I have a Woo WA6 and I was thinking about trying out the LCD-2. How bad of an idea is it to switch to the higher impedence(100-600ohm) setting on the WA6 if the proper impedence setting(1-99ohm) does not supply adequate power. Is this just a really bad idea? Will it provide any additional power? Will it damage the amp? Thanks.
- productWoo Audio WA6tagged by System, 2/28/13
Related Forum Threads
- Help!!!!! Icon Audio mkII Hp8 vs Woo Audio WA6 Last post on 7/25/14 at 3:38pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Better Amp, Wa6 or Lyr. Last post on 6/30/14 at 6:49pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Like new WA6 + Sophia Princess, 6GL7, 7N7 tube upgrades (free shipping and PayPal) (FINAL PRICE... Last post on 7/18/14 at 4:44pm in Amplification For Sale / Trade
- Sophia Princess 274B glass becoming tinted Last post on 6/4/14 at 11:01pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Recommendations for AMPS for around $700 or less Last post on 5/14/14 at 6:42pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
I have own the Dunu tridents for about 4-5 months, and about a week about, the left ear suddenly stopped working. I left them on my desk for the weekend, no spills, or anything touching them. Now i...
The Brainwavz M1 has been widely toted as a popular option at under $50 for the last few years. Why is that the case? Well, because at the time of their debut, they were one the few balanced...
Intro Here is a review of the Audio-Technica CKR10 there are a couple reviews of this model already but the more reviews the better. First I would like to say thank you to Audio-Technica for...
So, a review Woo Audio WA2... I have divided it into some headings, and rated them out of 100. These are my ratings based on my personal opinion. I'm open to comments as well, feel free to voice...
Intro After briefly owning and eventually selling the Audio Technica ATH - M50, there were quite a few things that I still desired in a closed headphone. I wanted something more comfortable...
LCD-2 WA6 Impedence mismatch
Gear mentioned in this thread:
You should read the reviews here:
The impedance switch, which really should be called a gain selector, does increase the output gain of the amp. Be sure to turn down the volume all of the way and possibly turning off the amp prior to switching gain modes.
Some users have noted that the default output tube is not ideal which is covered in more detail within the reviews seen in the link above.
Switching to the other setting to get more power from the amp is exactly what it is designed to do. No worries as long as you follow the directions above primarily turning the volume all of the way down prior to switching to the new gain setting.
Let us know how you like the sound of the LCD-2 on the new gain setting.
- LCD-2 WA6 Impedence mismatch
- › What is a closed headphone upgrade that is leaps and bounds above... 16 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 58 seconds ago
- › Headphones for a beginner 2 minutes ago
- › DAC Bit rate Format Important? 2 minutes ago
- › Colorfly C3 Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics! 3 minutes ago
- › X7, the Flagship DAP from FiiO ( updated on 15/12/2014) 6 minutes ago
- › New WESTONE W-SERIES 7 minutes ago
- › AKG K3003 High End 3 Way System Headphone 7 minutes ago
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 9 minutes ago
- › DUNU DN-12 Trident by Ghoulcow
- › MP4Nation Brainwavz M1 by Tom22
- › Audio Technica ATH-CKR10 IN-EAR HEADPHONE TITANIUM SONIC PRO DUAL... by acain
- › Woo Audio 2 by mikoss
- › KAM HP1 by LowDose
- › Schiit Vali by Mr Rick
- › DUNU DN-2000 Hybrid 3 way earphone by YoYo JoKeR
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-100 by Spiderman
- › Audinst HUD-mx2 by YoYo JoKeR
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by koloseij
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)