After a while using, of course, Foobar, I decided to check again what's out there, and so far I am very pleased with AIMP3 as an alternative, due to:
- default ASIO/WASAPI/FLAC/APE/etc support
- remote control apps for Android smartphones via Wifi/LAN - Nice for couch/bed headphones listening! They DO work.
- very fast
- compact yet detailed playlist with bitrate/format/size
- nice default VU-meters
- very nice playlist auto-sorting
- seemingly everything can be customized/toggled on/off
- hover windows tray icon to see file playing + can copy file info
- IT JUST WORKS! no clicks,pops,crashes wtvr... I've had that with Foobar when seeking through a song.
I can't detect sound differences to Foobar. I am aware there may be a hint of new toy syndrome, but look forward to what others think. And yes the looks resemble Winamp.
This was with the latest 3.50 Beta 2.
Hint: Just make sure you set it up taking the volume to 100% and going to Preferences -> Sound Effects > Disable all the effects/fade non-sense. I also didn't care for the Information Bar when a new song is starting. To disable it: Preferences > Plugins > Information Bar > Untick
Edited by negura - 3/13/13 at 6:00pm