The absolute king of sub 50$ headphones is the JVC ha-rx700. I've tried many budget headphones, and they are still the best. Very large though.
Related Forum Threads
- Creative Aurvana Live! vs CitiScape Uptown vs Sennheiser Amperior Last post on 6/9/13 at 9:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Creative Aurvana Live! Last post on 6/1/13 at 11:08pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Creative aurvana live or creative aurvana x-fi vs grado sr60i - which one? Last post on 5/22/13 at 9:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Which should I get Denon AHD1100 vs Creative Aurvana live vs Sennheiser hd 449 Last post on 5/9/13 at 2:04am in Headphones (full-size)
- Sony MDR ZX-700 vs Creative Aurvana Live! Last post on 4/22/13 at 6:59am in Headphones (full-size)
15 closed headphones to choose from (shooting for ~50 wingwangs) - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Thanks - I will consider the JVCs. Just for anyone else looking in a lower price range - the Monoprice 8323s are great headphones, but they don't perform as well and aren't as comfortable as the HD419. Because they're approximately the same price, I would definitely buy the HD419 instead (for those looking to spend ~$30). I just ordered a pair of the Somics mentioned in another thread, and I'll update with how those are.
Also, surprisingly, my PX100s remain the best-sounding of the bunch. I had thought that they would be outperformed by a full-size can, but they are yet to be beaten in my price range (at least for me).
Edited by fouronenine - 2/8/13 at 3:39am
Update - Specifically, I ordered the Somic EFI-82MT. I did a bit of research into the company, and they rebrand several OEMs of varying quality. Their ear clips are foster ($8 for a $50 foster). I'll update this thread with a review, but the delivery might take a while (Chinese new year).
It's fascinating - I got the PX100s over five years ago and assumed I was missing out by not buying something full-size, but really, it's the best I've tried (and I tried the CAL!).
The CAL beats in every category except durability - the build is not as rigid. If you have the Grado sr60 now, the dj100 uses the same driver (albeit in a closed can). The CAL uses a Denon (foster oem) driver.
Thanks for the replies - really appreciate it. I just picked up the Monoprice 8323 - kinda meh. I'm now deciding between the HD 595/555, CAL, Superlux 668b/681, and Takstar Hi2050. As I already have the Monoprice and HD419, I don't consider isolation to be a necessity. Also, I have a pair of PX100s (which are awesome), so feel free to compare against that. Thanks!
which did you end up getting and can you do a review?
- 15 closed headphones to choose from (shooting for ~50 wingwangs)
- › Creative Sound Blaster new série Z 9 seconds ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW Philips Fidelio S2. Shockingly amazing... 4 minutes ago
- › iMac digital output 6 minutes ago
- › Denon AH-D7000 the ultimate basshead cans? 6 minutes ago
- › THE BEATLES ARE OVERRATED 6 minutes ago
- › AK100 Stage 2 Mod 7 minutes ago
- › Unique Melody Miracle Review & Appreciation Thread 7 minutes ago
- › The Stax thread (New) 7 minutes ago
- › How Do You Discover Music? 8 minutes ago
- › Unique Melody Miracle 6-BA CIEM Review 8 minutes ago
- › Apple iPod classic 160 GB Silver (7th Generation) NEWEST MODEL by jensy
- › Sony MDR-V55/BR DJ style Headphones by dietcoke2am
- › Creative Sound Blaster Tactic 3D Sigma USB Gaming Headset by imagic
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Headphone by David Chavez
- › iBasso DX100 Reference DAP by Poetic
- › Razer Tiamat 7.1 by helmutssss
- › Sony Xperia S Black by TheBrutux168
- › Xonar U7 - 7.1 USB-Soundkarte by pietcux
- › Shure SE215 Special Edition by Landon Watson
- › AKG K451 High-Performance Foldable Mini Headset (Black) by tintoy
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe