- 82 Posts. Joined 1/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Denon d2000 versus the d600 Last post on 10/8/12 at 5:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for decent cans under $300(help wanted) Last post on Today at 7:08 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Recommending Hifiman HE-400 or Philips X1 Last post on 4/9/14 at 10:54pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Hifiman HE-300 & EF3 Amp combo on for just $249 Last post on 4/11/14 at 2:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Hifiman he300 and ef3 Last post on 4/11/14 at 11:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
Bass response doesn't bleed to the vocals or any other frequency whatsoever, thin lightweight cable with no microphonics and small plug to connect to portable devices. Some people called...
I don't consider them nice or even fun but everytime I'm working out I feel like I made a great investment. Going out with my Westone 4R or my customs make me feel paranoid to some extend. The...
I noticed so much praise around here that my expectations were quite high and I gotta say: I was not disappointed at all. There's little new we can say about such a famous/infamous IEM. I bought a...
The Sennheiser HD280 that I'm reviewing do not belong to me, they're presumably a couple years old (I didn't ask) and in good condition aside from a couple scratches on the earcups. I was curious...
Disclaimer The FR is a review sample sent from Noble Audio. The reviewer was compensated in the form of a ridiculously cool and form-fitting Noble Audio shirt. Introduction Despite humans...
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)
HELP! HE-300 vs D600 vs MTPG vs M100 vs Others!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Audio Technica ATH-M50WH
- Sennheiser HD 598
- BRAINWAVZ HM5 or any of its variants.
I've never understood the recommendations for the hd598, I hated them, but that's just me and I'm not a Sennheiser fan in general.
Anyways, there are a million different headphones in this price range, many of them are very good. You will probably get 100 different recommendations here honestly, my favorite being the A900X. I'm sure you will get the opinions about the Beyer DT's, ultrasone's, Denon's, Senn's, Grado's. This is honestly a very common question as many people like to look at headphones in this range, probably could find a hundred opinions without another thread , no offense intended of course.
BTW: Atmosphere isn't even close to being considered spoken word, just sayin'
The 598's will be pretty dry in the bass region of that genre. You may think about throwing the Beyerdynamic DT770 Limited Edition (32 ohm) into the mix and also, take a look at the Logitech UE6000 thread.
I've owned both the UE's and the D600, but I kept the D600. The UE 6000 is nice, and a good deal for the price, but it was just too dark for me in passive mode (it sounded like everything had a veil over it). For hip-hop, the D600's are a good choice. The bass on them is top notch (better than the original D5000's even when modded, and rivaling LCD-2 quality), but the mids and highs are all funky. A lot of people like them, and a lot of others don't. I personally don't really love the mids/highs on them, but I would hate for that to influence your opinion, they're really cans that you need to try out for yourself to see if you like them.
On that note, I'm assuming from your name that you're in SF? If so, the best buys around here tend to have them on display in the fancy 'Magnolia' section of their stores so you can try them out (and they also have the UE 6000's on display with the other 'cheaper' headphones too). So you can just go there and try them both out in one go. The Best Buy on geary I believe had both in stock and on display last I recall, I only mention it cause I'm not sure if the one on harrison has the D600's.
Anyways, I just ordered a pair of M100's too, so I'll see how they stack up once they get here later this week. No idea about the other phones though.
- HELP! HE-300 vs D600 vs MTPG vs M100 vs Others!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Oppo PM-1 Planar Magnetic Headphone Impressions Thread 21 seconds ago
- › Audiophile cables, an interesting question. 27 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 38 seconds ago
- › The results of giveaway! 45 seconds ago
- › Unique Melody Miracle Review & Appreciation Thread 48 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › All Time Fave Song. (only one!) 2 minutes ago
- › sonus faber extrema in house 3 minutes ago
- › GRADO GR10: Reviews, First Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for... 5 minutes ago
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by squallkiercosa
- › Shure SE215 by squallkiercosa
- › Ultimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie... by squallkiercosa
- › Sennheiser HD 280 Headphones by LaPierre
- › Noble Audio FR by HideousPride
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by AManAnd88Keys
- › JBL J33 Premium In-Ear Headphones - Black by QyababAM
- › Sennheiser HD 580 by achelgeson
- › AKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphones by Flizz
- › Forza Audioworks Copper Series Cable by awry
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob