- 4 Posts. Joined 1/2013
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Help Finding Great Headphones for Home Theatre Use Last post on 1/23/13 at 10:22pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for a pair of headphones (Budget ~$350) Last post on 1/11/13 at 9:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best closed Headphones within $300- $450 Last post on 5/9/13 at 11:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone advice Last post on 12/19/12 at 5:54pm in Headphones (full-size)
- List some headphones upto 500$ which dont require amp Last post on 12/26/12 at 8:11pm in Headphones (full-size)
A company whose products give me endless enjoyment, they fulfill every need I personally look for in audio...
First off I want to apologize for taking so long to get this review put together. Circumstances and family responsibility have conspired against me this year in regards to being able put together a...
The Elecom LBT-PAR500AV was purchased by me on Ebay. I’m not in any way affiliated with Elecom. The price was about $50 when I bought it. About me: I’m a 42 year old music...
Closed back headphones help
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Hi, new here. I'm looking for a set of closed back headphones for personal listening. I listen to a wide range of stuff from classical, to blues, and electronic music. Looking for something that has good clarity but also smooth highs. Not going to use them for any studio mixing etc. but more or less just for personal listening while traveling. Been using in-ear types for a while, but want something with a larger sized drivers. Budget is around $500. What would you recommend? Thanks in advance.
Mr Speaker Mad Dog with SR007 Stax Pads.
Or look into:
Denon D5000 (discontinued; maybe you can find them)
Ultrasone PRO 750
Beyer DT770 (premium; not pro; discontinued but maybe you can find them)
And tweak treble where needed.
As Mal mentioned, the Mad Dogs are one of my current favorites for just $300 I think it rivals a LOT of lower/higher priced headphones!
You could also look into the other variant of modded Fostex T50RP, the Paradox.
The Shure SRH940s were my favorites for quite a while, but keep in mind that they don't have a lot of bass presence, hence not as "neutral-ish" as the previous two headphones mentioned. (but it does have awesome mids).
My current favorites, Ultrasone Signature Pro, are great also. You could probably find them for $800 or so if you look real hard! (it's harder now that RMC Audio seems is not selling them anymore! :-( )
Smeggy Thunderpants are my favorite closed-back headphones, and I've tried a bunch from almost all manufacturers in the sub-$500 range.
- Closed back headphones help
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › IC: Schiit Yggdrasil (230V) 5 seconds ago
- › Some questions about settings (sample rate, latency, etc.) for an... 55 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › The HeadAmp GS-X and GS-X MK2 Thread 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › where to get replacement pads for AKG k171 in canada 2 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 2 minutes ago
- › Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here! 2 minutes ago
- › how to transfer music to ipod without itunes? 3 minutes ago
- › Harman Kardon AE1 In Ear Headphones by Army-Firedawg
- › RHA T20 by dweaver
- › Bluetooth receiver dual amplifier class1 NFC (black) [Japan Import] by peter123
- › FiiO E12 Mont Blanc by Mediahound
- › CEntrance HiFi-M8 by Mediahound
- › Bose QuietComfort 25 Headphones by Mediahound
- › Audeze LCD3 Planar Magnetic Headphone by Mediahound
- › beyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphones by Meirelles
- › Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 by MacedonianHero
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by Mediahound
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3