Can anyone with personal experience with the LCD-2 and the International comment on the synergy with the amp and also driveability?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productApple iPod Touch 5th Generationtagged by dbsaffor, 9/24/13
- productFitEar MH335DW Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by dbsaffor, 9/24/13
- productiBasso DX100 Reference DAPtagged by dbsaffor, 9/24/13
- productSleek Audio CT7tagged by dbsaffor, 9/24/13
- productTopping TP-D1 MKII MK2 USB Sound Audio Card CS4398 USB Decoder External For PC Laptop - Blacktagged by dbsaffor, 9/24/13
- productVentureCraft Go-Dap Xtagged by dbsaffor, 9/24/13
Related Forum Threads
- IPod touch sold ..... And now? Last post on 10/5/13 at 11:32pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- The Sad State Of The So Called Audiophile DAP Market Last post on 6/1/15 at 9:14am in Portable Source Gear
- F.S. iBasso DX100 + free shipping Last post on 1/27/15 at 10:00am in Source Components For Sale / Trade
- Fitear MH335DW Studio Reference Last post on 11/17/14 at 7:18am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Tales from the Batcave - Me and my friends review stuff. Last post on 5/13/15 at 12:01pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
*A sample of the IEM500 was provided to me in return for my honest review* - Photos taken by, me.- One of the funniest things is when a company writes all these outlandish claims with their...
Me: I am an amateur musician & avid admirer of music from India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the...
These headphones are not for a true audiophile person. If you just want to watch movies on YouTube and talk with your friends on Skype - they will do the job for you. But if you want to enjoy your...
Introduction The Fidue A65 is in quite of an interesting place. It's in the budget range that has a lot of great contenders, but in it's defence it brings a Titanium micro dynamic driver, and with...
ALO audio New amp+DAC : "The International" - Page 8
Gear mentioned in this thread:
It is interesting that I see the International paired with the AK100 so much.... as the
ALO International output impedance comes in at 21ohms - and the AK100 at 22ohms.
If the aim is not only to amp but to fix the impedance issue, Seems kinda pointless to me? (See PDF for data/stats).
*Still waiting for Continental/MX/National measurements.
ffffffk...i find this out the day i buy a used one here on HF to pair with my rwak....i assumed alo knew what they were doing....
thanks alot expat....i'm personally holding you responsible for killing my post purchase buzz...
I am guessing for low impedance iems the RWAK does not need amping and you can use the international for harder to drive headphones no ?
true enough, however my current iems are low impedance as is my only current f/s set, the 50ohm Mad Dogs...
generally speaking, does anyone know if impedance measurements vary between SE and balanced outputs...?...FWIR, gain settings have no impact on impedance, correct...?
high SE measurements are not that big an issue as i'm planning to use the balanced output primarily...just hope they rate lower balanced...
i've got an email into ALO, but i'm not holding out much hope; i've never received a reply in half dozen inquires i've made in the past....
oops, my bad :)
Maybe try posting in their forum section of head-fi sponsors. Ask em about the other amps too. See what they say.
Regarding the USB Dac performance of this Unit, headphonia opinion is completely different than touchmyapps review.
I've three questions:
1. Will it work ( the dac section ) with classic Ipod 160gb (2010)?
2. Will I sacrifice much if I use it for IEM with 20 ohm impedance?
3. How does the sound quality compare to say SONY PHA-1, Fostex HP-P1, VAMP VerZa, Go Dap X
Ok, one more question: what would be the best IEMs for this device?
- ALO audio New amp+DAC : "The International"
- › Flare Audio R2PRO Kickstarter campaign 12 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 25 seconds ago
- › MrSpeakers Ether Impressions Thread 46 seconds ago
- › Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II 1 minute ago
- › Viva Egoista 845 SET Tube amplifier 10K Headphone Masterpiece 5 minutes ago
- › JDS Labs Element 7 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 7 minutes ago
- › Fostex new RP headphones - T50RPmk3, T40RPmk3 and T20RPmk3 9 minutes ago
- › Grado e Series 10 minutes ago
- › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Puro Sound Labs - IEM500 Earphones by BloodyPenguin
- › Matrix M-Stage by YoYo JoKeR
- › Sony MDR-XD100 Stereo Headphones by Dokins
- › Fidue A65 - Titanium micro dynamic driver IEM by DJScope
- › Astell&Kern AK10 Portable Hi-Fi Audio DAC Headphone amplifer... by Hawaiibadboy
- › iClever® IC-BTH01 Lightweight Wireless Bluetooth 4.0 Sports... by acain
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by Cotnijoe
- › Aune B1 by Peter West
- › JVC HAM55X High Quality Xtreme-Xplosvs Headphones by biggbenn74
- › Sennheiser G4ME ZERO Over-Ear Gaming Headset by snapacap
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)