Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › ALO audio New amp+DAC : "The International"
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

ALO audio New amp+DAC : "The International" - Page 10

post #136 of 182

Does anyone knows what chips is used in the International? Or does anyones even knows the full technical specifications of the International? Why ALO Audio did not publish any tech specs at all?

post #137 of 182
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonxff View Post

Does anyone knows what chips is used in the International? Or does anyones even knows the full technical specifications of the International? Why ALO Audio did not publish any tech specs at all?

 

 

Cirrus Logic CS4398...

 

I think the old version of ALO's site had more specs.  Anyways, I got that from the headfonia review...

 

http://www.headfonia.com/alo-international/

post #138 of 182
Quote:
Originally Posted by ButtUglyJeff View Post

 

 

Cirrus Logic CS4398...

 

I think the old version of ALO's site had more specs.  Anyways, I got that from the headfonia review...

 

http://www.headfonia.com/alo-international/


All the tech specs are still on their new website :D

post #139 of 182
Tech Specs  

Frequency Response:  10-25,000 Hz

Output Power - Balanced: 

  • 130 mW into 32 Ohms
  • 200 mW into 50 Ohms
  • 330 mW int 600 Ohms
  • 660 mW into 300 Ohms

Output Power - Unbalanced:

  • 130 mW into 32 Ohms
  • 160 mW into 300 Ohms
  • 200 mW into 50 Ohms
  • 83 mW into 600 Ohms
Power and Battery  

Built in Rechargeable Lithium-Polymer Battery

Playtime:  14-16 hours (Amp Only)   8-10 hours (USB DAC and Amp)

Recharge Time: 3 hours

Charges via included wall power adapter

post #140 of 182
So is it confirmed that the output impedance of the International is 22ohms? Or was it 32ohms? I am confused...
post #141 of 182
22ohms.
post #142 of 182
Is this 22ohms issue too bad for use with IEMs? Have anyone had an experience using this amp/dac with IEMs?
post #143 of 182

Not that bad. I can't say it is best match with the SM64/JH16/K3003i/LCD but it drives them well. Punchy bass, great PRaT.

post #144 of 182

ALO posted a video on facebook, announcing that iDevices running IOS7 will all play via the CCK/USB.  Which means it will use DAC in the International...

 

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10201335605985218&set=vb.110094225748830&type=2&theater

post #145 of 182

Hi All,

 

Its true, and good news!! the International amp/DAC now pulls the digital stream off iPhones using the new iOS 7 with any CKK kit ! Yippie! ;-)

 

Let your ears be the judge. 

 

Thanks,

 

Ken

 

 

 

post #146 of 182

Fantastic! Super excited that my investment in an International can now be used with my iPhone. It's not that I don't like my AK100, but rather I now have choices:

 

AK100 by itself

AK100 with ALO International (International DAC bypassed)

iPhone 5 with ALO International (International DAC in use)

 

Awesome!

post #147 of 182

Ken,

 

It might be a good idea to share the part number of the Camera Connection Kit, as there are multiple "camera" cables on Apple's site.

 

Thanks

post #148 of 182
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExpatinJapan View Post

22ohms.

 

Really? That's ridiculous! Why did they do this?

post #149 of 182
Quote:
Originally Posted by ButtUglyJeff View Post
 

Ken,

 

It might be a good idea to share the part number of the Camera Connection Kit, as there are multiple "camera" cables on Apple's site.

 

Thanks

 

Sure its this one see HERE

 

Part number is

 

MD821ZM

 

Thanks 

 

Ken

post #150 of 182
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › ALO audio New amp+DAC : "The International"