- 40 Posts. Joined 4/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
- productHiFiMAN HE-400tagged by System, 3/2/13
Related Forum Threads
- Hifiman HE-400 + JERGPad Mod Last post on Yesterday at 1:30 pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Trying to narrow X-Mas list (DT880 vs. HE400 vs. HD650) Last post on Today at 1:00 am in Headphones (full-size)
- 2013 Hi-Fi Christmas Thread Last post on Today at 12:31 am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Value Hifiman HE-400 Cable Last post on Yesterday at 11:34 am in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- HiFiMAN HE-400 Impressions Last post on 11/30/13 at 2:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: Yesterday
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
*Review to come*
Bought those as a portable go-to set (subway use, airplanes, travelling, etc.) and am so far very pleased. I previously used Etymotic IEM's (ER-4P and HF3) which are known for their clarity and...
http://www.head-fi.org/t/685339/new-akg-flagship-k812-first-impression/120#post_10026763 Now I correct the Google translate - I use http://www.dict.cc/ and my (small) knowledge of English I hope...
Sounds great with the modded AKG Q701. Nearly as good with that as my main amp that originally cost $350. Impressive! In fact, the Vali added nothing to the sound of the modded Q701, which is...
*I listened to the Westone 4Rs using iPhone 4S and the latest iPod Classic (6th Generation). The below sums up my listening experience from these sources only.* The Westone 4Rs fit my ears...
HE-400 alternativespost #1 of 91/27/13 at 9:35pmThread StarterIm in the market for a new set of cans. I have the HD598 and am really happy with them. I think I've narrowed it down to the HE-400. I just made some extra money and was wondering if you have any suggestions for alternatives to the HE-400 in the $400-$700 price range. Another option is to get the HE-400 and use to extra money to get a better headphone amp. I have the cMoyBB and am not sure if it will work well with the HE-400. Thanks for your help
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 91/27/13 at 9:38pm
If the cMoyBB is anything like an E11 it will power it 'okay' but something with a bit more juice will make it quite a bit better. I went from an E11 to the Schiit M&M stack and the sound improved considerably.
What kind of sound are you looking for?post #3 of 91/27/13 at 9:46pmThread Starter
Im new to the world of headphones and as a rookie Im not sure what I want. As I mentioned, I love the HD598, only complaint is I want a little more bass. The cMoyBB helps with that a lot. From what I've read about the HE-400, it has everything I think I will like: amazing bass, forward mids, and nice clean treble. The main thing I really want is amazing detail and clarity.post #4 of 91/27/13 at 9:57pmpost #5 of 91/27/13 at 10:25pmThread Starterpost #6 of 91/27/13 at 10:30pmQuote:
Where'd you read that?
FYI I have both, and from a purely sound quality perspective, there is a significant jump in fidelity going from the little brother to the big bro.
If you like the tonality of HD598, which is fairly neutral, the natural progression would probably not be the HE400 (it has a significantly laid-back upper midrange and very very sparkly treble), but rather HD650 and HE500. If you are coming from something with a more fun sound sig e.g. DT990 or D2000, then HE400 would be a very worthy successor.
Edited by jerg - 1/27/13 at 10:33pmpost #7 of 91/27/13 at 10:47pmQuote:
i agree with thispost #8 of 91/28/13 at 1:28pm
- HE-400 alternatives
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › iBasso DX50 Thread (New^4 firmware update! V1.2.2) 2 minutes ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 2 minutes ago
- › Recommendations for decent over-ear headphones under $200 (mostly... 3 minutes ago
- › New Beyer DT1350 3 minutes ago
- › NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!! 4 minutes ago
- › Resonessence Labs Concero discussion/review thead 6 minutes ago
- › iPhone 5C and 5S: audio output 9 minutes ago
- › The Beyerdynamic DT880 Appreciation / Discussion thread 10 minutes ago
- › Logitech UE 6000 by HeretixAevum
- › Shure SE215 Black by starlan
- › AKG K812 by FritzS
- › Schiit Vali by tdockweiler
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by Wilderbeast
- › ecp audio L-2 Parafeed Headphone Amplifier by minimus
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by DrumminD21311
- › FiiO RC-MH1 Headphone Upgrade Cable by SkyBleu
- › Sennheiser CX 175 by thesurvivor90
- › EarSonics SM2 v2 by Gilly87
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Cables &... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Wireless... by warrenpchi