I have a Woo WA6 and I was thinking about trying out the LCD-2. How bad of an idea is it to switch to the higher impedence(100-600ohm) setting on the WA6 if the proper impedence setting(1-99ohm) does not supply adequate power. Is this just a really bad idea? Will it provide any additional power? Will it damage the amp? Thanks.
- productWoo Audio WA6tagged by System, 2/28/13
Related Forum Threads
- *PRICE DROP* Woo WA6 with Sophia Rectifier and 6GL7/6EM7 Tubes Last post on 3/26/15 at 1:04pm in Amplification For Sale / Trade
- Help!!!!! Icon Audio mkII Hp8 vs Woo Audio WA6 Last post on 7/25/14 at 3:38pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Better Amp, Wa6 or Lyr. Last post on 6/30/14 at 6:49pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Like new WA6 + Sophia Princess, 6GL7, 7N7 tube upgrades (free shipping and PayPal) (FINAL PRICE... Last post on 7/18/14 at 4:44pm in Amplification For Sale / Trade
- Sophia Princess 274B glass becoming tinted Last post on 6/4/14 at 11:01pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
These are good headphones. I would have preferred a hard carrying case for the headphones, but, when you consider the cost of these cans, the soft carrying bag is acceptable. If you really...
This review is the summary section of Yulong DA8II in-depth review here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/779702/yulong-da8ii-in-depth-review Please visit the above thread for more...
[[SPOILER]] Introduction: Aune Audio has been making affordable audiophile products for quite a while now – They have a number of desktop DACs and amplifiers, and recently made an entry into the...
The ATH-CK9LTD’s were purchased by me and I’m not in any way affiliated with Audio-Technica. I’ve reviewed the ATH-CKR9 and ATH-CKR10 earlier, those reviews are available...
Intro: JDS Labs, Is an American company based in Collinsville, Illinois. They make headphone amplifiers & DAC’s. Mr. John Seaber is the man behind JDS Labs. We might remember JDS Labs when they...
LCD-2 WA6 Impedence mismatch
Gear mentioned in this thread:
You should read the reviews here:
The impedance switch, which really should be called a gain selector, does increase the output gain of the amp. Be sure to turn down the volume all of the way and possibly turning off the amp prior to switching gain modes.
Some users have noted that the default output tube is not ideal which is covered in more detail within the reviews seen in the link above.
Switching to the other setting to get more power from the amp is exactly what it is designed to do. No worries as long as you follow the directions above primarily turning the volume all of the way down prior to switching to the new gain setting.
Let us know how you like the sound of the LCD-2 on the new gain setting.
- LCD-2 WA6 Impedence mismatch
- › 1964 Ears 39 seconds ago
- › People are out shopping 1 minute ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 2 minutes ago
- › $500 headphone suggestion for electronic 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Impressions and Discussion + Tour Application... 4 minutes ago
- › Creative Sound Blaster X7 - Detailed Review & Impressions 7 minutes ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 8 minutes ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 9 minutes ago
- › Best Smartphone for audiophile 10 minutes ago
- › Shure SRH840 by Double-A
- › Yulong Audio DA8 II by earfonia
- › Aune X1S 32Bit/384KHz DSD DAC Headphone Amplifier black by avitron142
- › Audio-technica Ath-m50 Studio Monitor Headphones Limited Red Model... by peter123
- › JDS Labs ODAC by YoYo JoKeR
- › Westone UM Pro10 High Performance Single Driver Noise-Isolating... by ShaftShanker
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by Pokemonn
- › Brainwavz Jive by peter123
- › SoundMAGIC E50S In Ear Isolating Earphones with Microphone - RED by pformagg
- › Sony MDR-7520 Professional Headphones by Malfunkt
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2