Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › Portaphile Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Portaphile Appreciation Thread - Page 20

post #286 of 366

i wonder how poraphile handle with HD800

post #287 of 366
Quote:
Originally Posted by listen4joy View Post
 

i wonder how poraphile handle with HD800

It reportedly even handles the Hifiman HE-6 fairly well. I would assume the HD800 wouldn't be too difficult to drive...how it pairs up is another issue altogether.

post #288 of 366

Apparently the micro has less headroom than the 627x so it's probably better to stick with the 627x when paring with the HD800. 

post #289 of 366

My micro gets warm very quickly even when it's not in my pocket and just sitting on the table. Is this normal? It's never been to the point that it's hot to touch though I've never tested it on a hot day.


Edited by Fungus - 3/31/14 at 9:44pm
post #290 of 366
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fungus View Post
 

My micro gets warm very quickly even when it's not in my pocket and just sitting on the table. Is this normal? It's never been to the point that it's hot to touch though I've never tested it on a hot day. I usually place it besides me under the blankets when I'm in bed. The is my primary listening section when I'm at home. I'm not allow to listen to it at other times cos my parents call for me every minute and when I don't answer they get mad and ask me what I'm doing. If they see me with my rig, they start asking me questions lol. 

Happens to my amp too. Apparently its business as usual though.

post #291 of 366

When my Portaphile627X runs out of juice with my sensitive IEMs (especially the FitEar ToGo! 334) it sounds like a gun being fired just next to my ears. It is very loud and very scary, hurts my ears and I’m afraid it might damage the drivers of my $1.349 FitEar phone. I suppose the Portaphile627X may not be designed for such sensitive IEMs, still I enjoy its sound so much and would really like to use it but hardly dare to with my IEMs any longer. Is there anything I can do to eliminate this “gun”, and can it potentially destroy or damage the drivers? Any help or recommendations would be very much appreciated. Thank you!

 

EDIT: I’m charging it continually after every use when I’m at home, but on the go this is unfortunately not an option. When on the go I want to run it for as long as I can, but as I said I just don’t dare to.


Edited by Aero Dynamik - 4/2/14 at 12:56pm
post #292 of 366
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aero Dynamik View Post
 

When my Portaphile627X runs out of juice with my sensitive IEMs (especially the FitEar ToGo! 334) it sounds like a gun being fired just next to my ears. It is very loud and very scary, hurts my ears and I’m afraid it might damage the drivers of my $1.349 FitEar phone. I suppose the Portaphile627X may not be designed for such sensitive IEMs, still I enjoy its sound so much and would really like to use it but hardly dare to with my IEMs any longer. Is there anything I can do to eliminate this “gun”, and can it potentially destroy or damage the drivers? Any help or recommendations would be very much appreciated. Thank you!

 

EDIT: I’m charging it continually after every use when I’m at home, but on the go this is unfortunately not an option. When on the go I want to run it for as long as I can, but as I said I just don’t dare to.

I have the micro which also has this problem. I actually find turning the amp to be even louder but that can be easily avoided by plugging in headphones after it is switched on. You should be be glad the 627x lasts for 8 hours or more, the micros only for 4.5 hours maximum. Because of this, I carry around a portable battery charger. 

post #293 of 366

anyone has Hifiman HE-400 and beyerdynamic dt1350 i want a good amp for them

i consider to buy Schiit Modi+Magni Stack. but this is not portable anyone know if portaphile 627x works better with these headphones and i also need bo buy only one amp that will be portable and home beside 2 ones for home and for street.

 

thnx for hlep

post #294 of 366

If this isn't Portaphile appreciation, I don't know what is. A review, yay!

post #295 of 366
Quote:
Originally Posted by listen4joy View Post
 

anyone has Hifiman HE-400 and beyerdynamic dt1350 i want a good amp for them

i consider to buy Schiit Modi+Magni Stack. but this is not portable anyone know if portaphile 627x works better with these headphones and i also need bo buy only one amp that will be portable and home beside 2 ones for home and for street.

 

thnx for hlep


Go for it!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :beerchug:

post #296 of 366
Any one compare these with the Just Audio AHA 120's??
post #297 of 366

Can anybody hear the increase in floor noise with the micro when connected to a power supply. It's very loud to the point that it is importable to listen to any music. I get all kind of loud beeping noises. I've tried charging using the supplied charger, computer usb, external battery pack connected to a power point but to no avail. The only methods that eliminates the noise is charging via the usb from my external battery pack (energizer xp8000) when not charging (battery pack). 

post #298 of 366
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fungus View Post
 

Can anybody hear the increase in floor noise with the micro when connected to a power supply. It's very loud to the point that it is importable to listen to any music. I get all kind of loud beeping noises. I've tried charging using the supplied charger, computer usb, external battery pack connected to a power point but to no avail. The only methods that eliminates the noise is charging via the usb from my external battery pack (energizer xp8000) when not charging (battery pack). 

Try getting a USB cable with a ferrite bead and using that. Apparently the ferrite bead helps with EMI you're hearing as you might have a fairly dirty power supply. Here in HK the power supply's fine so I'm not hearing any noise at normal listening levels.

post #299 of 366
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucketInABucket View Post
 

Try getting a USB cable with a ferrite bead and using that. Apparently the ferrite bead helps with EMI you're hearing as you might have a fairly dirty power supply. Here in HK the power supply's fine so I'm not hearing any noise at normal listening levels.

I'll give it a try. Is your micro the 627 or muse version? Have you tried turning the volume all the way up and down several times? 

post #300 of 366
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fungus View Post
 

I'll give it a try. Is your micro the 627 or muse version? Have you tried turning the volume all the way up and down several times? 

Mine is the 627 version and yea I did all that - I did an entire review on the amp.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › Portaphile Appreciation Thread