Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Music › How to organize FLAC files?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

How to organize FLAC files? - Page 2

post #16 of 23

Go to file>preferences>media library. Then add the folder where your FLAC files are. 

post #17 of 23
Thread Starter 

Thank you! Is poweramp available for windows? 

 

Also, is there any pre equalizer settings on foobar like iTunes has?  I found the Equalizer, but can't find any choices to choose from.

 

Thanks

post #18 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by MC LeBron 23 View Post

Thank you! Is poweramp available for windows? 

 

Also, is there any pre equalizer settings on foobar like iTunes has?  I found the Equalizer, but can't find any choices to choose from.

 

Thanks

 

Yes, dBpoweramp is for Windows. I use it every day for all my ripping and converting:

 

http://www.dbpoweramp.com/

 

I don't know of any stock presets for the equalizer in Foobar. Just open the equalizer and make any adjustments you want to make, then click save and name the preset. Then you can create different equalizer presets and save each new one with a new name. I created a folder I named "Foobar EQ Presets," and I store all of mine in that folder. You can create as many custom equalizers as you wish. I have different custom EQ presets for different headphones, for 2.0 speakers, for 2.1 speakers, etc. Just click "Load preset" and navigate to your folder of stored custom presets and select the one you want. It's great because you can have custom equalizer presets ready-to-go for different gear or different music or whatever. I didn't find any pre-made equalizer presets, I just created a series of my own custom ones specifically tailored to my gear and my preferences. 

post #19 of 23

I don't think he was asking about dbpoweramp. He's looking for Poweramp, a Android based music player. As far as I know there is not a Windows version. 

post #20 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radioking59 View Post

I don't think he was asking about dbpoweramp. He's looking for Poweramp, a Android based music player. As far as I know there is not a Windows version. 

 

Oh, okay. No need for that anyway I guess if he just installed Foobar as his music player...

post #21 of 23
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by StratocasterMan View Post

 

Yes, dBpoweramp is for Windows. I use it every day for all my ripping and converting:

 

http://www.dbpoweramp.com/

 

I don't know of any stock presets for the equalizer in Foobar. Just open the equalizer and make any adjustments you want to make, then click save and name the preset. Then you can create different equalizer presets and save each new one with a new name. I created a folder I named "Foobar EQ Presets," and I store all of mine in that folder. You can create as many custom equalizers as you wish. I have different custom EQ presets for different headphones, for 2.0 speakers, for 2.1 speakers, etc. Just click "Load preset" and navigate to your folder of stored custom presets and select the one you want. It's great because you can have custom equalizer presets ready-to-go for different gear or different music or whatever. I didn't find any pre-made equalizer presets, I just created a series of my own custom ones specifically tailored to my gear and my preferences. 

 

Cool, thanks for the info. Do you have any recommendations for settings you use for custom EQ settings? I don't know how set the dbs for better bass, treble ect. I would need settings for rap, rock (Linkin Park) and one for songs with vocals. I own the ATH M50 and ATH AD700.

post #22 of 23

I used to use Extract audio cd, it wasn't bad at all.


Edited by Vibarthe - 2/15/13 at 8:56am
post #23 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by MC LeBron 23 View Post

 

Cool, thanks for the info. Do you have any recommendations for settings you use for custom EQ settings? I don't know how set the dbs for better bass, treble ect. I would need settings for rap, rock (Linkin Park) and one for songs with vocals. I own the ATH M50 and ATH AD700.

 

No one can really tell you what your EQ settings should be, because everyone's hearing is a little different. Only you can really determine what is best for you. The best thing to do is let your own ears be the judge. Simply start some music playing and then open up the equalizer. Use the sliders to boost or decrease different frequencies. The changes take effect instantly. Just experiment and create and save a few different custom equalizers. Then you can try playing some more music and try loading the different equalizers you've created to see which ones you like best with different music or headphones. The possibilities are limitless because the equalizer settings are only making changes to the sound during playback. They are not making changes to the actual track data itself, so you can always make more adjustments and create more equalizers later if you wish. You are not actually changing the track itself, just the way it sounds during playback so feel free to experiment. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Music
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Music › How to organize FLAC files?