I haven't used it on the HE-6. It does very well on both the LCD2 and 3, though. I don't know if that helps.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productApple iPod Touch 5th Generationtagged by dbsaffor, 9/24/13
- productFitEar MH335DW Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by dbsaffor, 9/24/13
- productiBasso DX100 Reference DAPtagged by dbsaffor, 9/24/13
- productSleek Audio CT7tagged by dbsaffor, 9/24/13
- productTopping TP-D1 MKII MK2 USB Sound Audio Card CS4398 USB Decoder External For PC Laptop - Blacktagged by dbsaffor, 9/24/13
- productVentureCraft Go-Dap Xtagged by dbsaffor, 9/24/13
Related Forum Threads
- IPod touch sold ..... And now? Last post on 10/5/13 at 11:32pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- The Sad State Of The So Called Audiophile DAP Market Last post on 5/29/14 at 10:02am in Portable Source Gear
- Fit Ear Master piece MH 335 DW Studio Reference First Prototype In The World impression and... Last post on 8/27/14 at 9:42am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Should I get a portable amp or DAC, if so, which one? Last post on 6/22/14 at 11:42am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Apple iPod Touch 5th Generation Review Last post on 6/2/14 at 7:33pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)Last edited: 7/3/14
Fist of all, this is my first ever review,and English is not my native language, so please, have some understanding . I bought these headphones 9 months ago, they were my first "quality"...
Hi All, I have done a video review of Hifiman HM901. Thanks for watching :)
You can pay more for a dac alone and not do as well as the 105. You can buy a blue ray player for more and not do as well. Ditto for cd, sacd, and/or DVD players. Its audio preamps are as good as...
The 2014 Brainwavz S5: A Single Dynamic Driver IEM Specifications Found here: www.yourbrainwavz.com/s5.html No measurements for the S5 were available at the time of this...
SO, lets get on to it. The MTPC's are a pair of IEM's that are in a very akward position. It is quite pricy and rejected by the "purist audiophiles" that dislike the brand of Monster, due to...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)
ALO audio New amp+DAC : "The International" - Page 7
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Do you know what listening volume you frequent the most? I tend to be safe and rarely if ever exceed 85dB. I tend to keep things between 75 and 80dB. At 12 o'clock, how much headroom is left before squishing of soundstage, flattening of dynamics with HE6? I found it could go almost to 100% on most high Ω headphones. Midrange Ω headphones petered out sooner, but that is typical.
They're a great combo... Only the RWAK sounds better than the AK since what you're essentially doing is double amping..
i do run ak100+alo international with solid silver m2m with oyaide gold jacks.
i use this combo mostly with my EarSonics SM64 or my custom Balanced Beyer Dynamics T5p with alo copper 4pin squared balanced cable.
Amp powerwise, International has lots of power. I usually set to Low Gain for my T5p and Medium Gain for my 112 ohms SM64 to get the punchiness.
the sound is really clean with lost of details. Separation and staging is great too. The Bass is well controlled on my SM64 and punchy on my T5p. Mid is great, not too laid back and not too forward. Just great to my taste. The high is a little bit brighter but still acceptable for my liking. it makes the highs on my SM64 sings better.
overall, i think that international is made to complement ak100 as its pair. the size says it all.
I will post the pics once i have the privilages to do so.
I currently use DX100 + Tralucent T1 amp and wonder if the AK100 or RWAK100 as tranport with Internation as Dac/AMP would perform as well / better. Just using as a transport, does it make a difference if you use AK100 or RWAK100 ? I already asked V0 more or less, but maybe others have inputs.
Oh you mean give on my DX100 for more portability and end up with a larger rig...makes sense, where do I sign ? ;)
- ALO audio New amp+DAC : "The International"
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › What smartphone screen size do you prefer? 1 minute ago
- › Review: Spiral Ear SE 5-way Reference - A new level of resolution?... 1 minute ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 1 minute ago
- › Multi-IEM Review - 321 IEMs compared (NarMoo S1 added 09/04/14 p. 966) 2 minutes ago
- › HM-901 3 minutes ago
- › DT990 250Ohm / Pro 250Ohm, replace my current amp? 3 minutes ago
- › Apex Glacier amp/dac review and appreciation thread 4 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 598 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 5 minutes ago
- › Superlux HD-668 B by donniefalcone
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 by piksnz
- › OPPO BDP-105 Universal Audiophile 3D Blu-ray Player by professor825
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by NA Blur
- › Monster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphones by TurbinePro
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by SMLeaves
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by wolfjeanne
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 350p Portable Headphones Brand New Black Free... by twister6
- › Sony MDR-CD 780 by mark235
- › EarSonics EM32 by Rollk2
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)