Hello, I currently have the standard ATH-M50s atm. Just recently the left ear of the headphones suddenly stopped working. If it helps there's a bit of a concern with the wires close to the jack. There are a few exposed wires under the metal coiling. I want to know if there's any way i can fix them?
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 1/21/15
Related Forum Threads
- Need Cable Reccomendation for DIY Headphone Cable.. Last post on 5/22/15 at 8:55am in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- Burning in Kef M500? Last post on 2/24/15 at 7:47am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shootout - Entry to Mid-range Full Size Cans - Feat. ATH-M50, HD 558, and HE-400 Last post on 2/23/15 at 7:13pm in Headphones (full-size)
- ATH M-50 vs. Onkyo ES FC-300 vs KRK KNS 8400 Last post on 2/15/15 at 7:22am in Headphones (full-size)
- I need cheap bluetooth recommendations Last post on 3/13/15 at 8:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
This review will cover the X5ii, comparing it to the Pono player and the original X5. I have a Pono in my possession now. I unfortunately sold my original X5 prior to receiving the review sample,...
Alright, so I am not an audiophile by any means, my entire experience of headphelia is just using cheap IEMs but after trying some expensive beats, I knew I needed something more. And if your like...
This is a review of Audeze EL-8C closed back planar magnetic full size headphones: https://www.audeze.com/products/el-8-collection/el-8-closed-back, with a bonus review of Audeze Deckard desktop...
Preface: Nothing too technical here; just wanted to give my impression as someone that had to "downgrade" from the HE-400's recently and has tried dozens of full-sized cans. I have had these things...
This is my second actual IEM purchase, and I have to say, I'm very surprised. These have a more enjoyable and pleasurable listening experience compared to the Shure SE425, which sounded dry and...
The left part of my headphones isnt working. Need some advice
Gear mentioned in this thread:
If it's still in the time of warranty, take it back to the shop and get it swapped for a new one.
If it's out of warranty:
If it's just the cable near the jack that's the problem, try to wiggle the cable at different points, and if the sound goes on and off by the jack, then just cut off the cable 2-3cm up the cable and solder a new jack on.
- Soldering Iron
- New 3.5mm Stereo Plug (should be less than $5 from fleabay if you don't need a super high quality one)
- 7-8mm Heat Shrink Tube (depends on the thickness of your cable)
This is an easy 15 minute job.
- The left part of my headphones isnt working. Need some advice
- › iDAC2 is here. #1 Winner is......(page 30) Also FREE DSD/PCM... 19 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 53 seconds ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 2 minutes ago
- › Portable amp recommendation for Android 2 minutes ago
- › 🌅 Official 2015 SF Head-Fi Meet Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › I've Made a Terrible Mistake OR My Frustrating IEMs Journey,... 3 minutes ago
- › New Audio-gd DAC-19 [10th Anniversary Edition] 3 minutes ago
- › Three New Amps on Preorder from Audio-GD (C-2 11th Anniversary... 4 minutes ago
- › Headphones with no budget, used for laptop, smartphone, general... 4 minutes ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 4 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by fleasbaby
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by LandonO
- › Audeze EL-8 Closed-Back by twister6
- › Yamaha HPH-MT220BL by RushNerd
- › Klipsch Image X10 Noise-Isolating Earphone by achelgeson
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by krishtrinity1
- › Philips SHE3590BK/10 In-Ear Headphones (Black) by nauhid
- › SoundMAGIC E50 / E50S by RedJohn456
- › Alpha & Delta AD01 by nmatheis
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic by Sentinei
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3