Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › Non FiiO Amps
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Non FiiO Amps

post #1 of 12
Thread Starter 

I just ordered some GR07s, which are my first HiFi headphones ever- I cannot wait, I miss HiFi and my new place doesn't allow for my B&W 684's to sing frown.gif. I will be mainly using these in my iPhone 4S and am looking for a portable only amp (do not need anything for my desktop or laptop). I have read a lot of reviews/ discussions on FiiO and I think I will order the E11 if I order a FiiO. One thing that concerns me is there seems to be a lot of FiiO talk, and I do not see nearly as much mentioned about other brands. Is FiiO really as superior as it looks or am I seeing a lot of cult following opinions (not that both aren't possible)?

 

Thanks guys, I'm really enjoying this forum smile.gif.

 

~Zach

post #2 of 12

The C&C BH amp (which I have on order) is an attractive non FiiO alternative to the E11 (which I own).

 

Here is the link to a Head-Fi thread that you might find interesting...

 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/644363/c-c-bh-portable-headphone-amp-80-hours-from-a-single-charge-buyer-review

post #3 of 12
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by digirato View Post

The C&C BH amp (which I have on order) is an attractive non FiiO alternative to the E11 (which I own).

 

Here is the link to a Head-Fi thread that you might find interesting...

 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/644363/c-c-bh-portable-headphone-amp-80-hours-from-a-single-charge-buyer-review

 

Thanks!

 

I am not opposed to FiiO, more wondering if the weight of FiiO I see on this site is due to its superior quality or its superior marketing.

post #4 of 12
Those C&C amps are looking so nice! The BH and the XO2, want'em.
post #5 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by zmoney View Post

 

Thanks!

 

I am not opposed to FiiO, more wondering if the weight of FiiO I see on this site is due to its superior quality or its superior marketing.

It's a combination of good quality and reasonable pricing.smile_phones.gif

post #6 of 12
Thread Starter 
I feel like I'm settled on an E11.. Can anyone shake me?
post #7 of 12
Nope - Do it! smily_headphones1.gif
post #8 of 12
Thread Starter 
I think I've shifted my desires to the C&C BH after multiple members recommended it to me. Can anyone top the C&C BH in the ~$100 arena?
post #9 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by zmoney View Post

I think I've shifted my desires to the C&C BH after multiple members recommended it to me. Can anyone top the C&C BH in the ~$100 arena?

 

Look into the E12.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/646836/fiio-mont-blanc-e12-a-masterpiece-welcomed-by-the-entire-world


Edited by RoMee - 1/31/13 at 9:39am
post #10 of 12
Thread Starter 

Can anyone provide feedback into C&C BH vs E12?

post #11 of 12

just because no one else has, ill mention the jds cmoy bb, which is about 60$ and is a brilliant little amp imho. not quite as portable as the e11, but still portable, and sq that easly matches. again, all imo. if you looking for alternatives to the e11, i feel this one should be considered aswell.

post #12 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by zmoney View Post

Can anyone provide feedback into C&C BH vs E12?

 

Not likely until the E12 has some more widespread availability. I plan on putting the two head to head, but I feel like the Voodoo magic the BH does with the LF and SF switches will make me sell the E12, especially since (for me) +3dB bass boost on the E12 is not enough. But in terms of power output and sound quality, that's all up in the air. But for $20 less, the BH is pretty riteous.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › Non FiiO Amps