- 82 Posts. Joined 1/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Denon d2000 versus the d600 Last post on 10/8/12 at 5:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Which is better? (Denon D600) Vs.(Philips Fidelio X1) Last post on 9/17/14 at 8:53pm in Headphones (full-size)
- (Denon AH-D600) Vs. (Philips Fidelio X1) Last post on 9/16/14 at 7:51pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- HiFi Newbie Needs Headphone Help! (Shure SRH1540 & Denon AH-D600) Last post on 8/10/14 at 3:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser Momentum over ear replacement..... Denon AH-D600 vs Nad Viso HP50 vs B&W P7 vs... Last post on 8/12/14 at 6:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
Videos only at the moment. I'll do a write-up later. Apologies if you were hoping for something to read. Unboxing and design details: More details about the cables, sound and possible...
Introduction – Read Heath Audio (or RHA for short) are soon to release their latest and greatest earphone, the T10i. Much like the rest of RHA’s products, the T10i’s were designed to offer premium...
I've owned an EarMax and Sennheiser HD 580's for 20 years, so I'm already familiar with tubed OTL headphone amps. The linestage of my old Quicksilver started developing some noise, and I didn't...
I bought these from Amazon about 2 weeks ago, and felt buyer's remorse when I wasn't blown away by the sound. They aren't bad, but they do lack bass and the feel is cheap. They were somewhat...
I would like to thank Brainwavz for the review sample of R3! Brainwavz R3 is a dual dynamic drivers IEM. It has 2 dynamic drivers in each housing, facing each other into a sound blending...
HELP! HE-300 vs D600 vs MTPG vs M100 vs Others!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Audio Technica ATH-M50WH
- Sennheiser HD 598
- BRAINWAVZ HM5 or any of its variants.
I've never understood the recommendations for the hd598, I hated them, but that's just me and I'm not a Sennheiser fan in general.
Anyways, there are a million different headphones in this price range, many of them are very good. You will probably get 100 different recommendations here honestly, my favorite being the A900X. I'm sure you will get the opinions about the Beyer DT's, ultrasone's, Denon's, Senn's, Grado's. This is honestly a very common question as many people like to look at headphones in this range, probably could find a hundred opinions without another thread , no offense intended of course.
BTW: Atmosphere isn't even close to being considered spoken word, just sayin'
The 598's will be pretty dry in the bass region of that genre. You may think about throwing the Beyerdynamic DT770 Limited Edition (32 ohm) into the mix and also, take a look at the Logitech UE6000 thread.
I've owned both the UE's and the D600, but I kept the D600. The UE 6000 is nice, and a good deal for the price, but it was just too dark for me in passive mode (it sounded like everything had a veil over it). For hip-hop, the D600's are a good choice. The bass on them is top notch (better than the original D5000's even when modded, and rivaling LCD-2 quality), but the mids and highs are all funky. A lot of people like them, and a lot of others don't. I personally don't really love the mids/highs on them, but I would hate for that to influence your opinion, they're really cans that you need to try out for yourself to see if you like them.
On that note, I'm assuming from your name that you're in SF? If so, the best buys around here tend to have them on display in the fancy 'Magnolia' section of their stores so you can try them out (and they also have the UE 6000's on display with the other 'cheaper' headphones too). So you can just go there and try them both out in one go. The Best Buy on geary I believe had both in stock and on display last I recall, I only mention it cause I'm not sure if the one on harrison has the D600's.
Anyways, I just ordered a pair of M100's too, so I'll see how they stack up once they get here later this week. No idea about the other phones though.
- HELP! HE-300 vs D600 vs MTPG vs M100 vs Others!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › FiiO X7, what is your dream DAP? 4 seconds ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 1 minute ago
- › Rank the IEM's you've heard 1 minute ago
- › Grado GR 10 Brand new 250.00 1 minute ago
- › Reviews + impressions thread: Final Audio Design Pandora Hope VI... 2 minutes ago
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 3 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO X1, the new start of the high-res DAP with individual DAC and... 6 minutes ago
- › Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Electronic Music Exchange (House, DnB, Dubstep, etc.) 7 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Currawong
- › RHA T10i by Audiophile1811
- › Schiit Valhalla by Willy 2 Streams
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by quajaebisquiti
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by earfonia
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Terja
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by xonarboy87
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by TheGame21x
- › Sony Walkman NWZ-A10 by castleofargh
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad900x by manbear
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)