Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › Formula 1-fi (Read the First Post!)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Formula 1-fi (Read the First Post!) - Page 75

post #1111 of 1502

I am mostly impressed by Kimi Räikkonens avoiding action on Rosbergs torpedo run. Anybody else then Räikkonen and that hadn´t worked out :)

post #1112 of 1502

Can somebody tell me why they didn't put Ham on the faster Tire?? Didn't he have all sets available due to his non quali

 

appearance? (Wasn't Nico on a used set at the very end??) HAM could've, should've, would've "Blitz" the entire field...

 

Mach Schnell!!!!!

 

 

Peace....:L3000:

post #1113 of 1502

They tried to do one less pit stop for Hamilton. His hards was shot by the end anyway. If it would be better to push more and do another stop dunno but overall Hamilton must be very pleased with the Safety car and how the strategy worked out for him :)

post #1114 of 1502
I have a suggestion regarding the team principles' meeting about spicing up the racing - JUST WATCH THE F'ING RACES!

No more taxi driving comments for the rest of the year please.
post #1115 of 1502
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pudu View Post

JUST WATCH THE F'ING RACES!

 

That won't work.  Doesn't cost enough.  

post #1116 of 1502

Considering how highly rated this season is by the viewers (the rich ones and the pirates, of course - nobody else watches anymore :D) it is astonishing that they're spending so much time talking about 'improving the show'. The show is great, people! Of course, Luca was never going to complain about this one, not with Fernando almost winning...

 

Anyway, good note to enter the break on. Best race of the season so far, arguably - much better than last year where we spent more time talking about the most boring race of the season than the best. And we look set for at least as good of a second half; the championship is sure to go to the last race and might even involve three contenders if Ricciardo keeps up like this, plenty of great teammate battles going on (and Kimi looking like maybe he's back after the last two races, so maybe we'll actually get to see some action at Ferrari) and of course for some of us the most satisfying thing of all is seeing Vettel shown how to drive by the new kid. What did Fernando say about his four titles before this season got under way? :rolleyes:

post #1117 of 1502

Seriously if they want to improve the show they should add sprinklers like on golf courses so they can get wet conditions in every single race. Just make the races so much more strategic and hard to follow. To avoid conspiracy theories (impossible I know) let a computer decide the weather based on some clever calculations. 

 

To make it even more public friendly let the viewers vote about rain. Then we will see drivers work even more to put up a good show just like the gladiators they are so they can get favors. Everytime Vettel gets in the lead rain ;)

post #1118 of 1502
Quote:
Originally Posted by oqvist View Post
 

Seriously if they want to improve the show they should add sprinklers like on golf courses so they can get wet conditions in every single race. Just make the races so much more strategic and hard to follow. To avoid conspiracy theories (impossible I know) let a computer decide the weather based on some clever calculations. 

 

To make it even more public friendly let the viewers vote about rain. Then we will see drivers work even more to put up a good show just like the gladiators they are so they can get favors. Everytime Vettel gets in the lead rain ;)


Bernie actually contemplated having sprinkers on the tracks. Hell go for it all, get a snow machine happening and freon coils under the track too. Lets see these lazy playboys actually work for their millions of dollars:)

post #1119 of 1502

Google: "Silverstone on ice", maybe they should add it to the current calendar :D

post #1120 of 1502
Quote:
Originally Posted by 62ohm View Post
 

Google: "Silverstone on ice", maybe they should add it to the current calendar :D

post #1121 of 1502
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eee Pee View Post

That won't work.  Doesn't cost enough.  

biggrin.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exediron View Post

... the most satisfying thing of all is seeing Vettel shown how to drive by the new kid...

biggrin.gif
post #1122 of 1502

I really do hope for Nico to win the title. Would it be the first time in history a father and son won the title if Nico wins?

post #1123 of 1502
Quote:
Originally Posted by 62ohm View Post
 

I really do hope for Nico to win the title. Would it be the first time in history a father and son won the title if Nico wins?


Graham Hill and Damon Hill got there first I'm afraid.

 

 

 

I'm pulling for Lew, even though I'm not a big fan.

 

If this season went down on pure merit and lionheartedness, It would be Ricciardo or Alonso for the title. The Aussie has the nerves and talent of a fighter pilot. The Spaniard the ability to take a car that should be melted down for scap and keep it in the points.

post #1124 of 1502
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hutnicks View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 62ohm View Post
 

I really do hope for Nico to win the title. Would it be the first time in history a father and son won the title if Nico wins?


Graham Hill and Damon Hill got there first I'm afraid.

 

 

 

I'm pulling for Lew, even though I'm not a big fan.

 

If this season went down on pure merit and lionheartedness, It would be Ricciardo or Alonso for the title. The Aussie has the nerves and talent of a fighter pilot. The Spaniard the ability to take a car that should be melted down for scap and keep it in the points.

 

Didn't know Damon Hill's old man won a title, that's quite a surprise for me.

 

And can't agree more regarding Ricciardo and Alonso. I'm not a fan of Alonso, it's quite the contrast from that. I hated Alonso, but I must admit his ability to take a car to its absolute limit is mind blowing. The 2012 Ferrari (and also 2014, for that matter) does not deserve to be called a 'Ferrari'.

post #1125 of 1502
Quote:
Originally Posted by 62ohm View Post
 

 

Didn't know Damon Hill's old man won a title, that's quite a surprise for me.

 

And can't agree more regarding Ricciardo and Alonso. I'm not a fan of Alonso, it's quite the contrast from that. I hated Alonso, but I must admit his ability to take a car to its absolute limit is mind blowing. The 2012 Ferrari (and also 2014, for that matter) does not deserve to be called a 'Ferrari'.


Graham won the WDC  twice. He also won Indy and LeMans. He was one of the last great "classic" racers. A private aircraft (which he was piloting) crash took his life way too soon.

 

 

Yes Ferrari needs to make the Fiat logo a little larger on this years car.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › Formula 1-fi (Read the First Post!)