- 4 Posts. Joined 1/2013
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Help Finding Great Headphones for Home Theatre Use Last post on 1/23/13 at 10:22pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for a pair of headphones (Budget ~$350) Last post on 1/11/13 at 9:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best closed Headphones within $300- $450 Last post on 5/9/13 at 11:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone advice Last post on 12/19/12 at 5:54pm in Headphones (full-size)
- List some headphones upto 500$ which dont require amp Last post on 12/26/12 at 8:11pm in Headphones (full-size)
Everybody knows Sennheiser. They are doing great job at delivering good sound for all prices. I am doing this review with price factor in thought. First of all it is suprisingly detailed sounding...
Wow. There doesn’t seem to be a more appropriate way to word the beginning of this review, than to simply express my genuine surprise, and indeed – to a certain extent – admiration of the UMi Voix...
I bought the Q Audio French Silk balanced cable for my Audeze LCD-3's mainly because of the ergonomics and cool design/look over the stock cables. When running balanced, I doubted I would hear much...
I got a pair of these new on Amazon about a month and a half ago. I thought they sounded great for a pair of closed on-ears, and were pretty decently comfortable to the point that listening to...
At the time of the review, the Audioquest Nighthawk headphone was on sale at TTJV Audio’s website. Here is a link to Todd’s listing of the...
Closed back headphones help
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Hi, new here. I'm looking for a set of closed back headphones for personal listening. I listen to a wide range of stuff from classical, to blues, and electronic music. Looking for something that has good clarity but also smooth highs. Not going to use them for any studio mixing etc. but more or less just for personal listening while traveling. Been using in-ear types for a while, but want something with a larger sized drivers. Budget is around $500. What would you recommend? Thanks in advance.
Mr Speaker Mad Dog with SR007 Stax Pads.
Or look into:
Denon D5000 (discontinued; maybe you can find them)
Ultrasone PRO 750
Beyer DT770 (premium; not pro; discontinued but maybe you can find them)
And tweak treble where needed.
As Mal mentioned, the Mad Dogs are one of my current favorites for just $300 I think it rivals a LOT of lower/higher priced headphones!
You could also look into the other variant of modded Fostex T50RP, the Paradox.
The Shure SRH940s were my favorites for quite a while, but keep in mind that they don't have a lot of bass presence, hence not as "neutral-ish" as the previous two headphones mentioned. (but it does have awesome mids).
My current favorites, Ultrasone Signature Pro, are great also. You could probably find them for $800 or so if you look real hard! (it's harder now that RMC Audio seems is not selling them anymore! :-( )
Smeggy Thunderpants are my favorite closed-back headphones, and I've tried a bunch from almost all manufacturers in the sub-$500 range.
- Closed back headphones help
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › MICROZOTL2 Tube Headphone Amp and preamp: a breakthrough device 9 seconds ago
- › FIDUE A83 impressions and discussion thread 14 seconds ago
- › Bicycle-Fi! 18 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 34 seconds ago
- › AKG K3003 High End 3 Way System Headphone 44 seconds ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 47 seconds ago
- › Denon AH-D1001 or D2000: Decisions... 52 seconds ago
- › CUSTOMART AU/NZ CIEM Demo Lineup Tour 1 minute ago
- › Looking for ~$60 headphones for home use on a PC without a... 1 minute ago
- › SONY NWZ-A10 Series 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser - Sennheiser CX 200 Street II by Gonomon
- › UMI Voix Blu by Rashmosh
- › Q Cables by Mediahound
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by goodyfresh
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by Hisoundfi
- › Apogee GROOVE Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier for Mac and PC by acain
- › Noble Audio Savant by Brooko
- › Bose® Computer MusicMonitor® -- Silver by labrat
- › Harman Kardon AE1 In Ear Headphones by Army-Firedawg
- › RHA T20 by dweaver
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3