- 4 Posts. Joined 1/2013
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Help Finding Great Headphones for Home Theatre Use Last post on 1/23/13 at 10:22pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for a pair of headphones (Budget ~$350) Last post on 1/11/13 at 9:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best closed Headphones within $300- $450 Last post on 5/9/13 at 11:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone advice Last post on 12/19/12 at 5:54pm in Headphones (full-size)
- List some headphones upto 500$ which dont require amp Last post on 12/26/12 at 8:11pm in Headphones (full-size)
I had only tried IEM's bought at local stores until I got these, and they were a huge upgrade. In fact, I would argue these are the best set you could have bought at the time for the price. They...
Got this as a gift from the girlfriend, sadly it is WAY too powerful for nearfield and will be selling it for a much less powerful model. Quality issues with a slightly sticky pot which went away...
For larger (1200 x 800) images - simply click the photo INTRODUCTION I don’t think there would be many people of my vintage who are into computer audio, and haven’t heard of Creative Labs. My...
q-Jays - Purity and Elegance ^ 2 https://www.jays.se/products/q-jays/ I received q-Jays as a loan in the tour on the Danish head-fi community forum www.hoved-fi.dk Courtesy of Claus....
[Originally reviewed at Basshead.Club] How do they do it? Brainwavz continues to impress with its budget-friendly new Jive IEM for Android and iOS devices. Brainwavz Jive In the...
Closed back headphones help
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Hi, new here. I'm looking for a set of closed back headphones for personal listening. I listen to a wide range of stuff from classical, to blues, and electronic music. Looking for something that has good clarity but also smooth highs. Not going to use them for any studio mixing etc. but more or less just for personal listening while traveling. Been using in-ear types for a while, but want something with a larger sized drivers. Budget is around $500. What would you recommend? Thanks in advance.
Mr Speaker Mad Dog with SR007 Stax Pads.
Or look into:
Denon D5000 (discontinued; maybe you can find them)
Ultrasone PRO 750
Beyer DT770 (premium; not pro; discontinued but maybe you can find them)
And tweak treble where needed.
As Mal mentioned, the Mad Dogs are one of my current favorites for just $300 I think it rivals a LOT of lower/higher priced headphones!
You could also look into the other variant of modded Fostex T50RP, the Paradox.
The Shure SRH940s were my favorites for quite a while, but keep in mind that they don't have a lot of bass presence, hence not as "neutral-ish" as the previous two headphones mentioned. (but it does have awesome mids).
My current favorites, Ultrasone Signature Pro, are great also. You could probably find them for $800 or so if you look real hard! (it's harder now that RMC Audio seems is not selling them anymore! :-( )
Smeggy Thunderpants are my favorite closed-back headphones, and I've tried a bunch from almost all manufacturers in the sub-$500 range.
- Closed back headphones help
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › FiiO M3, Ultra-Portable|8G+64G|2.0" 320*240... 27 seconds ago
- › Review of Hidizs AP100 portable HiFi music player 1 minute ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Fire and Save Matches! Bifrost Multibit is Here. 2 minutes ago
- › Marantz HD-DAC1 3 minutes ago
- › Hidition NT-6 PRO Appreciation/Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Headphones for metal music - ultimate solution 4 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Impressions and Discussion thread 8 minutes ago
- › Hiii Head-Fiers! Glad to Join the Community! 8 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Orpheus HE90+HEV90 System 8 minutes ago
- › Lenntek Sonix 3 w/ Microphone by Incognito101
- › SMSL SA-98 Flagship-level Top HIFI Digital Big Power Amplifier... by yay101
- › Creative Sound Blaster Roar 2 Portable NFC Bluetooth Speaker with... by Brooko
- › Jays q-JAYS v2.0 by rasmushorn
- › Brainwavz Jive by Luckbad
- › Brainwavz S3 by jant71
- › FiiO EX1 Nanotech Titanium Diaphragm In-Ear Monitors by pixelsphotopro
- › RHA T20 by earfonia
- › Woo Audio WA22 by tassardar
- › CustomArt Ei.XX 6-driver CIEM - MassDrop edition by twister6
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2