Hello, I currently have the standard ATH-M50s atm. Just recently the left ear of the headphones suddenly stopped working. If it helps there's a bit of a concern with the wires close to the jack. There are a few exposed wires under the metal coiling. I want to know if there's any way i can fix them?
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 1/21/15
Related Forum Threads
- Need Cable Reccomendation for DIY Headphone Cable.. Last post on 5/22/15 at 8:55am in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- Burning in Kef M500? Last post on 2/24/15 at 7:47am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shootout - Entry to Mid-range Full Size Cans - Feat. ATH-M50, HD 558, and HE-400 Last post on 2/23/15 at 7:13pm in Headphones (full-size)
- ATH M-50 vs. Onkyo ES FC-300 vs KRK KNS 8400 Last post on 2/15/15 at 7:22am in Headphones (full-size)
- I need cheap bluetooth recommendations Last post on 3/13/15 at 8:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
As my wife will tell you, at just about every major audio show I attend I buy something (shocker right?). There’s something cool about looking at my pieces of gear and thinking about the show...
So i bought the DT 880 250 Ohm Pro model. I also have KEf m200 in ears, a pair of AKG k450. I owned Audio Technica m30, Sennheiser Momentum on ear and Beyerdynamic dt 770 80 Ohm. The difference is...
Introduction Over the past year, Audiofly released their "Performance" range of IEMs, designed by musicians as stage monitors. A while back I had a chance to sample the top of the range AF180 and...
My wife returned from two weeks in Japan today. While I was glad to see her after time apart, and excited to have her back, a part of me was more excited about what she had brought with her: my...
I bought this headphone amp after having met Ray Samuels at a Headphone show. He made it absolutely clear how much he valued over-engineering his pieces and how much he prioritized long term...
The left part of my headphones isnt working. Need some advice
Gear mentioned in this thread:
If it's still in the time of warranty, take it back to the shop and get it swapped for a new one.
If it's out of warranty:
If it's just the cable near the jack that's the problem, try to wiggle the cable at different points, and if the sound goes on and off by the jack, then just cut off the cable 2-3cm up the cable and solder a new jack on.
- Soldering Iron
- New 3.5mm Stereo Plug (should be less than $5 from fleabay if you don't need a super high quality one)
- 7-8mm Heat Shrink Tube (depends on the thickness of your cable)
This is an easy 15 minute job.
- The left part of my headphones isnt working. Need some advice
- › Asus Essence One Headphone Amp/DAC (CeBIT 2011) 8 seconds ago
- › How shall I drive my new Sennheiser HD 800's? 14 seconds ago
- › Selling everything!!! Schiit Fulla, Yamaha HPH-MT220, Sony... 44 seconds ago
- › Official HIFIMAN HE1000 Impressions Thread 54 seconds ago
- › Denon D2000/5000/7000 plastic rings 1 minute ago
- › NEW Schiit Lyr 2: Impressions 2 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 3 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your *Budget-Fi* Portable Rig (< $200) 3 minutes ago
- › Audio G-D NFB 15.32 DAC/Headphone Amp - Condition: 8/10 3 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 4 minutes ago
- › ALO Audio - The New Rx by mscott58
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by bodopopa
- › Audiofly AF120 In-Ear Headphones by Woodhouse
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by hakushondaimao
- › Ray Samuels P-51 Mustang by Zennheiser
- › FiiO E17 by Zennheiser
- › Sennheiser RS 130 Wireless Surround Sound Headphones by Tail
- › T-Peos Baguette Dynamic Earphones by twister6
- › T-Peos Amadeus dual hybrid in-ear monitor with microphone and remote by Hisoundfi
- › Apple iPhone 4S 16GB - AT&T - Black by snellemin
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2