Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › JDS Labs C5/C5D (pg96) portable amp/amp+DAC appreciation + discussion thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

JDS Labs C5/C5D (pg96) portable amp/amp+DAC appreciation + discussion thread - Page 80

post #1186 of 2691
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guizan View Post

 

I agree. I came here to ask the exact same question... anyone?

Not too sure what you guys are asking, but if you mean will the C5 be able to drive  the K701 then yes it can drive it no problem and if low gain is not enough for you there's always the high gain setting.

post #1187 of 2691
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guizan View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by imackler View Post

Anyone trying to amp any version of the Q701/K701/K702/Annie with this? I find I use a headphone at home so much more if I don't need to be tethered to a desk top amp. 

 

I agree. I came here to ask the exact same question... anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by imackler View Post

Anyone trying to amp any version of the Q701/K701/K702/Annie with this? I find I use a headphone at home so much more if I don't need to be tethered to a desk top amp. 

I use the K 701 with the C5. It's a tad bit more analytical-sounding compared to the O2, but I like how it makes the imaging a bit more centered since I find the K 701's soundstage with the O2 to be kind of off: very 1D and the center imaging is a bit less pronounced.

 

Movies + K 701 + C5 + bass boost = awesome.

post #1188 of 2691
Hey guys, you know how the C5 blinks to tell us its dying?

After how long of that blinking light will it commit suicide?
post #1189 of 2691
From my previous set, I was getting around 30mins to 1 hour before the battery gone kaput
post #1190 of 2691
Quote:
Originally Posted by akhyar View Post

From my previous set, I was getting around 30mins to 1 hour before the battery gone kaput

Oh, awesome.

I was hoping for an extra thirty minutes or so, so I can go for the last few songs, haha.
post #1191 of 2691

How do you know if your C5 is fully charged?

post #1192 of 2691
Quote:
Originally Posted by baydude View Post

How do you know if your C5 is fully charged?

The charging light turns off.
post #1193 of 2691
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyBleu View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhyar View Post

From my previous set, I was getting around 30mins to 1 hour before the battery gone kaput

Oh, awesome.

I was hoping for an extra thirty minutes or so, so I can go for the last few songs, haha.

You can re-program when the battery light turns on I believe. tongue.gif
post #1194 of 2691
Quote:
Originally Posted by miceblue View Post

You can re-program when the battery light turns on I believe. tongue.gif

Too much effort! Lol
post #1195 of 2691
Quote:
Originally Posted by luisdent View Post

 

Is it possible to make the volume have more steps or be smoother?

 

As of today, volume control resolution is 200-400% finer:

https://github.com/jdslabs/C5_Firmware

 

Original firmware (v1.0.x) changed volume once every 55ms while pressing the volume control. So, holding the control for more than 1/20th of a second resulted in moving at least 2 volume steps. We noticed a few requests here for "more steps", and it took a while to realize that you guys weren't asking for more steps, but for better control of the large number of steps C5 already has. It turns out that the average finger motion results in a volume step change of 3-4dB; this motion should have changed volume by only 1dB. And thus, some of you thought C5 had too few steps. You really needed faster fingers, or better firmware.

 

Today's firmware release (v1.1.0) replaces C5's volume control logic. The amp now changes volume by exactly 1dB for every volume control touch shorter than 0.375 seconds. If you hold the volume control longer, it increases or decreases volume by 1dB every 55 milliseconds. Much easier.

Reply
post #1196 of 2691
Quote:
Originally Posted by jseaber View Post

As of today, volume control resolution is 200-400% finer:
https://github.com/jdslabs/C5_Firmware


Original firmware (v1.0.x) changed volume once every 55ms while pressing the volume control. So, holding the control for more than 1/20th of a second resulted in moving at least 2 volume steps. We noticed a few requests here for "more steps", and it took a while to realize that you guys weren't asking for more steps, but for better control of the large number of steps C5 already has. It turns out that the average finger motion results in a volume step change of 3-4dB; this motion should have changed volume by only 1dB. And thus, some of you thought C5 had too few steps. You really needed faster fingers, or better firmware.


Today's firmware release (v1.1.0) replaces C5's volume control logic. The amp now changes volume by exactly 1dB for every volume control touch shorter than 0.375 seconds. If you hold the volume control longer, it 
increases or decreases volume by 
1dB every 55 milliseconds. Much easier.

Hey, this may be a novice question, but how would i install this new firmware?
post #1197 of 2691
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyBleu View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by jseaber View Post

As of today, volume control resolution is 200-400% finer:
https://github.com/jdslabs/C5_Firmware


Original firmware (v1.0.x) changed volume once every 55ms while pressing the volume control. So, holding the control for more than 1/20th of a second resulted in moving at least 2 volume steps. We noticed a few requests here for "more steps", and it took a while to realize that you guys weren't asking for more steps, but for better control of the large number of steps C5 already has. It turns out that the average finger motion results in a volume step change of 3-4dB; this motion should have changed volume by only 1dB. And thus, some of you thought C5 had too few steps. You really needed faster fingers, or better firmware.


Today's firmware release (v1.1.0) replaces C5's volume control logic. The amp now changes volume by exactly 1dB for every volume control touch shorter than 0.375 seconds. If you hold the volume control longer, it 
increases or decreases volume by 
1dB every 55 milliseconds. Much easier.

Hey, this may be a novice question, but how would i install this new firmware?

Well, you can buy an AVR programmer, solder 3x2 header pins to the C5's PCB, and install it via Arduino. :p

post #1198 of 2691
Quote:
Originally Posted by miceblue View Post

Well, you can buy an AVR programmer, solder 3x2 header pins to the C5's PCB, and install it via Arduino. tongue.gif

Well! Looks like I'll be skipping this update! tongue.gif
post #1199 of 2691
Quote:
Originally Posted by miceblue View Post

Well, you can buy an AVR programmer, solder 3x2 header pins to the C5's PCB, and install it via Arduino. :p

 

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkyBleu View Post


Well! Looks like I'll be skipping this update! tongue.gif

 

Maybe JDS Labs will offer a Return-It-For-Upgrade service... for a nominal fee, of course atsmile.gif

post #1200 of 2691
Quote:
Originally Posted by miceblue View Post

Well, you can buy an AVR programmer, solder 3x2 header pins to the C5's PCB, and install it via Arduino. :p

No way! Is that the only way?! 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › JDS Labs C5/C5D (pg96) portable amp/amp+DAC appreciation + discussion thread