Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › Portaphile Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Portaphile Appreciation Thread - Page 21

post #301 of 334

Is this a bad choice for my LCD-2?  Maybe I should go with something stronger?

post #302 of 334
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverEars View Post
 

Is this a bad choice for my LCD-2?  Maybe I should go with something stronger?

Well, it powers my vintage TDS-5M ortho to my ordinary listening levels at around 1-2 o'clock on the volume pot on low-gain. If you need a portable amp, the 627 should be enough for the LCD-2. However, I strongly suggest getting a desktop amp if possible as portable gears are always a compromise of sound and portability and a desktop amp in a similar price bracket may sound a hell of a lot better in comparison.

post #303 of 334
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucketInABucket View Post
 

Well, it powers my vintage TDS-5M ortho to my ordinary listening levels at around 1-2 o'clock on the volume pot on low-gain. If you need a portable amp, the 627 should be enough for the LCD-2. However, I strongly suggest getting a desktop amp if possible as portable gears are always a compromise of sound and portability and a desktop amp in a similar price bracket may sound a hell of a lot better in comparison.

Thanks.  I'm not looking for portables, looking for destop amps, but people talking about this one alot.  I guess this one will be good for my iems then.  

post #304 of 334
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverEars View Post
 

Thanks.  I'm not looking for portables, looking for destop amps, but people talking about this one alot.  I guess this one will be good for my iems then.  

People do say that this amp is comparable to desktop amps, but it's extremely difficult to get the sound quality of a desktop amp in such a small package and Cesar has done well to come this close. 

post #305 of 334
I'm having battery problems with my micro. My battery drains a lot after it is turned off when fully charged and left overnight.
post #306 of 334
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fungus View Post

I'm having battery problems with my micro. My battery drains a lot after it is turned off when fully charged and left overnight.


Hi Fungus, that's very odd.  The power switch completely disconnects the battery from the circuit so it shouldn't be discharging when you power it off.  If you'd like to ship it to me to get checked out, I'd be more than happy to take a look at it.  Contact me via PM or email me through the website.  Thanks.

post #307 of 334
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappucho View Post
 


Hi Fungus, that's very odd.  The power switch completely disconnects the battery from the circuit so it shouldn't be discharging when you power it off.  If you'd like to ship it to me to get checked out, I'd be more than happy to take a look at it.  Contact me via PM or email me through the website.  Thanks.

That's indeed odd. I'll try it out a few more times to see if the problem persists. 

post #308 of 334

Just ordered the group-buy Micro to save $50. If you're on the fence, order by midnight, Chicago time. Save more if more people order. See site for details. I took advantage of PayPal's pay-later offer, also.

 

Offer is gone.


Edited by head-hi - 4/17/14 at 1:51pm
post #309 of 334

Hi , does some one have pairing the 627X with the Iriver AK100 MKII ? Thanks in advance .

post #310 of 334
You want to buy again a 627x?
post #311 of 334

Haven't listened to my 627 for a long time... 

 

Wow...I didn't realize how spacious it was...the soundstage is extremely large...and the treble is so natural and neutral! The focus and decay is amazing!! 

post #312 of 334
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverEars View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucketInABucket View Post
 

Well, it powers my vintage TDS-5M ortho to my ordinary listening levels at around 1-2 o'clock on the volume pot on low-gain. If you need a portable amp, the 627 should be enough for the LCD-2. However, I strongly suggest getting a desktop amp if possible as portable gears are always a compromise of sound and portability and a desktop amp in a similar price bracket may sound a hell of a lot better in comparison.

Thanks.  I'm not looking for portables, looking for destop amps, but people talking about this one alot.  I guess this one will be good for my iems then.  

In that case, may I suggest the OBJECTIVE 2 (+ portable in case of emergency) and the ODAC then? Just magnificent! :etysmile:

post #313 of 334
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aero Dynamik View Post
 

In that case, may I suggest the OBJECTIVE 2 (+ portable in case of emergency) and the ODAC then? Just magnificent! :etysmile:

The O2 is actually rated for less power than the 627 and all of its variants. 

post #314 of 334
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucketInABucket View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aero Dynamik View Post
 

In that case, may I suggest the OBJECTIVE 2 (+ portable in case of emergency) and the ODAC then? Just magnificent! :etysmile:

The O2 is actually rated for less power than the 627 and all of its variants. 

Please bear with me, but what does that mean? I'm not a technical person so please try to explain the way you would to a six year old. Thanks! :wink_face:

post #315 of 334
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aero Dynamik View Post
 

Please bear with me, but what does that mean? I'm not a technical person so please try to explain the way you would to a six year old. Thanks! :wink_face:

Headphones need power so that the drivers in them can produce music. More inefficient and/or higher-impedance headphones require more power to properly control and move the driver to its full potential.

 

I tried :#

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › Portaphile Appreciation Thread