or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Dedicated Source Components › Sonic Satori - HRT Levels the Field with the MicroStreamer
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sonic Satori - HRT Levels the Field with the MicroStreamer - Page 53

post #781 of 1201
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilly87 View Post
 

Just checked my line-out with my Klipsch Promedia 2.1, no channel imbalance in mine. I'd do a little more testing with a second system if possible to make sure it's not an issue with your speakers, then reach out to HRT once you feel certain there's a real problem, I'm sure they'll be glad to help.

I tried the exact same thing, put my K550 headphones in the line-out. There is music in the left phone while the right one only distorts, there is no audible music at all. I think my mS is broken, I'll send a mail to HRT and talk to the retailer tomorrow. 

Thanks for the input! :)

post #782 of 1201
Any time :-) HRT has shown nothing short of excellence in helping their customers thus far, I'm sure you'll be treated well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peccz View Post

I tried the exact same thing, put my K550 headphones in the line-out. There is music in the left phone while the right one only distorts, there is no audible music at all. I think my mS is broken, I'll send a mail to HRT and talk to the retailer tomorrow. 
Thanks for the input! smily_headphones1.gif
post #783 of 1201

Update:

Went to the store (Lars Bengtssons Ljud/Video on St. Eriksplan in Stockholm, for those of you who live in Sweden) and told them about the problem. I got a new microStreamer right away, no paperwork or testing or anything. Great customer care!

 

The new one works as it should, even got it to work with my old Linux laptop (though it seems to resample everything right now...)! :)

post #784 of 1201

Glad to hear it :) Enjoy!

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peccz View Post
 

Update:

Went to the store (Lars Bengtssons Ljud/Video on St. Eriksplan in Stockholm, for those of you who live in Sweden) and told them about the problem. I got a new microStreamer right away, no paperwork or testing or anything. Great customer care!

 

The new one works as it should, even got it to work with my old Linux laptop (though it seems to resample everything right now...)! :)

post #785 of 1201

I've been using the microstreamer with my PC and Android phone +6 months now and I have been very satisfied. Today, I went ahead to install uS_1V3.bin and somehow the upgrade was faulty. Now the microstreamer isn't recognised by PC or phone. I have windows 7 Proffessional and I have tried the obvious actions like restart, fragmentation but nothing helps. Any suggestions?

post #786 of 1201
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodcans View Post
 

Agreed on the iphone out. Much improvement over MBP out! I put some Dual Lock on my iPhone, very handy:

 

 

Woodcans: What USB cable are you using with your mS? I assume the lightening connector is the Apple Camera (female USB)?

post #787 of 1201

Not recognized at all? Like your computer doesn't even detect it? Have you tried checking out your device manager to see if you need to modify any settings there?

 

I'm on the latest upgrade using Windows 7 and it works great; wish it could be used by more than one application at a time, but other than that I've had zero issues.

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by jagu View Post
 

I've been using the microstreamer with my PC and Android phone +6 months now and I have been very satisfied. Today, I went ahead to install uS_1V3.bin and somehow the upgrade was faulty. Now the microstreamer isn't recognised by PC or phone. I have windows 7 Proffessional and I have tried the obvious actions like restart, fragmentation but nothing helps. Any suggestions?

post #788 of 1201
Quote:
Originally Posted by lostinla View Post

Woodcans: What USB cable are you using with your mS? I assume the lightening connector is the Apple Camera (female USB)?

It's the short one that comes in this set. And yes, Apple CCK.
post #789 of 1201
Quote:
Originally Posted by uzi74 View Post
 

Is anyone using the microstreamer on an android phone with cyanogenmod 11 kernel (not playing via UAPP or UARP, but google music or spotify)? I have issues with clicking sounds after 4-5 minutes of listening. This is not happening using a Fiio E07k, just with the HRT. I've tried playing with the feedback settings, first I thought there is an improvement, but unfortunately not.

 

Hi there,

 

I've trying to use the HRT microstreamer with my Galaxy S4 (i9505). As some of you know, with stock ROM does not work, but with cyanogen ROM it does.

 

I tried with 10.2 and with 11 versions and I have the clicking sounds. It's frustrating because the audio quality is there, it works, but with clicking noises. I tried with different kernels without any luck.

 

Kevin from support told me to change settings in upstream utility but that did not work. He also suggested to try with a powered USB hub to help the HRT to get enogh power. But that does not make a lot of sense to me, I think it gets enough power from the phone (Should I try???)

 

So, at the moment, there's not any solution to use the HRT Microstreamer with a Galaxy S4?


Edited by king conan - 1/9/14 at 10:22pm
post #790 of 1201
Quote:
Originally Posted by walkman_heart View Post


my mistake I was using UAPP, our microstreamer has better synergy with android otg than using it with my laptop(win7 and foobar wasapi)

it has clean and refined sound than my laptop, truly android and UAPP does wonderful magic to experience the best in portable audio

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

 

Can you explain a little bit more, please?

 

Edit:

 

I guess UAPP is the USB Audio Player Pro, right? Nice if it works but I love to listen to spotify in my phone and UAPP does not work with other apps. So there's no solution?


Edited by king conan - 1/9/14 at 10:36pm
post #791 of 1201
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilly87 View Post
 

 

Thanks for your reply, Gilly87!

 

I have checked device manager and it says "unknown device", "drivers not installed correctly", in Swedish though.

I also have a HRT Headstreamer mobile and yesterday I upgraded it to the latest firmware successfully. My hypothesis is that the writing to the ms was interrupted and has left it with an empty or corrupted image. So my question is there another way to write/push using e.g. via cmd? I have sent mail to the HRT Support about this.

post #792 of 1201

According to Steve Kondik CM11 has power management issues with phones equipped with the msm8974 chipest (like the nexus 5 and S4):

https://plus.google.com/+SteveKondik/posts/3cw2DWbbM1p

Hopefully they are going to figure out soon what is wrong. So far the only solution is to pause the song for 5-8 secs and than continue playing it - I get 4-5 clear minutes again.

A Fiio E07k (self powered DAC) does not has this issue. ( maybe that is not using asynchrous USB or because it is self powered?) I did try the microstreamer with a Y power cable, but not with a powered HUB, if you have one I would be interested if it fixed the clicking.

 

Which ROMs did you try?

post #793 of 1201
Hmmm...To be honest I have no idea. HRT support hasnt failed us yet though so I'm sure they can help you figure it out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jagu View Post

Thanks for your reply, Gilly87!

I have checked device manager and it says "unknown device", "drivers not installed correctly", in Swedish though.
I also have a HRT Headstreamer mobile and yesterday I upgraded it to the latest firmware successfully. My hypothesis is that the writing to the ms was interrupted and has left it with an empty or corrupted image. So my question is there another way to write/push using e.g. via cmd? I have sent mail to the HRT Support about this.
post #794 of 1201
Quote:
Originally Posted by uzi74 View Post

According to Steve Kondik CM11 has power management issues with phones equipped with the msm8974 chipest (like the nexus 5 and S4):

https://plus.google.com/+SteveKondik/posts/3cw2DWbbM1p

Hopefully they are going to figure out soon what is wrong. So far the only solution is to pause the song for 5-8 secs and than continue playing it - I get 4-5 clear minutes again.

A Fiio E07k (self powered DAC) does not has this issue. ( maybe that is not using asynchrous USB or because it is self powered?) I did try the microstreamer with a Y power cable, but not with a powered HUB, if you have one I would be interested if it fixed the clicking.

 

Which ROMs did you try?


got rid of this problem after upgrading the firmware to 4.3 (xxueml1)

now UAPP and S4(i9505) is working together flawlessly wink.gif

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
post #795 of 1201
Quote:
Originally Posted by uzi74 View Post
 

According to Steve Kondik CM11 has power management issues with phones equipped with the msm8974 chipest (like the nexus 5 and S4):

https://plus.google.com/+SteveKondik/posts/3cw2DWbbM1p

Hopefully they are going to figure out soon what is wrong. So far the only solution is to pause the song for 5-8 secs and than continue playing it - I get 4-5 clear minutes again.

A Fiio E07k (self powered DAC) does not has this issue. ( maybe that is not using asynchrous USB or because it is self powered?) I did try the microstreamer with a Y power cable, but not with a powered HUB, if you have one I would be interested if it fixed the clicking.

 

Which ROMs did you try?

 

I tried stable CyanogenMOD 10.2, 11 nightly, and in both cases I also flashed ktoonz kernel just to try. In every case I get the clicking noises. It's sad because it works without any extra app.

 

I also tried a Y shape OTG usb cable without any luck. I returned to stock ROM, I'm not sure if I want to try to buy a powered usb hub. Adding those extra cables kills the portabilty.

 

I'll wait if cyanogen solves this problem... Tell us please any news about it. I really don't like AUPP solution. I want to use streaming services for music.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Dedicated Source Components
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Dedicated Source Components › Sonic Satori - HRT Levels the Field with the MicroStreamer