I have a Woo WA6 and I was thinking about trying out the LCD-2. How bad of an idea is it to switch to the higher impedence(100-600ohm) setting on the WA6 if the proper impedence setting(1-99ohm) does not supply adequate power. Is this just a really bad idea? Will it provide any additional power? Will it damage the amp? Thanks.
- productWoo Audio WA6tagged by System, 2/28/13
Related Forum Threads
- *PRICE DROP* Woo WA6 with Sophia Rectifier and 6GL7/6EM7 Tubes Last post on 2/3/15 at 7:34am in Amplification For Sale / Trade
- Help!!!!! Icon Audio mkII Hp8 vs Woo Audio WA6 Last post on 7/25/14 at 3:38pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Better Amp, Wa6 or Lyr. Last post on 6/30/14 at 6:49pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Like new WA6 + Sophia Princess, 6GL7, 7N7 tube upgrades (free shipping and PayPal) (FINAL PRICE... Last post on 7/18/14 at 4:44pm in Amplification For Sale / Trade
- Sophia Princess 274B glass becoming tinted Last post on 6/4/14 at 11:01pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
I have used the Sony MDR-7506s as long as I can remember. I do Front-of-House (FOH) mixing for bands, and these phones have been by my side for many years. Some people hate the cable, i like...
My my, how time flies. It’s been over a year - and similarly over 136K views - since I wrote my original review for the Beryllium Xiaomi Pistons 2.0, or Xiaomi MK301. During the past year, I’ve...
Level: Amateur Mostly Experience: First Personal Pair We can all agree it's been reviewed too much? Good. My turn please... I'm aware of the reputation these carry, how audio should sound...
I wrote this on Amazon, thought I'd share it with you all. Please, ask questions. Audio Technica has crafted a pair of headphones that might make you second guess your pair of MX50s, or any...
I realize it is a bit of apples vs oranges, but I will compare these to the Sennheiser HD 600 sound, since I sometimes use those to mix recordings with, and many know their sound. Assuming good...
LCD-2 WA6 Impedence mismatch
Gear mentioned in this thread:
You should read the reviews here:
The impedance switch, which really should be called a gain selector, does increase the output gain of the amp. Be sure to turn down the volume all of the way and possibly turning off the amp prior to switching gain modes.
Some users have noted that the default output tube is not ideal which is covered in more detail within the reviews seen in the link above.
Switching to the other setting to get more power from the amp is exactly what it is designed to do. No worries as long as you follow the directions above primarily turning the volume all of the way down prior to switching to the new gain setting.
Let us know how you like the sound of the LCD-2 on the new gain setting.
- LCD-2 WA6 Impedence mismatch
- › Fiio X5 - Custom/Modded firmwares 11 seconds ago
- › The quest for a 300€ pair of closed, full-sized, sub-bass capable... 22 seconds ago
- › Three Word Story 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Headphone Sightings 2 1 minute ago
- › Suitable amp for Denon ah-d7000? 2 minutes ago
- › 24bit vs 16bit, the myth exploded! 2 minutes ago
- › The "non-Grado" Driver Grado Thread 2 minutes ago
- › AD700s died.. (*cries internally*), Where do I go from here? 2 minutes ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 3 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR7506 Professional Large Diaphragm Headphone by prez
- › 1 More Design Piston Crystal by Rashmosh
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50S by ahnvx
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 by LonghornTech
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by Zobel
- › PENDULUMIC STANCE S1+ Bluethooth Wireless Headphones by Deckardk
- › JVC KENWOOD In-Ear Headphones HA-FX750 by Whitigir
- › Schiit Lyr 2 by bpandbass
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by cleg
- › OSTRY KC06A Hi-Fi In-Ear High Performance Earphones Headphones by xsuper
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2