- 107 Posts. Joined 4/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
- productHiFiMAN HE-400tagged by System, 3/1/13
Related Forum Threads
- Fiio X3 DAP vs. Objective 2 (O2) Amp with HE-400 and JH5 Last post on 3/9/14 at 10:31pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Is bit perfect dac enough power for H 400? Last post on 3/3/14 at 1:27pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Is bit perfect dac enough power for H 400? Last post on 3/4/14 at 7:21am in Computer Audio
- Upgrading from HD598 Last post on Yesterday at 10:13 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help for choosing a pair of 300-500€ over-ear headphones that suits any genres Last post on 3/3/14 at 12:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
Summary: These headphones give an accurate picture of what the producers had in mind when they mixed their music because they have a well-balanced, present, but not over-powering bass. Songs...
My current set. My favorite and my private oasis. These beauties will cut out most if not all ambient noise like while driving in a car and household noise when the music is flowing. I became a fan...
I was asked to listen to the Musical Fidelity MF100 and received them about 4 weeks ago. I get quite a lot of headphones through my door, I only review the ones I like and I like these a lot. I...
Got the SE846 last week and did some hours of comparison with my current SE535. My bias was towards keeping them - I like flagship products as a "there is nothing better" products, i.e. do not...
So I finally broke my go to earbuds, and went searching for a replacement. I was actually so disappointed with these things that I made it a point to get out and put out a review. Bass continuously...
HE-400 alternativespost #1 of 91/27/13 at 9:35pmThread StarterIm in the market for a new set of cans. I have the HD598 and am really happy with them. I think I've narrowed it down to the HE-400. I just made some extra money and was wondering if you have any suggestions for alternatives to the HE-400 in the $400-$700 price range. Another option is to get the HE-400 and use to extra money to get a better headphone amp. I have the cMoyBB and am not sure if it will work well with the HE-400. Thanks for your help
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 91/27/13 at 9:38pm
If the cMoyBB is anything like an E11 it will power it 'okay' but something with a bit more juice will make it quite a bit better. I went from an E11 to the Schiit M&M stack and the sound improved considerably.
What kind of sound are you looking for?post #3 of 91/27/13 at 9:46pmThread Starter
Im new to the world of headphones and as a rookie Im not sure what I want. As I mentioned, I love the HD598, only complaint is I want a little more bass. The cMoyBB helps with that a lot. From what I've read about the HE-400, it has everything I think I will like: amazing bass, forward mids, and nice clean treble. The main thing I really want is amazing detail and clarity.post #4 of 91/27/13 at 9:57pmpost #5 of 91/27/13 at 10:25pmThread Starterpost #6 of 91/27/13 at 10:30pmQuote:
Where'd you read that?
FYI I have both, and from a purely sound quality perspective, there is a significant jump in fidelity going from the little brother to the big bro.
If you like the tonality of HD598, which is fairly neutral, the natural progression would probably not be the HE400 (it has a significantly laid-back upper midrange and very very sparkly treble), but rather HD650 and HE500. If you are coming from something with a more fun sound sig e.g. DT990 or D2000, then HE400 would be a very worthy successor.
Edited by jerg - 1/27/13 at 10:33pmpost #7 of 91/27/13 at 10:47pmQuote:
i agree with thispost #8 of 91/28/13 at 1:28pm
- HE-400 alternatives
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Audeze LCD-X 45 seconds ago
- › The Ear Pads Thread 4 minutes ago
- › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up! 4 minutes ago
- › InEarZ (Fisher Hearing) Custom Remold Owner's Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Appreciation Thread!! 5 minutes ago
- › The HeadAmp GS-X and GS-X MK2 Thread 5 minutes ago
- › IC: Melbourne Meet 6 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 6 minutes ago
- › Parrot's Zik blyetooth headphones. 6 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Appreciation Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphone by aeromaniac
- › Ultimate Ears 500 by echo1284
- › Musical Fidelity MF-100 High Quality On-Ear Headphones by astroid
- › Shure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphone by agistrilink
- › NCredible NErgy In-Ear Headphones by Monster® by tevbax
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by De_klusjesman
- › Klipsch S3M-Blue-HP In-Ear Headphone, Blue by DaddyMojo
- › Unique Melody Mentor acrylic universal/custom by svyr
- › Fischer Audio TBA-04 IEM by exsomnis
- › Edifier H850 by ClieOS
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude