- 107 Posts. Joined 4/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
- productHiFiMAN HE-400tagged by System, 3/1/13
Related Forum Threads
- he 400 Last post on 9/25/14 at 1:58pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HE400+Magni/modi combo Last post on 9/21/14 at 7:00am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- anyone own the he400 and have returned the he400i Last post on 9/21/14 at 11:16am in Headphones (full-size)
- HE-560 VS Vmoda M100 Last post on 9/18/14 at 1:12pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Considering the O2+ODAC for my HE-400. Last post on 9/17/14 at 9:56am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Tralucent Audio Reference 1 – With Comparisons I would first like to give a huge thanks to Head-Fi member, warrior1975 for loaning me his Ref. 1 and TWau cable for review. I was...
Introduction – As the current flagship of the young company Brainwavz, the R3 has a quite a lot on its shoulders. Utilizing a relatively new dual-dynamic driver configuration, uncommon with most...
Disclaimer: a. I am in no way affiliated with Fiio b. The X1 audition was a part of a world tour audition. c. There is no monetary or in kind gain due to the audition. With the disclaimer...
I'd say this is a great set of IEMs for its price if you're looking for that consumer v-shaped sound sig. It's not the most balanced sound sig, but for what it is, it sounds pretty good. The mids...
As of September 2014, the HE-400 has been discontinued, and it's successor, the HE-400i is being sold in its place. So why publish, or even read, a review now? First, there are many used...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
If the cMoyBB is anything like an E11 it will power it 'okay' but something with a bit more juice will make it quite a bit better. I went from an E11 to the Schiit M&M stack and the sound improved considerably.
What kind of sound are you looking for?
Im new to the world of headphones and as a rookie Im not sure what I want. As I mentioned, I love the HD598, only complaint is I want a little more bass. The cMoyBB helps with that a lot. From what I've read about the HE-400, it has everything I think I will like: amazing bass, forward mids, and nice clean treble. The main thing I really want is amazing detail and clarity.
Where'd you read that?
FYI I have both, and from a purely sound quality perspective, there is a significant jump in fidelity going from the little brother to the big bro.
If you like the tonality of HD598, which is fairly neutral, the natural progression would probably not be the HE400 (it has a significantly laid-back upper midrange and very very sparkly treble), but rather HD650 and HE500. If you are coming from something with a more fun sound sig e.g. DT990 or D2000, then HE400 would be a very worthy successor.
Edited by jerg - 1/27/13 at 10:33pm
i agree with this
- HE-400 alternatives
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › MCINTOSH LABS INTRODUCES NEW HEADPHONE AMP MODEL MHA 100 1 minute ago
- › Divine Moments in Music 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 2 minutes ago
- › ATH m40x bass ? 4 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 4 minutes ago
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 2.0 4 minutes ago
- › Need IEM/on-ear/over-ear under 100$... 6 minutes ago
- › Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread 6 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 6 minutes ago
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by moedawg140
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by Audiophile1811
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by hitchhiker
- › Xiaomi Pistons 2.0 MK301 by Midgetguy
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by Rajikaru
- › MyST 1866 by cleg
- › The Enigma by Levaix
- › Bowers & Wilkins C5 S2 In-Ear Headphones, Black by twister6
- › MEElectronics M9-BK Hi-Fi Sound-Isolating Earphones (Black) by lin0003
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by Michaelc136
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)