I upgraded my microStreamer to 1.3. I have not had a chance to listen to is much, but...
I used a generic(cheap) CCK connect to my MS from my iPad 3 running iOS 6.1 and it works! It never worked before. In fact, that knock-off CCK never worked with anything before. Even when I connected a powered USB hub, that CCK never worked.
Now it works with the MS without a hub too.
I confirmed it was the firmware upgrade because I have another MS with 1.2 firmware and it does not work with the same setup. I just swapped out the MS's and the 1.3 firmware works and the 1.2 does not.
I have an e-mail into Kevin at HRT and the local HRT distributor to see if they had info and the changes in the firmware. We'll see what they say.
Ummm... Nevermind. It ends up my other microStreamer that didn't work was on 1.1 firmware. Once I upgraded it to 1.2, then it also worked with my iPad.
Sorry for the confusion.
I did hear back from Kevin at HRT and he said, "1v3 on the microStreamer was done for some internal testing issues and would have no effect (other than a bit of a light show at boot up) on yours or any users' day to day operation."