or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Computer Audio › Audio-GD NFB-15.32 Delivery & Impression Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Audio-GD NFB-15.32 Delivery & Impression Thread - Page 13

post #181 of 939

Its funny thou i tracked it on the DHL website and for some reason it went to Cincinnati first.

post #182 of 939
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honkytime View Post
 

Its funny thou i tracked it on the DHL website and for some reason it went to Cincinnati first.

Cincinnati customs..... Have you seen any messages like, Customs status updated or Clearance processing complete or it could be just to transit.....

My package route was, Hongkong  ==>  Leipzig, Germany ==> Bergamo, Italy (customs check and clearance was given) ==> reached the destination area ==> delivery of the package was made, after paying the duty.

 

How much was value of the product did you ask to state in the invoice? Based on the value of the product, you have to pay the duty.

 

 

post #183 of 939
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubinstein View Post
 

Cincinnati customs..... Have you seen any messages like, Customs status updated or Clearance processing complete or it could be just to transit.....

My package route was, Hongkong  ==>  Leipzig, Germany ==> Bergamo, Italy (customs check and clearance was given) ==> reached the destination area ==> delivery of the package was made, after paying the duty.

 

How much was value of the product did you ask to state in the invoice? Based on the value of the product, you have to pay the duty.

 

 

yeah been threw at that at Cincinnati i just left it at the 80$ and asked DJ about it Before i bought it should be around the 30$ range i hope.

post #184 of 939

Invoice value was 80 US$ for me also. I paid about 34 Euros. Customs duty was about 24 Euros (22% of invoice value and shipping cost) and remaining was for DHL as administration fee. The customs clearance was very smooth because of DHL.

post #185 of 939
Ya audio GD forgets that 80 USD is not the same as 80 CDN, so customs automatically incurs tax and that leads DHL to charge you $20 in fees. Overall $28 something in extra fees.

Ya my 15.32 went to cincinatti too by air and then the rest of the way by truck.
post #186 of 939

My NFB-15.32 arrived today so excited! I don't know why but my customs fees where only $19.70 so less than i thought. Plugged it in installed the usb driver and wam no issues at all will update later after i tried my collection of headphones on it.

 

posted a couple of pictures.

 

post #187 of 939

congrats :)

post #188 of 939

Nice, looking forward to see how it compares against the magni

post #189 of 939
Having listened to the magni/modi some time ago, I can say my 15.32 definitely sounds better than the stack did. I want to say it sounds less muddy in the lows than the stack did but its been a while. I think Honkytime would do it more justice with a side by side.

I don't understand why the COD fees were less for you. The value and tax should be the same. Unless you guys don't have provincial taxes out there?
Edited by DJINFERNO806 - 1/21/14 at 6:01am
post #190 of 939
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJINFERNO806 View Post

Having listened to the magni/modi some time ago, I can say my 15.32 definitely sounds better than the stack did. I want to say it sounds less muddy in the lows than the stack did but its been a while. I think Honkytime would do it more justice with a side by side.

I don't understand why the COD fees were less for you. The value and tax should be the same. Unless you guys don't have provincial taxes out there?

Yeah there's no provincial sales tax in Alberta  and i agree it sounds better than my titanium HD and magni. I do prefer my DT 880's with the Magni. I know they need a tube amp to shine properly but the magni seems to drive then better,even on high gain i can get the 15.32 to the 3 o'clock postion before it gets to loud and find the detail a bit better on the magni. The 15.32 really shines with my DT 770's and my HD518's. I find the details just that much better on the 15.32.

I did do something thought that i thought id share If you decide to flash the USB firmware. BE REALLY CAREFUL and watch the video that explains how to do this properly

If you do it wrong you can damage the firmware chip as i seem to have. There not expensive to replace at $1.50 USD but the 22$ shipping to get them here is. I've flashed many computer bios and SSD drives in my time and never had an issue. I emailed Kingwa about it and tried to fix it with his help but its toast. I must say he's very helpful guy. his typed english is a little hard to understand but i could understand it enough to do as he asked. The optical still works so i can still run the amp off the optical till my parts get here.


Edited by Honkytime - 1/21/14 at 9:27pm
post #191 of 939
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honkytime View Post
 

I did do something thought that i thought id share If you decide to flash the firmware. BE REALLY CAREFUL and watch the video that explains how to do this properly

If you do it wrong you can damage the firmware chip as i seem to have. There not expensive to replace at $1.50 USD but the 22$ shipping to get them here is. I've flashed many computer bios and SSD drives in my time and never had an issue. I emailed Kingwa about it and tried to fix it with his help but its toast. I must say he's very helpful guy. his typed english is a little hard to understand but i could understand it enough to do as he asked. The optical still works so i can still run the amp off the optical till my parts get here.

 

Hiya, Honky time, I also installed the driver (11.32) in two laptops. However, I faced a problem to make the foobar working with "ViA directks Asio" as output. This problem was due to a voip software was opening along with windows start up. As soon as I disabled the opening voip software, the foobar started to work properly with ViA directks Asio. No other software (such as vlc player or skype or youtube) should use audio gd, if foobar has to work properly with ViA directks Asio as output.

 

How did you damage the firmware of the chip?

post #192 of 939
He's talking about updating the firmware on the USB chip by flashing it.

Not driver software installation.

2 different things.

I was under the impression that the 15.32 came updated with the latest firmware already for the via chip since it was released some time ago.

I guess I should look into this. What are the major differences with the new firmware I wonder.
Edited by DJINFERNO806 - 1/21/14 at 7:24pm
post #193 of 939

thanks, I was trying to wake up..... while typing previous post. :happy_face1:

post #194 of 939
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJINFERNO806 View Post

He's talking about updating the firmware on the USB chip by flashing it.

Not driver software installation.

2 different things.

I was under the impression that the 15.32 came updated with the latest firmware already for the via chip since it was released some time ago.

I guess I should look into this. What are the major differences with the new firmware I wonder.

yeah there's a new 2014 beta version for the usb firmware and a beta driver. I wasn't playing attention enough to the video and miss the part about switching the file select screen to all files and installed the wrong file. then with some unfortunate luck i managed to hit the button on my power bar and shut the system down in the middle of the update. after restarting  the firmware update program will no longer find the USB device. i tried the 15.32 on my other two computers and it would notfind the usb on either of them as well. 


Edited by Honkytime - 1/21/14 at 9:15pm
post #195 of 939
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honkytime View Post
 

yeah there's a new 2014 beta version for the usb firmware and a beta driver. I wasn't playing attention enough to the video and miss the part about switching the file select screen to all files and installed the wrong file. then with some unfortunate luck i managed to hit the button on my power bar and shut the system down in the middle of the update. after restarting  the firmware update program will no longer find the USB device. i tried the 15.32 on my other two computers and it would notfind the usb on either of them as well. 


Is this usb firmware applicable for all audio GD products? what is the improvement compared to older one?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Computer Audio
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Computer Audio › Audio-GD NFB-15.32 Delivery & Impression Thread