I have a Woo WA6 and I was thinking about trying out the LCD-2. How bad of an idea is it to switch to the higher impedence(100-600ohm) setting on the WA6 if the proper impedence setting(1-99ohm) does not supply adequate power. Is this just a really bad idea? Will it provide any additional power? Will it damage the amp? Thanks.
- productWoo Audio WA6tagged by System, 2/28/13
Related Forum Threads
- *PRICE DROP* Woo WA6 with Sophia Rectifier and 6GL7/6EM7 Tubes Last post on 3/26/15 at 1:04pm in Amplification For Sale / Trade
- Help!!!!! Icon Audio mkII Hp8 vs Woo Audio WA6 Last post on 7/25/14 at 3:38pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Better Amp, Wa6 or Lyr. Last post on 6/30/14 at 6:49pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Like new WA6 + Sophia Princess, 6GL7, 7N7 tube upgrades (free shipping and PayPal) (FINAL PRICE... Last post on 7/18/14 at 4:44pm in Amplification For Sale / Trade
- Sophia Princess 274B glass becoming tinted Last post on 6/4/14 at 11:01pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
This review is for the Ubsound Fighters, let me introduce myself before I get started. My name is Adam I am 38 years old and have been into audio equipment since I was in high school. In the past 2...
Introduction: One of my favorite part of this hobby that I've grown to love over the past few years is trying new things and just experiencing how different components (or combination of...
The H10 from Gustard is the best solid state amplifier I've heard that retails for under $500. It's better than most that retail for under $1000. This thing deserves a quality review so here it...
PreIntroduction: I am in no way affiliated or work for Aune. For this review, the Aune B1 has been provided to me as a review sample by Aune, as one of the 10 review samples sent out to...
Note: Review was done with a sample provided by DUNU-Topsound. For a more complete picture, please visit the dedicated thread for the DUNU DN-2000J (here). The DN-2000J is a classically...
LCD-2 WA6 Impedence mismatch
Gear mentioned in this thread:
You should read the reviews here:
The impedance switch, which really should be called a gain selector, does increase the output gain of the amp. Be sure to turn down the volume all of the way and possibly turning off the amp prior to switching gain modes.
Some users have noted that the default output tube is not ideal which is covered in more detail within the reviews seen in the link above.
Switching to the other setting to get more power from the amp is exactly what it is designed to do. No worries as long as you follow the directions above primarily turning the volume all of the way down prior to switching to the new gain setting.
Let us know how you like the sound of the LCD-2 on the new gain setting.
- LCD-2 WA6 Impedence mismatch
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 1 second ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 5 seconds ago
- › Philips SHE3580 IEM review--how can something sound so good for $10??? 22 seconds ago
- › High End Bluetooth Headphones 58 seconds ago
- › Testing audiophile claims and myths 58 seconds ago
- › Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Flagship 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Impressions and Discussion + Tour Application... 2 minutes ago
- › Mjolnir Audio electrostatic amps 2 minutes ago
- › Asus Essence One Headphone Amp/DAC (CeBIT 2011) 4 minutes ago
- › Bushmill X Grado 6 minutes ago
- › Ubsound Fighter in-ear monitor with universal inline microphone and... by acain
- › T-Peos Altone250 by Cotnijoe
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A Stage Headphone Amplifier by JoeDoe
- › Aune B1 by avitron142
- › DUNU DN-2000J by tomscy2000
- › Sony MDR-1A Premium Hi-Res Stereo Headphones by GrindedDown
- › Sennheiser PX 100-II Supra-Aural Mini Headphones - Black by ElMarcado
- › Final Audio Design Pandora Hope VI Headphones by ItsMeHere
- › T-Peos Altone 350 Hybrid 3 driver IEM by Peter West
- › AUSDOM M06 Over-ear Stereo Bluetooth Headphones Wireless + Wired... by Hisoundfi
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2