Can anyone with personal experience with the LCD-2 and the International comment on the synergy with the amp and also driveability?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productApple iPod Touch 5th Generationtagged by dbsaffor, 9/24/13
- productFitEar MH335DW Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by dbsaffor, 9/24/13
- productiBasso DX100 Reference DAPtagged by dbsaffor, 9/24/13
- productSleek Audio CT7tagged by dbsaffor, 9/24/13
- productTopping TP-D1 MKII MK2 USB Sound Audio Card CS4398 USB Decoder External For PC Laptop - Blacktagged by dbsaffor, 9/24/13
- productVentureCraft Go-Dap Xtagged by dbsaffor, 9/24/13
Related Forum Threads
- IPod touch sold ..... And now? Last post on 10/5/13 at 11:32pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- The Sad State Of The So Called Audiophile DAP Market Last post on 11/30/14 at 11:43am in Portable Source Gear
- F.S. iBasso DX100 + free shipping Last post on 1/27/15 at 10:00am in Source Components For Sale / Trade
- Fitear MH335DW Studio Reference Last post on 11/17/14 at 7:18am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Tales from the Batcave - Me and my friends review stuff. Last post on 3/29/15 at 10:33pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 3/10/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)Last edited: 12/7/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)
ALO audio New amp+DAC : "The International" - Page 8
Gear mentioned in this thread:
It is interesting that I see the International paired with the AK100 so much.... as the
ALO International output impedance comes in at 21ohms - and the AK100 at 22ohms.
If the aim is not only to amp but to fix the impedance issue, Seems kinda pointless to me? (See PDF for data/stats).
*Still waiting for Continental/MX/National measurements.
ffffffk...i find this out the day i buy a used one here on HF to pair with my rwak....i assumed alo knew what they were doing....
thanks alot expat....i'm personally holding you responsible for killing my post purchase buzz...
I am guessing for low impedance iems the RWAK does not need amping and you can use the international for harder to drive headphones no ?
true enough, however my current iems are low impedance as is my only current f/s set, the 50ohm Mad Dogs...
generally speaking, does anyone know if impedance measurements vary between SE and balanced outputs...?...FWIR, gain settings have no impact on impedance, correct...?
high SE measurements are not that big an issue as i'm planning to use the balanced output primarily...just hope they rate lower balanced...
i've got an email into ALO, but i'm not holding out much hope; i've never received a reply in half dozen inquires i've made in the past....
oops, my bad :)
Maybe try posting in their forum section of head-fi sponsors. Ask em about the other amps too. See what they say.
Regarding the USB Dac performance of this Unit, headphonia opinion is completely different than touchmyapps review.
I've three questions:
1. Will it work ( the dac section ) with classic Ipod 160gb (2010)?
2. Will I sacrifice much if I use it for IEM with 20 ohm impedance?
3. How does the sound quality compare to say SONY PHA-1, Fostex HP-P1, VAMP VerZa, Go Dap X
Ok, one more question: what would be the best IEMs for this device?
- ALO audio New amp+DAC : "The International"
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 30 seconds ago
- › CanJam SoCal 2015 Impressions Thread 50 seconds ago
- › Why the Beats Hate? 2 minutes ago
- › Replacement Earpads for MDR 1R MK2 3 minutes ago
- › NEW! Velodyne vTrue Studio Headphones 5 minutes ago
- › Rate The Last Movie You Watched 6 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 6 minutes ago
- › Bose QC25 review (long flight experience included) 7 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 and Wireless! 8 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 9 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by Zulkr9
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by jdog
- › ZERO AUDIO-ear stereo headphone carbo Basso ZH-DX210-CB by AzimAkbar
- › Sennheiser HD540 Reference Headphones by homesicalien
- › Aurisonics Rockets Solo Precision Micro-Dynamic Noise Isolating... by acain
- › Incipio f38 Headphones by ahnvx
- › Bose® IE2 audio headphones by Sarurururu
- › Baldoor EarBell E100 by Ruwetuin
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by mark2410
- › Sony Inner Ear Hi-res Stereo Headphone Xba-a2 Black (Japan Import) by Hawaiibadboy
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2