Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Dedicated Source Components › Yulong's new DA8
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Yulong's new DA8 - Page 33

post #481 of 542

It does better when asked to attenuate smaller amounts, compared to running it on the really low settings. So it depends on your setup and what volume range you'd be running it. 

post #482 of 542
Quote:
Originally Posted by project86 View Post
 

It does better when asked to attenuate smaller amounts, compared to running it on the really low settings. So it depends on your setup and what volume range you'd be running it. 

 

Thanks project,

 

 


Edited by BrainFood - 4/23/14 at 7:36pm
post #483 of 542

Hello, 

 

Has anyone tried to upgrade AOP on his DA8. A friend of mine reported it lifted the global sound with discrete op amps from 14/20 to 18/20 ?

Any other experience ?

 

Cheers

post #484 of 542

The full D200 product page is up on the Yulong site.  Cannot see it for sale anywhere yet though:

 

http://www.audio-sz.com/en/product_detail.asp?pid=37

post #485 of 542
Looks like eBay has some listings.
post #486 of 542

What happened to A8 & D8?

post #487 of 542
Quote:
Originally Posted by project86 View Post

Looks like eBay has some listings.

 

Indeed ($700 shipped + import duty.)

 

 

Who's gonna click buy and 'take one for the team', then?  :smile:

post #488 of 542
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clemmaster View Post

What happened to A8 & D8?
The pair should be available as well, just D8 is $2199.
Go figure as a pair. cool.gif
post #489 of 542
Quote:
Originally Posted by sayh View Post


The pair should be available as well, just D8 is $2199.
Go figure as a pair. cool.gif

Wow that's not cheap. I read somewhere the A8 will be around 3k...

post #490 of 542
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clemmaster View Post

Wow that's not cheap. I read somewhere the A8 will be around 3k...
Lets see then, somebody will likely pair them sooner or later.
post #491 of 542

Is it a fully balanced design?

post #492 of 542
@project86 are you planning to make a review of the d200? I've looked around on head-fi and I've only seen two threads with some impressions
post #493 of 542

Yes, I just received a review unit the other day. Seems pretty nice so far - almost like a "DA8 lite". Most of the functionality is there, and a good portion of the SQ as well.... but this is all very preliminary. 

post #494 of 542

Awesome! I'm looking forward to this review!

post #495 of 542
Quote:
Originally Posted by project86 View Post
 

Yes, I just received a review unit the other day. Seems pretty nice so far - almost like a "DA8 lite". Most of the functionality is there, and a good portion of the SQ as well.... but this is all very preliminary. 


Any chance you may have a view on a MacMini -> DA8 -> HDVA600 -> HD800 chain (connected balanced)? I listen to everything - old rock to new opera. I occasionally switch to my HD650S. A remote on the DA8 might have been nice..  :)  Any other DACs you would personally consider in the sub 3500$ range? I'm also looking at the W4S DAC-2se, Anedio D2, and the Audio-gd M7. Appreciate you experience...

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Dedicated Source Components
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Dedicated Source Components › Yulong's new DA8