Can anyone with personal experience with the LCD-2 and the International comment on the synergy with the amp and also driveability?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productApple iPod Touch 5th Generationtagged by dbsaffor, 9/24/13
- productFitEar MH335DW Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by dbsaffor, 9/24/13
- productiBasso DX100 Reference DAPtagged by dbsaffor, 9/24/13
- productSleek Audio CT7tagged by dbsaffor, 9/24/13
- productTopping TP-D1 MKII MK2 USB Sound Audio Card CS4398 USB Decoder External For PC Laptop - Blacktagged by dbsaffor, 9/24/13
- productVentureCraft Go-Dap Xtagged by dbsaffor, 9/24/13
Related Forum Threads
- IPod touch sold ..... And now? Last post on 10/5/13 at 11:32pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- The Sad State Of The So Called Audiophile DAP Market Last post on 7/16/14 at 7:51pm in Portable Source Gear
- Should I get a portable amp or DAC, if so, which one? Last post on 6/22/14 at 11:42am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Apple iPod Touch 5th Generation Review Last post on 6/2/14 at 7:33pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- ipod touch 5th gen 16gb or 32gb for trade with audiophile gear Last post on 5/9/14 at 10:49am in Source Components For Sale / Trade
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/10/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)Last edited: 7/3/14
I was provided a review sample and appreciate the generosity and opportunity to listen and review the Brainwavz S5. I've owned many Brainwavz earphones ranging from the Beta through the B2...
Got a good local deal on these as the are being replaced by the SoundTrue variant, which as far as I can tell, only adds a case and different colors. The Bose AE2 are a very lightweight...
RockJaw is an up and coming headphone company from Great Britain starting strong with a huge lineup. The Alfa Genus is one of their midrange offerings and offers a certain special something that is...
Bought the active noise cancelling version of these as a daily deal on Amazon for <$20. Active noise cancelling completely broken on both my original unit and the replacement - so on one hand...
Thanks to Oppo Digital Japan for allowing us to borrow the PM-1 and HA-1. Oppo coming out with a pair of headphones was quite a surprised, especially a pair of planars. Likewise the HA-1,...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)
ALO audio New amp+DAC : "The International" - Page 8
Gear mentioned in this thread:
It is interesting that I see the International paired with the AK100 so much.... as the
ALO International output impedance comes in at 21ohms - and the AK100 at 22ohms.
If the aim is not only to amp but to fix the impedance issue, Seems kinda pointless to me? (See PDF for data/stats).
*Still waiting for Continental/MX/National measurements.
ffffffk...i find this out the day i buy a used one here on HF to pair with my rwak....i assumed alo knew what they were doing....
thanks alot expat....i'm personally holding you responsible for killing my post purchase buzz...
I am guessing for low impedance iems the RWAK does not need amping and you can use the international for harder to drive headphones no ?
true enough, however my current iems are low impedance as is my only current f/s set, the 50ohm Mad Dogs...
generally speaking, does anyone know if impedance measurements vary between SE and balanced outputs...?...FWIR, gain settings have no impact on impedance, correct...?
high SE measurements are not that big an issue as i'm planning to use the balanced output primarily...just hope they rate lower balanced...
i've got an email into ALO, but i'm not holding out much hope; i've never received a reply in half dozen inquires i've made in the past....
oops, my bad :)
Maybe try posting in their forum section of head-fi sponsors. Ask em about the other amps too. See what they say.
Regarding the USB Dac performance of this Unit, headphonia opinion is completely different than touchmyapps review.
I've three questions:
1. Will it work ( the dac section ) with classic Ipod 160gb (2010)?
2. Will I sacrifice much if I use it for IEM with 20 ohm impedance?
3. How does the sound quality compare to say SONY PHA-1, Fostex HP-P1, VAMP VerZa, Go Dap X
Ok, one more question: what would be the best IEMs for this device?
- ALO audio New amp+DAC : "The International"
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 43 seconds ago
- › The JPS Labs: Abyss AB-1266 Impressions Thread 52 seconds ago
- › Chord Hugo 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre, 1st page to reformat latest FW download &... 3 minutes ago
- › iDSD micro Crowd-Designed. A Teeny-Weeny Update! (page 104) 5 minutes ago
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable... 5 minutes ago
- › The Member-Judged Fine Art Head-Fi Gallery 8 minutes ago
- › My Very Low Budget Nearfield Desktop Rig (Lepai amp and Dayton... 8 minutes ago
- › The Audiophile Bass Lounge (Basshead club part II) 11 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by DannyBai
- › Bose®AE2 audio headphones by Blinxat
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by Ishcabible
- › Phiaton PS 20 Half In-Ear Premium Earphone (Glossy Black) by DrikTheTroll
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)