Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › JDS Labs C5/C5D (pg96) portable amp/amp+DAC appreciation + discussion thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

JDS Labs C5/C5D (pg96) portable amp/amp+DAC appreciation + discussion thread - Page 114

post #1696 of 2744
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyBleu View Post


I currently run the DX50 with the C5, and you can find out what I think of the pairing in my C5 review, which is located in my signature below. smily_headphones1.gif

As of the X5, we're not tooaurehow that'll turn out, seeing that it has yet to be officially released.

 

 

FYI THE X5 is official and on sale in China.  Check it out on the website. :)

 

http://fiio.net/cn/products/index.aspx?ID=100000055517771&MenuID=105026016

post #1697 of 2744
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerryberry View Post


FYI THE X5 is official and on sale in China.  Check it out on the website. smily_headphones1.gif

http://fiio.net/cn/products/index.aspx?ID=100000055517771&MenuID=105026016

Oh, my bad then!

Sorry. smily_headphones1.gif
post #1698 of 2744
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyBleu View Post


Oh, my bad then!

Sorry. smily_headphones1.gif

BTW i just saw u have a v moda m100 as well :) hws the bass with that and the c5. And btw where did u get your very cool interconnect cable from ? the white one ? between your dx and c5 ?

post #1699 of 2744
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerryberry View Post

BTW i just saw u have a v moda m100 as well smily_headphones1.gif hws the bass with that and the c5. And btw where did u get your very cool interconnect cable from ? the white one ? between your dx and c5 ?
The bass when the M100 are paired with the C5 with bass boost on...is bass monstrosity at its finest. The entire low frequency has great depth and texture, and hits harder than ever. EDM fan? This combo will make you feel like you got a rave party going off in your head, haha.

The pure silver interconnect that you speak of, was made by this eBay seller (http://www.ebay.com.au/usr/onest11). Great little cable, and all you need to do is shoot him an email/eBay message and tell him what lengths/wires you want in place, and he'll give you a price if he can do it. My friend bought my cable for me, soim not 100% sure what went down between him and the seller, but I'm quite certain what I said above is still valid. smily_headphones1.gif
Edited by SkyBleu - 12/14/13 at 5:27am
post #1700 of 2744
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerryberry View Post
 

 

 

FYI THE X5 is official and on sale in China.  Check it out on the website. :)

 

http://fiio.net/cn/products/index.aspx?ID=100000055517771&MenuID=105026016

 

Only on the Chinese version of the site.  Click "English" and you'll only see the X3.

 

.....

 

and I want one (X5)!  Should pair nicely with the C5.

C5 + X5 = Hi-Res Goodness... do the math :D


Edited by ThurstonX - 12/14/13 at 9:37am
post #1701 of 2744
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThurstonX View Post

Only on the Chinese version of the site.  Click "English" and you'll only see the X3.

.....

and I want one (X5)!  Should pair nicely with the C5.
C5 + X5 = Hi-Res Goodness... do the math biggrin.gif
CX-5 Combo!
post #1702 of 2744

I was thinking the same.. CX-5 would be delicious !!!

post #1703 of 2744
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerryberry View Post
 

I was thinking the same.. CX-5 would be delicious !!!

I'm actually thinking about it. I do like the design of the X5 and it's UI. Hopefully it's bug free and doesn't have that warm/bassy sound signature that the FiiO amps had, and it'll win my heart over. 

post #1704 of 2744
I just got mine and it plays very nice with my Nexus7, although you still need two damn cables to connect the whole thing. If someone finds out where to buy a micro USB to mini USB direct cable, I would appreciate it!

On the other hand, when I use it at work, is just sitting next to my laptop and powers my AKG K550 with punch and the extra bass gain switch really helps the low freq that are lacking on these headphones (often critizized).

By the way, I purchased it from headphoniaks in Spain and they shipped it in 24 hrs:

http://headphoniaks.com/gb/amplifiersdacs/83-jds-c5d-amplifier-dac-headphones.html
Edited by RuRu - 12/15/13 at 3:28am
post #1705 of 2744

May I ask how is the C5D working with Shure SE846?

 

I am currently using an iPod Classic latest version.

 

Has anybody tried? Thanks heaps!

post #1706 of 2744
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenthelld View Post

Thank you for your HP100+C5D impressions. I owned the HP100s but ended up sending them back as I didn't entirely love their sound. I felt they were a little hollow sounding, but I thought it was probably down to lack of proper amping. Do the HP100s sound a little fuller/warmer to you with the C5D? Or did you feel they were full enough before anyway?

 

Well, on my frist day using the C5D on public transport, I accidentally plugged the HP100 into the headphone jack of my HTC One, and I was only listening to talk radio but then when I put some music on, I noticed a difference in the sound so I switched it over to the C5D output jack and I did notice a shift (for the better) in how the HP100s sound.

 

That is only based on a couple of minutes of use though, my previous experience with the HP100 was good due to the fact I always used an equalizer.

post #1707 of 2744

I currently own a xonar stx and was planning to upgrade to either an odac/o2 or c5d. 

 

Which do you think is "better"? Here in my country they are priced relatively close. I will be using them for music and some gaming. 

 

Cans I'll be using Q701 / HE400 / HD598.

post #1708 of 2744
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulrave View Post

I currently own a xonar stx and was planning to upgrade to either an odac/o2 or c5d. 

Which do you think is "better"? Here in my country they are priced relatively close. I will be using them for music and some gaming. 

Cans I'll be using Q701 / HE400 / HD598.

If you are not planning to use it as mobile amp/dac C5D makes sense. But if you will use it exclusively on your desktop O2+DAC will serve you better
post #1709 of 2744
Quote:
Originally Posted by headwhacker View Post


If you are not planning to use it as mobile amp/dac C5D makes sense. But if you will use it exclusively on your desktop O2+DAC will serve you better

 

Now that I think of it, I kinda want to use it for my laptop or ipad at work... Does the odac work on iOS devices? I'm kinda leaning towards the C5D because I don't need to plug the amp to a wall socket, But if the quality of the dac / amp of o2+odac combo is cleaner and better than the C5D, I will go for the o2+odac and just make it my desktop gear at home.

post #1710 of 2744
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulrave View Post
 

 

Now that I think of it, I kinda want to use it for my laptop or ipad at work... Does the odac work on iOS devices? I'm kinda leaning towards the C5D because I don't need to plug the amp to a wall socket, But if the quality of the dac / amp of o2+odac combo is cleaner and better than the C5D, I will go for the o2+odac and just make it my desktop gear at home.

 

The O2 amp overall is better but C5D is not far behind. This is actually what I use most of the time. I have not tried the ODAC. I suppose you are better off with C5D since it's more versatile. Given the C5D's size SQ quality is not night and day.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › JDS Labs C5/C5D (pg96) portable amp/amp+DAC appreciation + discussion thread