- 3 Posts. Joined 1/2013
- Select All Posts By This User
- productSkullcandy x Mix Master Mike Mix Master Headphonestagged by System, 3/5/13
Related Forum Threads
- SkullCandy Mix Master (New in box) Last post on 11/6/13 at 2:20pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Skullcandy Mix Master Mike BTC/LTC /USD Accepted Last post on 7/22/13 at 7:26am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Opinion on: Skullcandy Mix Master Over-Ear Headphones with Microphone Last post on 7/17/13 at 1:22am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Audio Tehnica M50 vs Skullcandy Mix Master Last post on 3/26/13 at 2:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Skullcandy Mixmaster Appreciation Thread Last post on 3/8/14 at 6:59am in Headphones (full-size)
Thanks to Oppo Digital Japan for allowing us to borrow the PM-1 and HA-1. Oppo coming out with a pair of headphones was quite a surprised, especially a pair of planars. Likewise the HA-1,...
Brainwavs are at it again with their new 10mm dynamic driver based IEM named "S5". I must say I was intrigued to try the new sample and where they'd come from Brainwavs B2 I owned many months...
A decade ago; I had bought into the crappy Logitech Bluetooth devices which I swore NEVER to buy again deeming it a bad technology. Ten years later; I now needed an in wireless in-ear device for...
I was looking for a cheap and cheerful, fun sounding closed can for listening at my computer at work and some limited portable use. I typically listen to EDM in this setting and had been using the...
I built my first ever PC with this sound card, I had already brought a Asus board that has SupremeFX and well the ZxR dethroned the Asus immediately. I have not heard any of the Asus Xonar PCIe...
Pioneer HDJ-2000 vs Skullcandy Mix Master
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I've only auditioned the Mix Master briefly, but from memory it wasn't quite as bassy as the HDJ-2000 but perhaps flatter since the Pioneer has more of a hump in the midbass.
Have you considered build quality?
I couldn't quite determine the sound quality of the Mix Masters from a noisy environment at which I auditioned them,
but they felt quite flimsy and squeaky in my hands.
Pioneers are leaps and bounds better in build quality than the Mix Masters.
Lastly, market prices for Pioneer HDJ-2000's are about $215,
as opposed to Skullcandy, which are about $299.
I would easily choose the Pioneer over Skullcandy.
Okay thanks and I have one more question, I have the Sennheiser HD 518's and these are gonna be my upgrade from them to be used on the go cause I feel the 518's are too bulky and the cord is too long. Do the Pioneers have better sound especially when it comes to bass? Just curious.
As DJ headphones, the pioneers will have more bass, can't comment on the sound quality though, having never listened to the HDJ2000 or the 518.
From my experience, the Pioneer HDJ 2000 has average bass.
It has the thump and the punch, but not quite clean.
However, it has very pleasing mids in exchange.
Cannot comment on the 518 as I have not heard them.
If you are looking for portability, bass, and style, however,
I would like to recommend the following cans as well:
HDJ 500 (2000's younger brother. Presumably more refined bass than 2000)
and check out HDJ 2000's bass mod somewhere on this forum
That would have been mine...
Actually after changing things around a few times, it's not so much a boost as it flattens out the hump and improves extension.
I really don't like HDJ-500's comfort, but then again I do hate all on-ears..
I have both. the skullcandy has more bass and is more easily driven from a portable source. the pioneer is actually rather balanced for a dj headphone, sounds great to a headfier, but might be a little bass shy to a basshead
- Pioneer HDJ-2000 vs Skullcandy Mix Master
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › HD600 cable upgrade - worth it? 26 seconds ago
- › Topping NX1 1 minute ago
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 IEM 2 minutes ago
- › Soundmagic HP150 impressions thread. 3 minutes ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 3 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 4 minutes ago
- › New Beyer DT1350 6 minutes ago
- › Bakoon HPA-21 headphone amplifier 7 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 7 minutes ago
- › T-PEOS Altone200 - 3 - Way - Hybrid introduction / impressions -... 9 minutes ago
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by H20Fidelity
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › AKG K267 by Blinxat
- › AKG K490 NC by MP3guy
- › Corsair Vengeance 2000 Wireless 7.1 Gaming Headset (CA-9011115-NA) by DallasDanielle
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)