I haven't used it on the HE-6. It does very well on both the LCD2 and 3, though. I don't know if that helps.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productApple iPod Touch 5th Generationtagged by dbsaffor, 9/24/13
- productFitEar MH335DW Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by dbsaffor, 9/24/13
- productiBasso DX100 Reference DAPtagged by dbsaffor, 9/24/13
- productSleek Audio CT7tagged by dbsaffor, 9/24/13
- productTopping TP-D1 MKII MK2 USB Sound Audio Card CS4398 USB Decoder External For PC Laptop - Blacktagged by dbsaffor, 9/24/13
- productVentureCraft Go-Dap Xtagged by dbsaffor, 9/24/13
Related Forum Threads
- IPod touch sold ..... And now? Last post on 10/5/13 at 11:32pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Vivo Xplay 3S with ESS9018 and OPA2604 True? Last post on 12/19/13 at 3:38pm in Portable Source Gear
- Moving from speakers to headphones only (HD800) - to DAC or not to DAC. Last post on 12/18/13 at 10:32am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Increasing HP sensitivity about 5db, does it make a real diference ? Last post on 12/12/13 at 5:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best portable amp for an apple device $100 Last post on 12/10/13 at 1:26am in Portable Headphone Amps
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 12/13/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Wireless Headphones)Last edited: 12/16/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)Last edited: 9/13/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable Devices)Last edited: 12/28/12
I recently traded my ATM-50's since they unfortunately lost lower frequencies and started crackling in the left ear. So I thought "Why not try something different". I was looking for something to...
Intro This was my first real pair of headphones, and they satisfied me for two years. So it is only fitting that my first headphone review be on these awesome headphones. The HD598s are a great...
Introduction First I want to start with an "I'm sorry" because I took so long to write this and to top it off, I feel as if the review was a "waste of time" because, well, I don't see it as very...
This is a review of the Noble 8c, an eight drivers 4 ways ciems. You could check the specs on the noble web site. Please be kind in your critics, as this is my first review ever, and that English...
Porta Pros simply made the biggest difference for me when listening to music as I have switched from some low-end sony in-ear to them and suddenly when playing the same song music became more rich...
ALO audio New amp+DAC : "The International" - Page 7post #91 of 1582/27/13 at 5:42pmpost #92 of 1582/28/13 at 12:03ampost #93 of 1582/28/13 at 12:37amWell it has the voltage and current necessary to headphones down to about 30 ohm with low sensitivity. If you have doubts, try the national with the headphone you want. That will give you an idea as the two perform similarly.post #94 of 1582/28/13 at 4:52ampost #95 of 1582/28/13 at 5:06am
Do you know what listening volume you frequent the most? I tend to be safe and rarely if ever exceed 85dB. I tend to keep things between 75 and 80dB. At 12 o'clock, how much headroom is left before squishing of soundstage, flattening of dynamics with HE6? I found it could go almost to 100% on most high Ω headphones. Midrange Ω headphones petered out sooner, but that is typical.post #96 of 1583/6/13 at 11:46amhas anyone done a true comparison to the Continental V3? I'm interested in either the Continental or the International. For now my main cans are the AKG K702 65th annies and i'd like to add some warmth. Anyone have any suggestions for which one would be best? I do have several iDevices that i'd love to use the DAC with, but first priority goes to warmth. I've been a lurker for so long, I might as well create an account and ask for myself. Thanks in advance!post #97 of 1583/6/13 at 3:50pmpost #98 of 1583/6/13 at 7:56pmpost #99 of 1583/7/13 at 2:31amQuote:
They're a great combo... Only the RWAK sounds better than the AK since what you're essentially doing is double amping..post #100 of 1583/10/13 at 4:25amQuote:
i do run ak100+alo international with solid silver m2m with oyaide gold jacks.
i use this combo mostly with my EarSonics SM64 or my custom Balanced Beyer Dynamics T5p with alo copper 4pin squared balanced cable.
Amp powerwise, International has lots of power. I usually set to Low Gain for my T5p and Medium Gain for my 112 ohms SM64 to get the punchiness.
the sound is really clean with lost of details. Separation and staging is great too. The Bass is well controlled on my SM64 and punchy on my T5p. Mid is great, not too laid back and not too forward. Just great to my taste. The high is a little bit brighter but still acceptable for my liking. it makes the highs on my SM64 sings better.
overall, i think that international is made to complement ak100 as its pair. the size says it all.
I will post the pics once i have the privilages to do so.
jaytee189post #101 of 1584/2/13 at 3:51am
I currently use DX100 + Tralucent T1 amp and wonder if the AK100 or RWAK100 as tranport with Internation as Dac/AMP would perform as well / better. Just using as a transport, does it make a difference if you use AK100 or RWAK100 ? I already asked V0 more or less, but maybe others have inputs.
Thankspost #102 of 1584/2/13 at 4:59ampost #103 of 1584/2/13 at 10:30amThanks...I will have to stick with the Terapost #104 of 1584/2/13 at 11:19ampost #105 of 1584/2/13 at 7:33pm
Oh you mean give on my DX100 for more portability and end up with a larger rig...makes sense, where do I sign ? ;)
- ALO audio New amp+DAC : "The International"
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Wireless Headphones)
- › Vision Ears and Rhines Custom Monitors (formerly Compact Monitors) 29 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum vs Bowers & Wilkins (B&W) P7 1 minute ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Dec 20th 2013 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 2 minutes ago
- › DITA - The Answer (Truth Edition). 2 minutes ago
- › Q701 vs DT990-250 Pro Review 3 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-1R series MK2 4 minutes ago
- › DT990 brightness? 4 minutes ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 5 minutes ago
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by Misterbushido-
- › Ultrasone DJ1 by HybridBlinds
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by davisman
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by gelocks
- › Noble Audio 8C by John0405
- › Koss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open ) by cipurian
- › Project Palaios: Iona by lin0003
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by getclikinagas
- › JAYS T00093 a-JAYS Five Earphones for Android - Black by mark2410
- › Beats Pro Over-Ear Headphone (White) by DigitalGrounder
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by SocialCapital