Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › Formula 1-fi (Read the First Post!)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Formula 1-fi (Read the First Post!) - Page 51

post #751 of 1385

This must be hard if you're a Red Bull fan :cool:

 

... Or a Lotus fan.

... Or just not a Mercedes fan.

 

I'm actually a little bit disappointed, because what I wanted to see was Vettel given a true test by top drivers in equal or slightly superior machinery - if he's stuck in the midfield it doesn't prove a darned thing, because the greatest driver to live couldn't win the championship with a midfield car.

 

On the other hand, as a McLaren supporter I see them having a real shot at the championship - although it won't be easy. Their driver lineup isn't any better (unless Magnussen is a driving god) and they'll really need to work to make the car better. Although it does seem to possibly be more reliable as of yet, and if they can finish second to Mercedes on the races were both finish and first when the Merc breaks down they could definitely still win.

 

And of course you can't really count Ferrari out either - I am not one of those who assumes they've shown their real pace yet.

post #752 of 1385
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exediron View Post
 

This must be hard if you're a Red Bull fan :cool:

 

... Or a Lotus fan.

... Or just not a Mercedes fan.

 

I'm actually a little bit disappointed, because what I wanted to see was Vettel given a true test by top drivers in equal or slightly superior machinery - if he's stuck in the midfield it doesn't prove a darned thing, because the greatest driver to live couldn't win the championship with a midfield car.

 

On the other hand, as a McLaren supporter I see them having a real shot at the championship - although it won't be easy. Their driver lineup isn't any better (unless Magnussen is a driving god) and they'll really need to work to make the car better. Although it does seem to possibly be more reliable as of yet, and if they can finish second to Mercedes on the races were both finish and first when the Merc breaks down they could definitely still win.

 

And of course you can't really count Ferrari out either - I am not one of those who assumes they've shown their real pace yet.

 

Same here, it seems that McLaren may be a real contender for 2014. I like Red Bull, in fact I may consider myself a fan, but I am a heavy fan of McLaren.

post #753 of 1385
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exediron View Post
 

And of course you can't really count Ferrari out either - I am not one of those who assumes they've shown their real pace yet.

 

Kimi Raikkonen for F1 WDC 2014!

 

 

:D

post #754 of 1385

It didn't feel quite so optimistic when I added it, but I stick by my guns!

 

In my ideal world Kimi wins the WDC but McLaren outscores Ferrari to get the WCC. That isn't going to happen though - if Kimi is WDC, that means Ferrari is 99% certain to be WCC as well.

 

I also support Kevin Magnussen, but not to the extent of believing he can be WDC in his debut year. Besides, he's young - Raikkonen only has a few years left to do it in.


Edited by Exediron - 2/27/14 at 5:51pm
post #755 of 1385

The first race will reveal everything.

post #756 of 1385

Lets hope all cars break down beside Marcus Ericssons Caterham. Somehow it feels like a likely scenario that at least more then 50 % of the cars will break down totally or partly with different issues.

post #757 of 1385
Quote:
Originally Posted by oqvist View Post
 

Lets hope all cars break down beside Marcus Ericssons Caterham. Somehow it feels like a likely scenario that at least more then 50 % of the cars will break down totally or partly with different issues.

 

I hope every single front runners' car breaks down, leaving only the smaller team. That, would be a proper comedy.

post #758 of 1385
Quote:
Originally Posted by 62ohm View Post
 

 

I hope every single front runners' car breaks down, leaving only the smaller team. That, would be a proper comedy.

For obvious reasons it will most likely be exact the other way though. Hopefully it will be totally unpredictable :)

post #759 of 1385

Well, I haven't seen any unexpected turn of events in a long time. I'm hoping that some underdog team suddenly comes up and surprises the heck out of everyone else.

post #760 of 1385
I really hope Grosjean would win a race (or maybe some races) in this season.
post #761 of 1385
Quote:
Originally Posted by proton007 View Post

Well, I haven't seen any unexpected turn of events in a long time. I'm hoping that some underdog team suddenly comes up and surprises the heck out of everyone else.

How about a Williams posting the fastest pre-season time in Bahrain thus far - with a single day left to go?
post #762 of 1385

Unofficial Saturday test times from Bahrain
1. Felipe Massa, Williams, 1m 33.258s, 99 laps
2. Nico Rosberg, Mercedes, 1m 33.484s, 103 laps
3. Kimi Raikkonen, Ferrari, 1m 35.426s, 87 laps
4. Kevin Magnussen, McLaren, 1m 35.894s, 88 laps
5. Daniil Kvyat, Toro Rosso, 1m 36.113s, 81 laps
6. Nico Hulkenberg, Force India, 1m 36.205s, 115 laps
7. Jules Bianchi, Marussia, 1m 37.087s, 78 laps
8. Marcus Ericsson, Caterham, 1m 38.083s, 117 laps
9. Romain Grosjean, Lotus, 1m 42.166s, 33 laps
10. Adrian Sutil, Sauber, No time, 1 lap
11. Sebastian Vettel Red Bull, No time, 0 laps 

 

 

 

Two second difference between 2 and 3.

post #763 of 1385
Would be nice to see Williams challenging for the championship again. That said, I like none of the current Williams driver though.
post #764 of 1385
Quote:
Originally Posted by 62ohm View Post
 


No love for Felipe?

post #765 of 1385
Quote:
Originally Posted by customcoco View Post
 


No love for Felipe?

 

Not really, I'm not much of a Felipe fan.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › Formula 1-fi (Read the First Post!)