Hello, I currently have the standard ATH-M50s atm. Just recently the left ear of the headphones suddenly stopped working. If it helps there's a bit of a concern with the wires close to the jack. There are a few exposed wires under the metal coiling. I want to know if there's any way i can fix them?
The left part of my headphones isnt working. Need some advice
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- 2,008 Posts. Joined 10/2009
- Location: Frankfurt, Germany
- Select All Posts By This User
If it's still in the time of warranty, take it back to the shop and get it swapped for a new one.
If it's out of warranty:
If it's just the cable near the jack that's the problem, try to wiggle the cable at different points, and if the sound goes on and off by the jack, then just cut off the cable 2-3cm up the cable and solder a new jack on.
- Soldering Iron
- New 3.5mm Stereo Plug (should be less than $5 from fleabay if you don't need a super high quality one)
- 7-8mm Heat Shrink Tube (depends on the thickness of your cable)
This is an easy 15 minute job.