I haven't used it on the HE-6. It does very well on both the LCD2 and 3, though. I don't know if that helps.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productApple iPod Touch 5th Generationtagged by dbsaffor, 9/24/13
- productFitEar MH335DW Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by dbsaffor, 9/24/13
- productiBasso DX100 Reference DAPtagged by dbsaffor, 9/24/13
- productSleek Audio CT7tagged by dbsaffor, 9/24/13
- productTopping TP-D1 MKII MK2 USB Sound Audio Card CS4398 USB Decoder External For PC Laptop - Blacktagged by dbsaffor, 9/24/13
- productVentureCraft Go-Dap Xtagged by dbsaffor, 9/24/13
Related Forum Threads
- IPod touch sold ..... And now? Last post on 10/5/13 at 11:32pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- The Sad State Of The So Called Audiophile DAP Market Last post on 11/30/14 at 11:43am in Portable Source Gear
- Fitear MH335DW Studio Reference Last post on 11/17/14 at 7:18am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Tales from the Batcave - Me and my friends review stuff. Last post on 11/18/14 at 4:10pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Nocturnal Hybrid IEM and cable Tour. Last post on 12/16/14 at 8:19pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 12/1/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)Last edited: 12/7/14
These are great headphones I was turned onto from the forum. On this forum you have to assess who is enthusiastic about what. Generally, there is a difference between enthusiasm from novices...
Some Background: I’m currently 18 years old which as little as that matters to me seems to be interesting to many people in this community. I’ve always liked music... [[SPOILER]] . Prelude:I...
I Ventured to buy those headphones fater a massive discount in pre-christmas sales here in mexico, for $178 USD i consider them to be a great buy The construction of those cans seems to be...
This is gonna be a simple review BASS For a $7 in ear it is actually really good. A little overbearing at times but quite articulate considering the price. MIDS They are not airy and vocals by...
These headphones sound very precise and balanced. You will hear your music as it was recorded, mixed, and mastered which is the approach I prefer to trying to find headphones that try to EQ things...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)
ALO audio New amp+DAC : "The International" - Page 7
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Do you know what listening volume you frequent the most? I tend to be safe and rarely if ever exceed 85dB. I tend to keep things between 75 and 80dB. At 12 o'clock, how much headroom is left before squishing of soundstage, flattening of dynamics with HE6? I found it could go almost to 100% on most high Ω headphones. Midrange Ω headphones petered out sooner, but that is typical.
They're a great combo... Only the RWAK sounds better than the AK since what you're essentially doing is double amping..
i do run ak100+alo international with solid silver m2m with oyaide gold jacks.
i use this combo mostly with my EarSonics SM64 or my custom Balanced Beyer Dynamics T5p with alo copper 4pin squared balanced cable.
Amp powerwise, International has lots of power. I usually set to Low Gain for my T5p and Medium Gain for my 112 ohms SM64 to get the punchiness.
the sound is really clean with lost of details. Separation and staging is great too. The Bass is well controlled on my SM64 and punchy on my T5p. Mid is great, not too laid back and not too forward. Just great to my taste. The high is a little bit brighter but still acceptable for my liking. it makes the highs on my SM64 sings better.
overall, i think that international is made to complement ak100 as its pair. the size says it all.
I will post the pics once i have the privilages to do so.
I currently use DX100 + Tralucent T1 amp and wonder if the AK100 or RWAK100 as tranport with Internation as Dac/AMP would perform as well / better. Just using as a transport, does it make a difference if you use AK100 or RWAK100 ? I already asked V0 more or less, but maybe others have inputs.
Oh you mean give on my DX100 for more portability and end up with a larger rig...makes sense, where do I sign ? ;)
- ALO audio New amp+DAC : "The International"
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 10/15/2014:... 21 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 46 seconds ago
- › Concise Multi-IEM Comparison (FINAL UPDATE March. 1st, 2013) 51 seconds ago
- › The NEW Cayin C5 portable power house. 1 minute ago
- › ~AKG K618DJ~ Discussion & Review Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Tera Player Thread - 24 bit WAV music player ( impressions,... 2 minutes ago
- › Post Your Photography Here #2 (new dial-up 800X600 friendly) 2 minutes ago
- › Recommend me a good set of over ear closed headphones for metal and... 2 minutes ago
- › The Schiitstorm: Next-Gen Magni 2 and Modi 2 Family! 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › beyerynamic DT 150 Compact Closed Headphone (250 Ohms) by jdpark
- › EarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEM by Mitchell4500
- › Sony MDR-1R by gerelmx1986
- › Panasonic RP-HJE120-K In-Ear Earbud Ergo-Fit Headphone (Black) by JAMEZTHEBOI
- › thinksound on1 Supra-Aural On-Ear Monitor Wooden Headphone by Pacal
- › Astell&Kern AK100II High Resolution Single DAC Audio Player... by musikaladin
- › Sennheiser HD 280 Headphones by Galvatron
- › SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 4 GB MP3 Player (Red) by Mitchell4500
- › Shure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphone by Mitchell4500
- › Sennheiser HD 800 Headphones by dreamwhisper
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)