- 3 Posts. Joined 1/2013
- Select All Posts By This User
- productSkullcandy x Mix Master Mike Mix Master Headphonestagged by System, 3/5/13
Related Forum Threads
- SkullCandy Mix Master (New in box) Last post on 11/6/13 at 2:20pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Skullcandy Mix Master Mike BTC/LTC /USD Accepted Last post on 7/22/13 at 7:26am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Opinion on: Skullcandy Mix Master Over-Ear Headphones with Microphone Last post on 7/17/13 at 1:22am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Should I buy the Mix Master SkullCandy? Last post on 7/10/13 at 10:24am in Headphones (full-size)
- Audio Tehnica M50 vs Skullcandy Mix Master Last post on 3/26/13 at 2:43am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: Yesterday
The new iteration of the Brainwavz R3 is an intriguing earphone. They’re large earphones, each side containing two dynamic drivers in big pill shaped aluminium housings. They currently retail for...
INTRODUCTION First of all, a big THANK YOU to Michael Lin from FIDUE for providing the review unit. It is much appreciated, and my humble ears are feeling so incredibly honoured to be...
iBasso D-Zero MKII Review iBasso is a very common name out there on the forums now, with their DX50 and DX90 gaining a rather large user base. I have reviewed both the DX50 and DX90 and I found...
These headphones generally are excellent. They possess this remarkable mixture of openness and intimacy at the same time. There’s a true sense of soundstage, with a good width and depth and still...
Brainwavz S0 Quick Review Thanks to mp4nation for the sample. Full Review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/743834/brainwavz-s0-review-by-mark2410 Brief: The S5 has a baby...
Pioneer HDJ-2000 vs Skullcandy Mix Master
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I've only auditioned the Mix Master briefly, but from memory it wasn't quite as bassy as the HDJ-2000 but perhaps flatter since the Pioneer has more of a hump in the midbass.
Have you considered build quality?
I couldn't quite determine the sound quality of the Mix Masters from a noisy environment at which I auditioned them,
but they felt quite flimsy and squeaky in my hands.
Pioneers are leaps and bounds better in build quality than the Mix Masters.
Lastly, market prices for Pioneer HDJ-2000's are about $215,
as opposed to Skullcandy, which are about $299.
I would easily choose the Pioneer over Skullcandy.
Okay thanks and I have one more question, I have the Sennheiser HD 518's and these are gonna be my upgrade from them to be used on the go cause I feel the 518's are too bulky and the cord is too long. Do the Pioneers have better sound especially when it comes to bass? Just curious.
As DJ headphones, the pioneers will have more bass, can't comment on the sound quality though, having never listened to the HDJ2000 or the 518.
From my experience, the Pioneer HDJ 2000 has average bass.
It has the thump and the punch, but not quite clean.
However, it has very pleasing mids in exchange.
Cannot comment on the 518 as I have not heard them.
If you are looking for portability, bass, and style, however,
I would like to recommend the following cans as well:
HDJ 500 (2000's younger brother. Presumably more refined bass than 2000)
and check out HDJ 2000's bass mod somewhere on this forum
That would have been mine...
Actually after changing things around a few times, it's not so much a boost as it flattens out the hump and improves extension.
I really don't like HDJ-500's comfort, but then again I do hate all on-ears..
I have both. the skullcandy has more bass and is more easily driven from a portable source. the pioneer is actually rather balanced for a dj headphone, sounds great to a headfier, but might be a little bass shy to a basshead
- Pioneer HDJ-2000 vs Skullcandy Mix Master
- › Amp recommendations for Audeze LCD-3 59 seconds ago
- › Manchester UK meet anyone? 2 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 2 minutes ago
- › Post A Photograph Of Your Turntable 2 minutes ago
- › X5 firmware 2.34Beta--Now Playing gets a good memory, APE cuesheets 4 minutes ago
- › 1964 EARS V6 Discussion & Appreciation Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Need some help in deciding which upgrade cable to buy for my Shure... 6 minutes ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 6 minutes ago
- › Official Sennheiser URBANITE Australian review tour -- REVIEWERS... 8 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 8 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by lecky
- › FIDUE A71 Dual Dynamic Drivers Hi-Fi Earphones by djvkool
- › iBasso Audio D-Zero MK2 by lin0003
- › Audio Technica ATH-A900X | Art Monitor Headphones (Japan Import) by Mink
- › Brainwavz S0 In-Ear Headphones by mark2410
- › Creative Sound Blaster E3 Headphone Amplifier by ClieOS
- › Blue Microphones Mo-Fi Powered High-Fidelity Headphones with... by MacedonianHero
- › Basic K3 by nino9
- › Cowon iAUDIO 7 16Gb by Climber
- › Audio-Technica ATH-AD700X Audiophile Open-Air Headphones by TheHeadPhoneGuy
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)