- 107 Posts. Joined 4/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
- productHiFiMAN HE-400tagged by System, 3/1/13
Related Forum Threads
- Open Headphones and Amp Advice Last post on 8/17/14 at 5:01pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Recommendations for exciting open back headphones on a budget Last post on 8/12/14 at 4:09pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- DT770 vs DT880 vs M100 vs D600 vs Q40 vs HFI580 vs HE400 vs UE6000 Last post on 8/9/14 at 10:55am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Amp for Hifiman HE-400 Last post on 6/22/14 at 8:14am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Hifiman HE-400 with a PA2v2? Last post on 6/15/14 at 12:16am in Headphones (full-size)
I enjoy these headphones very much. A beautiful sound, clear and natural with a tight bass. I am a bit surprised such small cans can sounds so good. The wood finish might not suit everyone, but...
INTRODUCTION Build quality is excellent. This is my second headphone review.M40x is a recent release from Audio Technica,it is a...
PACKAGING : Earphones cames with a nice little box and 2 pair of white foamies (1 pair of donut and 1 pair of classic covered). I’m always using donuts one since it provides some slightly more...
First I’d like to thank Salsera and Brainwavz for sending me a review sample of the S5. Brainwavz are a brand that I am quite familiar with. They have many IEMs that are often praised on Head-Fi...
This is a Review of FiiO E11k portable headphone amplifier. http://www.fiio.com.cn/products/index.aspx?ID=100000060416193&MenuID=105026001, available from FiiO's US distributor MICCA Store:...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
If the cMoyBB is anything like an E11 it will power it 'okay' but something with a bit more juice will make it quite a bit better. I went from an E11 to the Schiit M&M stack and the sound improved considerably.
What kind of sound are you looking for?
Im new to the world of headphones and as a rookie Im not sure what I want. As I mentioned, I love the HD598, only complaint is I want a little more bass. The cMoyBB helps with that a lot. From what I've read about the HE-400, it has everything I think I will like: amazing bass, forward mids, and nice clean treble. The main thing I really want is amazing detail and clarity.
Where'd you read that?
FYI I have both, and from a purely sound quality perspective, there is a significant jump in fidelity going from the little brother to the big bro.
If you like the tonality of HD598, which is fairly neutral, the natural progression would probably not be the HE400 (it has a significantly laid-back upper midrange and very very sparkly treble), but rather HD650 and HE500. If you are coming from something with a more fun sound sig e.g. DT990 or D2000, then HE400 would be a very worthy successor.
Edited by jerg - 1/27/13 at 10:33pm
i agree with this
- HE-400 alternatives
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 21 seconds ago
- › The NEW Cayin C5 portable power house. 1 minute ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre, 1st page latest FW download & general... 1 minute ago
- › Hisoundaudio Studio V 3rd Anniversary Edition Review 2 minutes ago
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 2 minutes ago
- › Obscure Chinese DAPs 4 minutes ago
- › I got kicked out of Stereo Exchange 5 minutes ago
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.5.0 5 minutes ago
- › Beats Solo 2: Is the Head-Fi community willing to give these a fair... 6 minutes ago
- › ATH-ESW10JPN by bluelines
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M40x Professional Headphones by krishtrinity1
- › Baldoor EarBell E100 by subwoof3r
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by lin0003
- › FiiO Kilimanjaro 2 (E11K) Portable Headphone Amplifier by twister6
- › Audio Technica Sonic Fuel ATH-CKX9iS In-ear Headphones with In-line... by TheAfterEffect
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by eke2k6
- › ASUS Essence III by 00lunar
- › HiFiMAN RE-600 by TheGame21x
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by Klonatans
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)