Formula 1-fi (Read the First Post!) - Page 28
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Looking forward to it; I'll be watching and hoping to see some real (dry) running tomorrow, otherwise the race is going to be very exciting and not just a bit unpredictable. Kimi's got a good chance here, so I'm rooting for him to close the gap a bit; if the fabled passive DRS actually works for once, this would be a pretty strong circuit for it, so we'll see how that plays out. He's got the best record here, but when all is said and done records don't count for much.
Just to get the predictions going, I'll toss out a predicted grid lineup - assuming no penalties, because I'm not just going to make those up (let's see how wrong I can be!):
- Lewis Hamilton (toss-up between him and Rosberg, but I'll give it to Lewis)
- Nico Rosberg
- Sebastian Vettel
- Kimi Raikkonen
- Fernando Alonso
- Romain Grosjean
- Mark Webber (assuming his car doesn't glitch out of Q3 entirely...)
- Jenson Button (if McLaren have managed to scrape some more improvements together)
- Daniel Ricciardo
- Felipe Massa
- Sergio Perez
- Nico Hulkenberg
- Jean-Eric Vergne (unless he's found more qualifying pace than we've so-far seen)
- Adrian Sutil
- Paul di Resta (possibly including some variety of glitch or team mistake)
- Valtteri Bottas
- Pastor Maldonado
- Esteban Gutiérrez
- Charles Pic
- Giedo van der Garde
- Jules Bianchi
- Max Chilton (easy shot, I know, but probably true)
- 85 Posts. Joined 11/2012
- Location: London
- Select All Posts By This User
Not sure as to the spoiler'd post - I wasn't watching them much.
Now, my own spoiler... (Click to show)
Well, that wasn't at all boring, that's for sure. I got the polesitter right even if not much of the rest, though honestly this season guessing Lewis Hamilton for pole is a pretty safe bet. I'm not thinking he'll convert it into a win however.
Bit of a shame from the point of view of a Raikkonen fan - if he'd made it across the line in time for a final timed lap I think he would have been top 3, maybe even pole on the basis of his Q2 lap. Still, the pace he showed makes him look like a good chance in the race, so I'm still hoping to see a good Lotus finish tomorrow.
Also good showing from McLaren - Button looked really competitive here for the first time this year, and if it rains today (it probably won't, just to keep us on our toes) I think he's in with a real shot at that podium he was talking about.
Also, I got 2 out of 22 positions right!
Podium prediction for later... (Click to show)
- Kimi Raikkonen - probably on strategy, but he was looking really strong here
- Sebastian Vettel - if he's not ahead of Lewis by the end of the first lap Hamilton might have a chance, but I'm expecting a super-aggressive start
- Lewis Hamilton - unless he can hold onto the lead and run in clear air, I don't think he can last long enough
Of course those are probably going to end up being totally wrong, too. That's one of the good things about Spa, I suppose.