Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Dedicated Source Components › Sonic Satori - HRT Levels the Field with the MicroStreamer
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sonic Satori - HRT Levels the Field with the MicroStreamer - Page 50

post #736 of 985
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenshinhimura View Post
 

merry christmas mike. i was wondering if you would recommend the geek dac over the microstreamer from what you remember of the sound signature. have a chance to get in on the geek pulse and i'm sure the dac section will be the same from geek pulse and geek out.

I'm sorry to betray my MS brethren here - but things EVOLVE.

So YES!

 

When @warrenpchi and I heard the original GEEK (the USB Dongle DAC/amp) at RMAF we said to each other - uh oh, the microStreamer killer!!

BUT - I haven't lived with it yet! Should have one early January.

 

However if you can get in on the Geek Pulse, 

well - I gotta lay my head on the pillow at night, so I can't pull punches, and I don't - so...

GO FOR IT!

 

That's what my gut tells me.

I mean, look at my face while listening to the lil GEEK driving my LCD-3s (I think it says it al) at RMAF 2013:

 

 

SO sorry for going off-topic here guys!!

post #737 of 985
well at long last microstreamer is working flawlessly with the new version of UARP using my S4(i9505)

I'm sooo happy now √ľ

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
post #738 of 985
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by walkman_heart View Post

well at long last microstreamer is working flawlessly with the new version of UARP using my S4(i9505)

I'm sooo happy now √ľ

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

GREAT news!

and thanks for realin' it back to the MS!!

post #739 of 985
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemercer View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkman_heart View Post

well at long last microstreamer is working flawlessly with the new version of UARP using my S4(i9505)

I'm sooo happy now √ľ

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

GREAT news!

and thanks for realin' it back to the MS!!


my mistake I was using UAPP, our microstreamer has better synergy with android otg than using it with my laptop(win7 and foobar wasapi)

it has clean and refined sound than my laptop, truly android and UAPP does wonderful magic to experience the best in portable audio

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
post #740 of 985
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by walkman_heart View Post


my mistake I was using UAPP, our microstreamer has better synergy with android otg than using it with my laptop(win7 and foobar wasapi)

it has clean and refined sound than my laptop, truly android and UAPP does wonderful magic to experience the best in portable audio

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

SO glad to hear this!

I'm about to give it a shot w/ my Wife's Galaxy celly!!

 

post #741 of 985
Yes I am. I just tries again on the Ipad and same results. However, when I plug in the HRT Headstreamer, I get plenty of amplification and a nice full sound. Also used JDS Labs C5D and got more than ample volume. I think, unless others are having same issue, that I may have a faulty MS. Hopefully Kevin can sort me out on this one.
post #742 of 985
Deleted
post #743 of 985
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemercer View Post

You're using a CCK-USB to the microStreamer from the iPad?
Yes I am. I just tried again on the Ipad and same results. However, when I plug in the HRT Headstreamer, I get plenty of amplification and a nice full sound. Also used JDS Labs C5D and got more than ample volume. I think, unless others are having same issue, that I may have a faulty MS. Hopefully Kevin can sort me out on this one.
post #744 of 985
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by neuromancer View Post

Yes I am. I just tries again on the Ipad and same results. However, when I plug in the HRT Headstreamer, I get plenty of amplification and a nice full sound. Also used JDS Labs C5D and got more than ample volume. I think, unless others are having same issue, that I may have a faulty MS. Hopefully Kevin can sort me out on this one.

yeah I'd email him.

I can get you some contact info if you need...

 

I use my MS w/ my iPad2 at least a couple times a month - never a problem.

Lemme know if you need the info.

 

@Kevin_Halverson  - if you see this..

 

 - I also used my Headstreamer w/ my iPad long ago

LOVED it!!

 

and you inspired me to pull my Headstreamer outta my desk!

post #745 of 985

Hello Mike,

 

I can only suggest that this user may not have complied with the requirements that the microStreamer has to be running firmware version 1.2 or later.  There are thousands (if not tens of thousands) of end users running the microStreamer with various iDevices and other portable host platforms.  Please pass along that they can always email me with questions.  My email address is kevin@hirestech.com or they can email the general support@hirestech.com address too.

 

Don't know if you heard or not, but I am on medical leave as I suffered some rather serious injuries last month while riding my bicycle on my daily commute home.  Long story short, ambulance ride, surgery, a week in the hospital and up to a year of recovery, so I traded in my two rather fast road bike wheels for four rather slow wheelchair ones; a rather poor trade if I do say so myself.  I am making progress, but the recovery is way too slow for my taste.  So, hoping that 2014 will be a better year than how 2013 ended for me!

 

Hope all is well with you,

 

Kevin

post #746 of 985
All the best for you Kevin! Hope you have a fast and full recovery!
post #747 of 985

So sorry to hear it Kevin! I ride to work too, so sorry something happened to you; I hope you're able to get back on your bike before too long!

post #748 of 985

Thanks for the quick recovery wishes.  I have been a road bike rider (and a racer when I was younger) for over 40 years now, and after just over a month, I am already really missing the daily rides.  I got real serious about getting back into shape about a year ago and up until the 'event' was feeling rather good about myself and what I accomplished.  Now, I would be happy to be the slowest guy just to be back on the saddle.  From all I can tell, I am going to beat the estimates of a 1 year recovery but right now, I am happy to just be able to move at all under my own power.

 

Enough about me.  Please let everyone know that if there is ever any HRT questions, it is probably best to email us directly as I don't get to this or any of the forums on a regular basis.

 

Thanks again,

 

Kevin

post #749 of 985
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin_Halverson View Post
 

Hello Mike,

 

I can only suggest that this user may not have complied with the requirements that the microStreamer has to be running firmware version 1.2 or later.  There are thousands (if not tens of thousands) of end users running the microStreamer with various iDevices and other portable host platforms.  Please pass along that they can always email me with questions.  My email address is kevin@hirestech.com or they can email the general support@hirestech.com address too.

 

Don't know if you heard or not, but I am on medical leave as I suffered some rather serious injuries last month while riding my bicycle on my daily commute home.  Long story short, ambulance ride, surgery, a week in the hospital and up to a year of recovery, so I traded in my two rather fast road bike wheels for four rather slow wheelchair ones; a rather poor trade if I do say so myself.  I am making progress, but the recovery is way too slow for my taste.  So, hoping that 2014 will be a better year than how 2013 ended for me!

 

Hope all is well with you,

 

Kevin

OH MAN Kevin!

 

I didn't hear.

I'll send you an email ASAP!

 

I know the feeling, as you remember - so I'm SO freakin' sorry brother.

I'm glad to hear you're making a recovery, and I know it's SLOW - which sucks.

 

Thanks for taking the time to respond!

 

Sending GOOD VIBES!

post #750 of 985

Mike.  Dude.  Please clarify. Are you saying that Geek may kill microStreamer for demanding headphones like your Audeze or are you saying it's gonna kill across the board? I mean, the Audeze were always kind of a stretch for the microStreamer anyway, right?

 

I'm reading over on the Geek thread how people want to find the perfect version for both their IEMs and their HD650s. WTF?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Dedicated Source Components
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Dedicated Source Components › Sonic Satori - HRT Levels the Field with the MicroStreamer