- 82 Posts. Joined 1/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Denon d2000 versus the d600 Last post on 10/8/12 at 5:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Which is better? (Denon D600) Vs.(Philips Fidelio X1) Last post on 9/17/14 at 8:53pm in Headphones (full-size)
- (Denon AH-D600) Vs. (Philips Fidelio X1) Last post on 9/16/14 at 7:51pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- HiFi Newbie Needs Headphone Help! (Shure SRH1540 & Denon AH-D600) Last post on 8/10/14 at 3:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser Momentum over ear replacement..... Denon AH-D600 vs Nad Viso HP50 vs B&W P7 vs... Last post on 8/12/14 at 6:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
HELP! HE-300 vs D600 vs MTPG vs M100 vs Others!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Audio Technica ATH-M50WH
- Sennheiser HD 598
- BRAINWAVZ HM5 or any of its variants.
I've never understood the recommendations for the hd598, I hated them, but that's just me and I'm not a Sennheiser fan in general.
Anyways, there are a million different headphones in this price range, many of them are very good. You will probably get 100 different recommendations here honestly, my favorite being the A900X. I'm sure you will get the opinions about the Beyer DT's, ultrasone's, Denon's, Senn's, Grado's. This is honestly a very common question as many people like to look at headphones in this range, probably could find a hundred opinions without another thread , no offense intended of course.
BTW: Atmosphere isn't even close to being considered spoken word, just sayin'
The 598's will be pretty dry in the bass region of that genre. You may think about throwing the Beyerdynamic DT770 Limited Edition (32 ohm) into the mix and also, take a look at the Logitech UE6000 thread.
I've owned both the UE's and the D600, but I kept the D600. The UE 6000 is nice, and a good deal for the price, but it was just too dark for me in passive mode (it sounded like everything had a veil over it). For hip-hop, the D600's are a good choice. The bass on them is top notch (better than the original D5000's even when modded, and rivaling LCD-2 quality), but the mids and highs are all funky. A lot of people like them, and a lot of others don't. I personally don't really love the mids/highs on them, but I would hate for that to influence your opinion, they're really cans that you need to try out for yourself to see if you like them.
On that note, I'm assuming from your name that you're in SF? If so, the best buys around here tend to have them on display in the fancy 'Magnolia' section of their stores so you can try them out (and they also have the UE 6000's on display with the other 'cheaper' headphones too). So you can just go there and try them both out in one go. The Best Buy on geary I believe had both in stock and on display last I recall, I only mention it cause I'm not sure if the one on harrison has the D600's.
Anyways, I just ordered a pair of M100's too, so I'll see how they stack up once they get here later this week. No idea about the other phones though.
- HELP! HE-300 vs D600 vs MTPG vs M100 vs Others!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Rate the video games you're currently playing 9 seconds ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 10/15/2014:... 13 seconds ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 36 seconds ago
- › 1964 Ears (The Appreciation Thread) 40 seconds ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 43 seconds ago
- › New from Garage1217, the solid-state Project Polaris! 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 1 minute ago
- › New ear tips for Sony 7550s? 2 minutes ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW sfwalcer's earphone comparo PG 1727.... 2 minutes ago
- › Superlux 681 688b 661 or 681 evo? 2 minutes ago
- › FitEar Private 333 by Kiats
- › Beyerdynamic XP1 by SawItComing
- › Audio-Technica ATH-WS77 SOLID BASS Portable Headphones (Japan Import) by DisCHORDDubstep
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by thatBeatsguy
- › Fostex TH 900 by smitty1110
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by aquamacs
- › Audio Technica ATH-IM02 balanced amature inner earphone by thatonenoob
- › DUNU DN-2000 Hybrid 3 way earphone by thatonenoob
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by H20Fidelity
- › Beyerdynamic Tesla T1 by smitty1110
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)