or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › Official Hong Kong Thread (Shops, Meets, Events and more-)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official Hong Kong Thread (Shops, Meets, Events and more-) - Page 23

post #331 of 339

Which shops in Hong Kong carry STAX?

post #332 of 339
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayzilla View Post
 

Which shops in Hong Kong carry STAX?

Haven't seen any locally (Mingo and Kingsound have it listed on their websites but it's probably for advance orders). You can also give the AV Show in HKCEC this weekend a shot.

post #333 of 339

Pretty sure  i've seen SR-009 at Kingsounds flagship store in MK.

If I recall i demo'ed a set... but that was a few years a go too.

post #334 of 339
Sr 007mkII, 009 @ DMA stand at the AV fair.
post #335 of 339
Quote:
Originally Posted by undersys View Post

Pretty sure  i've seen SR-009 at Kingsounds flagship store in MK.
If I recall i demo'ed a set... but that was a few years a go too.
Which one is the flagship store? Is it the one on the 12th floor of the building or something like that? That store didn't even have the HD 800 for testing, so I would be surprised if they had the 007 or 009 for testing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verloren View Post

Sr 007mkII, 009 @ DMA stand at the AV fair.
Is the AV Fair open to the public? Is there an admission fee? Do they offer show special prices?

Thanks.
post #336 of 339
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayzilla View Post

Is the AV Fair open to the public? Is there an admission fee? Do they offer show special prices?

Thanks.

80HKD admission fee, open to public.

 

I'm not sure if they have special prices available. Some of the booths did show a price higher than what would normally be available in Mongkok or SSP. There also were some pretty good deals available on lower end equipment.

 

In terms of getting to demo equipment, DMA was probably the best one with the most high end headphone + amp/DAC combos. Kingosound would be 2nd for me. ECT's booth was a mix of headphones with AK DAPs. I think Senn's was mostly full of Momentums, ThinkingGroup for Westone + Noble lineup. Beyer, AKG, Onkyo, Oppo, Fiio, and ATH also were there. There was a listening room for some Marantz/Q Acoustics gear (X16-X21 area).

 

IMO, paying 80HKD to be able to demo a bunch of high end gear (even if in less than ideal conditions) is worth it. IIRC, DMA had a ATH-W1000 with AT-HA5000ANV hooked up, Stax, and a HD800 w/ HDVD800. I can't remember any others off the top of my head. I think was HiFiMan was showing some of their headphones off in the same booth.

post #337 of 339
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verloren View Post

80HKD admission fee, open to public.

I'm not sure if they have special prices available. Some of the booths did show a price higher than what would normally be available in Mongkok or SSP. There also were some pretty good deals available on lower end equipment.

In terms of getting to demo equipment, DMA was probably the best one with the most high end headphone + amp/DAC combos. Kingosound would be 2nd for me. ECT's booth was a mix of headphones with AK DAPs. I think Senn's was mostly full of Momentums, ThinkingGroup for Westone + Noble lineup. Beyer, AKG, Onkyo, Oppo, Fiio, and ATH also were there. There was a listening room for some Marantz/Q Acoustics gear (X16-X21 area).

IMO, paying 80HKD to be able to demo a bunch of high end gear (even if in less than ideal conditions) is worth it. IIRC, DMA had a ATH-W1000 with AT-HA5000ANV hooked up, Stax, and a HD800 w/ HDVD800. I can't remember any others off the top of my head. I think was HiFiMan was showing some of their headphones off in the same booth.

The admission fee also includes a very good reference sampler cd/sacd hybrid called The Perfect Sound which is different every year.
I went to HK AV show quite a few times and it was definitely nice to be able to try out all of the high end gear as well as seeing latest projectors and theater surround systems .
post #338 of 339
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper2005 View Post

The admission fee also includes a very good reference sampler cd/sacd hybrid called The Perfect Sound which is different every year.
I went to HK AV show quite a few times and it was definitely nice to be able to try out all of the high end gear as well as seeing latest projectors and theater surround systems .

 This is the track list for this year:

post #339 of 339

I tried the Stax 009 in the AV Show. Very neutral, but nothing special. Driven by a Stax SRM-007 (I think). I wonder what would be the sound quality if BHSE amp is used? 

Does any one have this amp in HK?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › Official Hong Kong Thread (Shops, Meets, Events and more-)