- 3 Posts. Joined 1/2013
- Select All Posts By This User
- productSkullcandy x Mix Master Mike Mix Master Headphonestagged by System, 3/5/13
Related Forum Threads
- SkullCandy Mix Master (New in box) Last post on 11/6/13 at 2:20pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Skullcandy Mix Master Mike BTC/LTC /USD Accepted Last post on 7/22/13 at 7:26am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Opinion on: Skullcandy Mix Master Over-Ear Headphones with Microphone Last post on 7/17/13 at 1:22am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Audio Tehnica M50 vs Skullcandy Mix Master Last post on 3/26/13 at 2:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Skullcandy Mixmaster Appreciation Thread Last post on 3/8/14 at 6:59am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
I will bypass the quality of their sound, as pretty much everyone has covered this topic above me... I have to say, I was not impressed with their cable quality, but apart from this, it seems to...
I am going to keep this short. SOURCE: Cowon C2 320 Kbps Mp3 and Flac files. GOOD: - Fits my ear properly. I am sure, whatever i do, they won't fall off. - Isolation, is...
Welcome to another review , today we have the J46BT IEM by JBL I will have a video review linked to this review soon but ...that's the future , this IEM was quite interesting since its...
Nothing is perfect & these earbuds are certainly a compromise. None the less, they are not too bright, not too boomy, not too recessed, & not too expensive. The sound is overall rich & smooth;...
I bought these to replace my Sennheiser HD25-I as they were quite uncomfortable to use for extended periods of time. Whilst these are incredibly comfortable, the sound isn't something I'm used...
Pioneer HDJ-2000 vs Skullcandy Mix Masterpost #1 of 141/24/13 at 6:53pmThread StarterI'm choosing between these two headphones to use for portable use (style did play a part in the choices). I have seen many good reviews on both headphones when it comes to sound quality, and now I just need to compare the two. I would really like to know which has better bass in terms of quality and quantity, that's a big factor for me because its for on the go fun listening. I usually listen to hip hop, a little dubstep recently, and rock. So if anyone has listened to both of these and can help it would be appreciated, thank you
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 141/24/13 at 7:00pm
I've only auditioned the Mix Master briefly, but from memory it wasn't quite as bassy as the HDJ-2000 but perhaps flatter since the Pioneer has more of a hump in the midbass.post #3 of 141/24/13 at 8:29pm
Have you considered build quality?
I couldn't quite determine the sound quality of the Mix Masters from a noisy environment at which I auditioned them,
but they felt quite flimsy and squeaky in my hands.
Pioneers are leaps and bounds better in build quality than the Mix Masters.
Lastly, market prices for Pioneer HDJ-2000's are about $215,
as opposed to Skullcandy, which are about $299.
I would easily choose the Pioneer over Skullcandy.
-KoreWestpost #4 of 141/24/13 at 10:11pmThread StarterThanks for the responses guys and yes I have considered build quality, I did read some reviews on the skullcandys about the headband cracking so that kinda scares me away from them. But they do have a lifetime warranty which is great, just wouldn't want to have to use it alot. I think I'll go with the pioneers, I like the new white style they have. Only bad thing about them is the fact that they don't come with a straight cable. Do you know if there are any that you can buy separate, its not a big problem if there isn't.post #5 of 141/25/13 at 12:03ampost #6 of 141/25/13 at 11:05ampost #7 of 141/25/13 at 11:21ampost #8 of 141/25/13 at 5:15pmThread StarterOkay thanks and I have one more question, I have the Sennheiser HD 518's and these are gonna be my upgrade from them to be used on the go cause I feel the 518's are too bulky and the cord is too long. Do the Pioneers have better sound especially when it comes to bass? Just curious.post #9 of 141/25/13 at 5:29pmpost #10 of 141/25/13 at 5:36pmQuote:Originally Posted by TJKuhn
Okay thanks and I have one more question, I have the Sennheiser HD 518's and these are gonna be my upgrade from them to be used on the go cause I feel the 518's are too bulky and the cord is too long. Do the Pioneers have better sound especially when it comes to bass? Just curious.
As DJ headphones, the pioneers will have more bass, can't comment on the sound quality though, having never listened to the HDJ2000 or the 518.post #11 of 141/25/13 at 9:42pm
From my experience, the Pioneer HDJ 2000 has average bass.
It has the thump and the punch, but not quite clean.
However, it has very pleasing mids in exchange.
Cannot comment on the 518 as I have not heard them.
If you are looking for portability, bass, and style, however,
I would like to recommend the following cans as well:
HDJ 500 (2000's younger brother. Presumably more refined bass than 2000)
and check out HDJ 2000's bass mod somewhere on this forumpost #12 of 141/25/13 at 10:48pm
That would have been mine...
Actually after changing things around a few times, it's not so much a boost as it flattens out the hump and improves extension.post #13 of 141/26/13 at 4:11amQuote:
I really don't like HDJ-500's comfort, but then again I do hate all on-ears..post #14 of 141/26/13 at 4:48am
I have both. the skullcandy has more bass and is more easily driven from a portable source. the pioneer is actually rather balanced for a dj headphone, sounds great to a headfier, but might be a little bass shy to a basshead
- Pioneer HDJ-2000 vs Skullcandy Mix Master
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › FS: Shure SRH 1840 like new 4 seconds ago
- › The NEW JVC FX850..Woodie perfection?. (A review) 55 seconds ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 1 minute ago
- › Best Isolation Amongst Listed Headphones 2 minutes ago
- › Fresh outta CES: The Hifiman HE-400i and HE-560 2 minutes ago
- › [Review] Superlux HD681 EVO 3 minutes ago
- › Headphone Sightings 2 3 minutes ago
- › VSONIC GR07 Impressions & Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Beats Studio Over-Ear Headphones (White) 4 minutes ago
- › Samson resolv 65a Speaker fix? 5 minutes ago
- › AKG K 518 LE Limited Edition Folding Headphones - Red by kalpman
- › Sennheiser CX 685 SPORTS In-Ear Canal Headphones - Black by wrathzombie
- › JBL J46BT Bluetooth Wireless In-Ear Stereo Headphone by MrTechAgent
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by Head-Head
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by G2F
- › ALO Audio The National by pieman3141
- › Ferrari AAV-1LFH009K Cavallino T350 Over-Ear Headphones by ourfpshero
- › T-Peos H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid by H20Fidelity
- › Asus Xonar DGX by SSSN
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Headphone by stpope
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude