 Player Hi-res by piksnz
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Wyd4
- › MEElectronics M9 Classic Hi-Fi Noise-Isolating In-Ear Headphones by DisCHORDDubstep
- › PonoMusic PonoPlayer by piksnz
- › EarTech Music Dual Driver Custom Molded In Ear Musician Monitors... by acain
- › PSB M4U 1 by prez
- › 1 More Design Piston Crystal by banjoanton
- › Schiit Magni 2 by Willy 2 Streams
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by tomscy2000
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3