- 3 Posts. Joined 1/2013
- Select All Posts By This User
- productSkullcandy x Mix Master Mike Mix Master Headphonestagged by System, 3/5/13
Related Forum Threads
- SkullCandy Mix Master (New in box) Last post on 11/6/13 at 2:20pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Skullcandy Mix Master Mike BTC/LTC /USD Accepted Last post on 7/22/13 at 7:26am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Opinion on: Skullcandy Mix Master Over-Ear Headphones with Microphone Last post on 7/17/13 at 1:22am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Audio Tehnica M50 vs Skullcandy Mix Master Last post on 3/26/13 at 2:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Skullcandy Mixmaster Appreciation Thread Last post on 3/8/14 at 6:59am in Headphones (full-size)
I enjoy these headphones very much. A beautiful sound, clear and natural with a tight bass. I am a bit surprised such small cans can sounds so good. The wood finish might not suit everyone, but...
INTRODUCTION Build quality is excellent. This is my second headphone review.M40x is a recent release from Audio Technica,it is a...
PACKAGING : Earphones cames with a nice little box and 2 pair of white foamies (1 pair of donut and 1 pair of classic covered). I’m always using donuts one since it provides some slightly more...
First I’d like to thank Salsera and Brainwavz for sending me a review sample of the S5. Brainwavz are a brand that I am quite familiar with. They have many IEMs that are often praised on Head-Fi...
This is a Review of FiiO E11k portable headphone amplifier. http://www.fiio.com.cn/products/index.aspx?ID=100000060416193&MenuID=105026001, available from FiiO's US distributor MICCA Store:...
Pioneer HDJ-2000 vs Skullcandy Mix Master
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I've only auditioned the Mix Master briefly, but from memory it wasn't quite as bassy as the HDJ-2000 but perhaps flatter since the Pioneer has more of a hump in the midbass.
Have you considered build quality?
I couldn't quite determine the sound quality of the Mix Masters from a noisy environment at which I auditioned them,
but they felt quite flimsy and squeaky in my hands.
Pioneers are leaps and bounds better in build quality than the Mix Masters.
Lastly, market prices for Pioneer HDJ-2000's are about $215,
as opposed to Skullcandy, which are about $299.
I would easily choose the Pioneer over Skullcandy.
Okay thanks and I have one more question, I have the Sennheiser HD 518's and these are gonna be my upgrade from them to be used on the go cause I feel the 518's are too bulky and the cord is too long. Do the Pioneers have better sound especially when it comes to bass? Just curious.
As DJ headphones, the pioneers will have more bass, can't comment on the sound quality though, having never listened to the HDJ2000 or the 518.
From my experience, the Pioneer HDJ 2000 has average bass.
It has the thump and the punch, but not quite clean.
However, it has very pleasing mids in exchange.
Cannot comment on the 518 as I have not heard them.
If you are looking for portability, bass, and style, however,
I would like to recommend the following cans as well:
HDJ 500 (2000's younger brother. Presumably more refined bass than 2000)
and check out HDJ 2000's bass mod somewhere on this forum
That would have been mine...
Actually after changing things around a few times, it's not so much a boost as it flattens out the hump and improves extension.
I really don't like HDJ-500's comfort, but then again I do hate all on-ears..
I have both. the skullcandy has more bass and is more easily driven from a portable source. the pioneer is actually rather balanced for a dj headphone, sounds great to a headfier, but might be a little bass shy to a basshead
- Pioneer HDJ-2000 vs Skullcandy Mix Master
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Chord Hugo 25 seconds ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 1 minute ago
- › I got kicked out of Stereo Exchange 1 minute ago
- › OPPO PM-2 Is Available - Post Your Impressions Here 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 5 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 6 minutes ago
- › based on the specs, which one of these computer speakers is better 7 minutes ago
- › Moddified AKG K545 9 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 10 minutes ago
- › ATH-ESW10JPN by bluelines
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M40x Professional Headphones by krishtrinity1
- › Baldoor EarBell E100 by subwoof3r
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by lin0003
- › FiiO Kilimanjaro 2 (E11K) Portable Headphone Amplifier by twister6
- › Audio Technica Sonic Fuel ATH-CKX9iS In-ear Headphones with In-line... by TheAfterEffect
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by eke2k6
- › ASUS Essence III by 00lunar
- › HiFiMAN RE-600 by TheGame21x
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by Klonatans
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)