Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › JDS Labs C5/C5D (pg96) portable amp/amp+DAC appreciation + discussion thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

JDS Labs C5/C5D (pg96) portable amp/amp+DAC appreciation + discussion thread - Page 8

post #106 of 2816
Quote:
Originally Posted by putente View Post

 

Yes, exactly! Ence my question and I just want John to confirm that to us all, since he stated he has the final cases ready... popcorn.gif

 

Width of C5 is 1mm smaller. c421 always appeared deceptively large in photos. They're actually similar in footprint.

Reply
post #107 of 2816
Quote:
Originally Posted by jseaber View Post

Width of C5 is 1mm smaller. c421 always appeared deceptively large in photos. They're actually similar in footprint.

 

 

I actually enjoy the c421's size. Nice to know that the C5 is about the same size...

post #108 of 2816

Since the case design is already finalized, I would love to see more pictures.

post #109 of 2816
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoMee View Post

Since the case design is already finalized, I would love to see more pictures.

 

"Pretty" please...

post #110 of 2816

would also like to see if there's any valentine's day edition :D

post #111 of 2816
Quote:
Originally Posted by illusioned View Post

would also like to see if there's any valentine's day edition :D

A red chassis that has "Will you be my Valentine?" laser engraved on the top. XD

 

Actually now that I think about it, having a bright red amp might be kind of cool. Chinese New Year is going on this whole week. :o

post #112 of 2816
Quote:
Originally Posted by miceblue View Post

A red chassis that has "Will you be my Valentine?" laser engraved on the top. XD

Actually now that I think about it, having a bright red amp might be kind of cool. Chinese New Year is going on this whole week. redface.gif

That would match my nord piano!!!
post #113 of 2816

Like many others, I caught whiff of this right before giving in to the urge to buy a Fiio E12. This seems like a MUCH better match for the Momentums and CIEMs I will probably be pairing with it. 

post #114 of 2816
Quote:
Originally Posted by miceblue View Post

A red chassis that has "Will you be my Valentine?" laser engraved on the top. XD

 

Actually now that I think about it, having a bright red amp might be kind of cool. Chinese New Year is going on this whole week. :o


BTW, they plan the pre-order right after Valentine. It will be interesting if they made some red cases.

post #115 of 2816

I do hope JDS could consider using 49990 as E12, or using ad8620. Or at least make it roll-able.

post #116 of 2816
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFan View Post

I do hope JDS could consider using 49990 as E12, or using ad8620. Or at least make it roll-able.

Roll-able as in, user swappable?

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFan View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by miceblue View Post

A red chassis that has "Will you be my Valentine?" laser engraved on the top. XD

 

Actually now that I think about it, having a bright red amp might be kind of cool. Chinese New Year is going on this whole week. :o


BTW, they plan the pre-order right after Valentine. It will be interesting if they made some red cases.

Yeah I know it's the day after Valentine's, but it would still be interesting to see a red option. I was looking at the uDAC-2's colour options and I like the purple one too...and dark blue. XD

post #117 of 2816
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFan View Post


BTW, they plan the pre-order right after Valentine. It will be interesting if they made some red cases.

 

Those 1000+ cases are awaiting anodizing (1-2 day process). This is a tricky game, as colors appear differently based on the metal finish. It's like picking paint colors, except you have to wait 2 days to actually see the shade you picked.

 

We have 5+ shades of black, and we're sampling red and several shades of silver. No pictures until colors are finalized.

Reply
post #118 of 2816
Quote:
Originally Posted by putente View Post

 

I actually enjoy the c421's size. Nice to know that the C5 is about the same size...

 

I super like the C421 size, too. And that being said, I think the C421 w/ the OPA227 is a stellar amp! Am I excited for the C5? Sure. But that doesn't change that if JDS never came out with the C5, I'd still be perfectly happy with the C421. I'm afraid some have indicated that the C421 is a less than great amp. Its a great amp! 

post #119 of 2816
Quote:
Originally Posted by imackler View Post

 

I super like the C421 size, too. And that being said, I think the C421 w/ the OPA227 is a stellar amp! Am I excited for the C5? Sure. But that doesn't change that if JDS never came out with the C5, I'd still be perfectly happy with the C421. I'm afraid some have indicated that the C421 is a less than great amp. Its a great amp! 

 

 

I have to completely agree with you. I've put my c421 for sale as nowadays I just use the iBasso P4 (almost all the time, as it's just pure awesomeness with the opamp setup I have) and the E12 (because of the "new toy" syndrome)! But I enjoy the c421 very much, and there's absolutely nothing wrong with it. It amazed me for a long time, and in the future, I'm almost sure I'll try the C5 too...

post #120 of 2816
Quote:
Originally Posted by luisdent View Post

 

Wait, so if I want to tell someone about his amp, I can't put a link to his page here?  That seems a bit ridiculous a thing to be "illegal"...  Don't mean to stir up an old issue, but his site has some good information on how we hear things and subjective/objective hearing articles.  What is the difference if I tell someone "go to google and look up his subjective hearing article" or if I just past a link to his article?  It doesn't stop anyone from getting to his page, it just makes it more tedious.  Just my thoughts. :-o  I thought this forum was for audiophiles to share information about audio and headphones, etc? :)  I would hope anything that helps that cause would be allowed...  Even if the user isn't.

LOL. Nothing is perfect. Lets keep it about the C5. Everybody says they design for perfect. I like his blog a lot but......

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › JDS Labs C5/C5D (pg96) portable amp/amp+DAC appreciation + discussion thread