Can anyone with personal experience with the LCD-2 and the International comment on the synergy with the amp and also driveability?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productApple iPod Touch 5th Generationtagged by dbsaffor, 9/24/13
- productFitEar MH335DW Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by dbsaffor, 9/24/13
- productiBasso DX100 Reference DAPtagged by dbsaffor, 9/24/13
- productSleek Audio CT7tagged by dbsaffor, 9/24/13
- productTopping TP-D1 MKII MK2 USB Sound Audio Card CS4398 USB Decoder External For PC Laptop - Blacktagged by dbsaffor, 9/24/13
- productVentureCraft Go-Dap Xtagged by dbsaffor, 9/24/13
Related Forum Threads
- IPod touch sold ..... And now? Last post on 10/5/13 at 11:32pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- The Sad State Of The So Called Audiophile DAP Market Last post on 11/30/14 at 11:43am in Portable Source Gear
- F.S. iBasso DX100 + free shipping Last post on 1/27/15 at 10:00am in Source Components For Sale / Trade
- Fitear MH335DW Studio Reference Last post on 11/17/14 at 7:18am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Tales from the Batcave - Me and my friends review stuff. Last post on 2/18/15 at 11:46am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 12/1/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)Last edited: 12/7/14
I have been using the E17 "Alpen" every day for over a year now. It is my go-to device for enjoying music at work, or anywhere other than my home office. So, here are my thoughts: Build...
VentureCraft are a Japanese company well known for their portable headphone amplifiers and amp/DAC combo units. Today, I will be taking a look at their latest offering in this category: the...
This is a quick unboxing and review of the player. More detailed review coming soon.
Hi all, I will prepare a proper review when I have some time and am not working. In short however, these are superior to any IEM I have personally used for my tastes. I listen to a vast...
Disclaimer: I was given the MEElectronics M9 Classic in return for a review. The opinions expressed in this review are 100% my own, and were not influenced by MEElectronics in any way. Before I...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)
ALO audio New amp+DAC : "The International" - Page 8
Gear mentioned in this thread:
It is interesting that I see the International paired with the AK100 so much.... as the
ALO International output impedance comes in at 21ohms - and the AK100 at 22ohms.
If the aim is not only to amp but to fix the impedance issue, Seems kinda pointless to me? (See PDF for data/stats).
*Still waiting for Continental/MX/National measurements.
ffffffk...i find this out the day i buy a used one here on HF to pair with my rwak....i assumed alo knew what they were doing....
thanks alot expat....i'm personally holding you responsible for killing my post purchase buzz...
I am guessing for low impedance iems the RWAK does not need amping and you can use the international for harder to drive headphones no ?
true enough, however my current iems are low impedance as is my only current f/s set, the 50ohm Mad Dogs...
generally speaking, does anyone know if impedance measurements vary between SE and balanced outputs...?...FWIR, gain settings have no impact on impedance, correct...?
high SE measurements are not that big an issue as i'm planning to use the balanced output primarily...just hope they rate lower balanced...
i've got an email into ALO, but i'm not holding out much hope; i've never received a reply in half dozen inquires i've made in the past....
oops, my bad :)
Maybe try posting in their forum section of head-fi sponsors. Ask em about the other amps too. See what they say.
Regarding the USB Dac performance of this Unit, headphonia opinion is completely different than touchmyapps review.
I've three questions:
1. Will it work ( the dac section ) with classic Ipod 160gb (2010)?
2. Will I sacrifice much if I use it for IEM with 20 ohm impedance?
3. How does the sound quality compare to say SONY PHA-1, Fostex HP-P1, VAMP VerZa, Go Dap X
Ok, one more question: what would be the best IEMs for this device?
- ALO audio New amp+DAC : "The International"
- › New in the Headphone World Looking for an Amp 1 minute ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 1 minute ago
- › NEW Schiit Lyr 2: Impressions 2 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-1R series MK2 2 minutes ago
- › Should I get the V-Moda XS or M-100? 2 minutes ago
- › How does amp circuitry work? 2 minutes ago
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 2.0 2 minutes ago
- › NEW Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7 and ATH-MSR7LTD 2 minutes ago
- › Aussie & NZ Head-Fiers Corner 3 minutes ago
- › 24bit vs 16bit, the myth exploded! 5 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by mscott58
- › FiiO E17 by prez
- › VentureCraft SounDroid Vantam by fonzler
- › Sony Walkman Nw-zx2 128gb Mp3 Player Hi-res by piksnz
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Wyd4
- › MEElectronics M9 Classic Hi-Fi Noise-Isolating In-Ear Headphones by DisCHORDDubstep
- › PonoMusic PonoPlayer by piksnz
- › EarTech Music Dual Driver Custom Molded In Ear Musician Monitors... by acain
- › PSB M4U 1 by prez
- › 1 More Design Piston Crystal by banjoanton
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3