or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › Formula 1-fi (Read the First Post!)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Formula 1-fi (Read the First Post!) - Page 64

post #946 of 3108

 

Senna's grave attracts more visitors than John F Kennedy, Marilyn Monroe and Elvis Presley combined. 

post #947 of 3108
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eee Pee View Post
 

I'm consistently impressed by Alonso.  More than anyone else out there lately.

 

Yeah Alonso seems to me to be the best driver bar none. I think it has been that way for the past three or four years.

 

If he wasn't stuck driving a crappy Ferrari i think he would have won more titles.

post #948 of 3108
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauntere View Post
 

 

Yeah Alonso seems to me to be the best driver bar none. I think it has been that way for the past three or four years.

 

If he wasn't stuck driving a crappy Ferrari i think he would have won more titles.

 

He almost won his 3rd 2 years ago but lost to Vettel at the last race of the season.

post #949 of 3108
Quote:
Originally Posted by wuwhere View Post
 

 

He almost won his 3rd 2 years ago but lost to Vettel at the last race of the season.

 

Brazil 2012 was probably the most intense GP of 2012 IMO

post #950 of 3108

Yes Alonso totally failed under pressure in it.

post #951 of 3108

According to 'F1 Pit Lane Talk', "Leo Turrini, the renowned Italian journalist reported that Ross Brawn was in Maranello yesterday, and met with Marco Mattiacci."

 

Holy Schiit...

post #952 of 3108
I'm surprised it took this long to get Ross out of whatever trout stream he was standing in and over to Italy.
post #953 of 3108
7v7u9R0.jpg
post #954 of 3108
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eee Pee View Post

 

Nice ad, even though the sub 2s 0 to 60 times seems highly improbable...

post #955 of 3108

From what I gathered Speedway bikes are the fastest from 0-60.

post #956 of 3108
Quote:
Originally Posted by oqvist View Post
 

From what I gathered Speedway bikes are the fastest from 0-60.

 

Is it not top fuel dragster?

post #957 of 3108
Quote:
Originally Posted by oqvist View Post

From what I gathered Speedway bikes are the fastest from 0-60.

Speedway bikes !? I thought that they could reach 60mph, not that they were fast at doing so.

Top fuel dragsters can, according to their wiki page, go from 0 to 100mph in less than 1 second !! eek.gif
post #958 of 3108
Quote:
Originally Posted by customcoco View Post


Speedway bikes !? I thought that they could reach 60mph, not that they were fast at doing so.

Top fuel dragsters can, according to their wiki page, go from 0 to 100mph in less than 1 second !! eek.gif

 

A 45,000 pound F/A 18 fighter jet can do 0 to 165mph in 2 seconds from an aircraft carrier!!! :basshead:

post #959 of 3108
False alarm.

Leo Turrini speculates that Brawn was in Maranello because:

- he picked up some boxes of bananas from a grocer who he frequented regularly between 1997 and 2006;
- he had an unsettled bill at Pancani’s gas station which he had decided to settle;
- he was in town to hand pick and buy a brand new Ferrari with all the millions he has earned;
- or possibly something to do with some bloke called Mattiacci.


(Head-fi doesn't seem to be embedding URLs properly on my browser so - http://grandprix247.com/2014/05/06/brawn-spotted-in-maranello/ )
post #960 of 3108
If I were to hook you up to a catapult (forget about the steam) you too would do 165 mph in a little under 2 seconds flat!!!!! LOL!!!!!

Bonus Round: That "crack" you hear from a whip is actually the tail end breaking the sound barrier - an actual mini sonic boom if you will... Ask Indiana Jones....


- Peace....
Edited by Herueyes - 5/6/14 at 8:57pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › Formula 1-fi (Read the First Post!)