I haven't used it on the HE-6. It does very well on both the LCD2 and 3, though. I don't know if that helps.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productApple iPod Touch 5th Generationtagged by dbsaffor, 9/24/13
- productFitEar MH335DW Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by dbsaffor, 9/24/13
- productiBasso DX100 Reference DAPtagged by dbsaffor, 9/24/13
- productSleek Audio CT7tagged by dbsaffor, 9/24/13
- productTopping TP-D1 MKII MK2 USB Sound Audio Card CS4398 USB Decoder External For PC Laptop - Blacktagged by dbsaffor, 9/24/13
- productVentureCraft Go-Dap Xtagged by dbsaffor, 9/24/13
Related Forum Threads
- IPod touch sold ..... And now? Last post on 10/5/13 at 11:32pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- The Sad State Of The So Called Audiophile DAP Market Last post on 11/30/14 at 11:43am in Portable Source Gear
- F.S. iBasso DX100 + free shipping Last post on 1/27/15 at 10:00am in Source Components For Sale / Trade
- Fitear MH335DW Studio Reference Last post on 11/17/14 at 7:18am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Tales from the Batcave - Me and my friends review stuff. Last post on 4/10/15 at 9:44am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 3/10/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)Last edited: 12/7/14
This is my first review on head-fi. I had humble beginnings in my path as an audiophile that only officially started once I got the wonderful AKG K550 and grew more conscious of the link between...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank RIVA Audio team for a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. Thanks to the original Jambox, going back a few years, wireless...
http://www.raysamuelsaudio.com/ It takes a lot of confidence to name your product after the Lockheed SR-71 Blackbird. If your going to honor the legendary mach 3+ strategic reconnaissance...
Every 6 months I've had the pleasure of talking to Shinobu Karaki of Aurorasound at the Tokyo headphone festivals. As an ex-Texas Instruments employee he has come up with some interesting...
For me, the Audeze EL-8Cs satisfy a long awaited two year search for a closed headphone that I can use at work that sound just as good as my home theater setup. I enjoy them so much, that I cannot...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)
ALO audio New amp+DAC : "The International" - Page 7
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Do you know what listening volume you frequent the most? I tend to be safe and rarely if ever exceed 85dB. I tend to keep things between 75 and 80dB. At 12 o'clock, how much headroom is left before squishing of soundstage, flattening of dynamics with HE6? I found it could go almost to 100% on most high Ω headphones. Midrange Ω headphones petered out sooner, but that is typical.
They're a great combo... Only the RWAK sounds better than the AK since what you're essentially doing is double amping..
i do run ak100+alo international with solid silver m2m with oyaide gold jacks.
i use this combo mostly with my EarSonics SM64 or my custom Balanced Beyer Dynamics T5p with alo copper 4pin squared balanced cable.
Amp powerwise, International has lots of power. I usually set to Low Gain for my T5p and Medium Gain for my 112 ohms SM64 to get the punchiness.
the sound is really clean with lost of details. Separation and staging is great too. The Bass is well controlled on my SM64 and punchy on my T5p. Mid is great, not too laid back and not too forward. Just great to my taste. The high is a little bit brighter but still acceptable for my liking. it makes the highs on my SM64 sings better.
overall, i think that international is made to complement ak100 as its pair. the size says it all.
I will post the pics once i have the privilages to do so.
I currently use DX100 + Tralucent T1 amp and wonder if the AK100 or RWAK100 as tranport with Internation as Dac/AMP would perform as well / better. Just using as a transport, does it make a difference if you use AK100 or RWAK100 ? I already asked V0 more or less, but maybe others have inputs.
Oh you mean give on my DX100 for more portability and end up with a larger rig...makes sense, where do I sign ? ;)
- ALO audio New amp+DAC : "The International"
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 2 minutes ago
- › MASS-Kobo Headphone Amp. model404 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 598 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio WA6SE amp + lots of tubes! 5 minutes ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 5 minutes ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 5 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 6 minutes ago
- › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old... 10 minutes ago
- › Need help buying new headphones 11 minutes ago
- › Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid... 11 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by DreamKing
- › Riva TurboX High Performance Premium Mobile Bluetooth Speaker (Black) by twister6
- › Ray Samuels Emmeline "The Black Bird" SR-71A Portable... by Stereocilia
- › Aurorasound HEADA Balanced Headphone Amplifier by Currawong
- › Audeze EL-8 Closed-Back by bearcat1986
- › Bravo Audio Tube Amplifier - V3 by YoYo JoKeR
- › thinksound rain2 Wooden In-Ear Headphone (Gunmetal Chocolate) by DJScope
- › HiFiMAN HE-500 by MrJohnny
- › Shure SE112m+-GR Sound Isolating Earphones with Remote + Microphone... by pformagg
- › MEElectronics M6 PRO Universal-Fit Noise-Isolating Musician’s... by Luckbad
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2