I have about 200$ Canadian to spend on new headphones. I really like the sound of my shure SE215-Ks and would preferably find something like them headphone sized. I've been looking at the m50s and the a700. I listen to rock and classicalish music.
- productAKG K167 Tiesto Closed-Back DJ Studio Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 1/21/15
- productAudio Technica ATH-A900X | Art Monitor Headphones (Japan Import)tagged by nightmancometh, 1/21/15
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 1/21/15
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 770 Premium 32 OHM Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 1/21/15
- productShure SE215tagged by nightmancometh, 1/21/15
- productUltrasone HFI-580tagged by nightmancometh, 1/21/15
Related Forum Threads
- Yet another "what should i buy". Last post on 11/18/12 at 3:12pm in Headphones (full-size)
- M50s , Monster DIamond Tears or something else? Last post on 11/23/12 at 9:39am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for some new Over Ear cans Last post on 11/16/12 at 4:06pm in Headphones (full-size)
- No clue of what headphones to get. Last post on 11/11/12 at 1:59am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
These are good headphones. I would have preferred a hard carrying case for the headphones, but, when you consider the cost of these cans, the soft carrying bag is acceptable. If you really...
This review is the summary section of Yulong DA8II in-depth review here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/779702/yulong-da8ii-in-depth-review Please visit the above thread for more...
[[SPOILER]] Introduction: Aune Audio has been making affordable audiophile products for quite a while now – They have a number of desktop DACs and amplifiers, and recently made an entry into the...
The ATH-CK9LTD’s were purchased by me and I’m not in any way affiliated with Audio-Technica. I’ve reviewed the ATH-CKR9 and ATH-CKR10 earlier, those reviews are available...
Intro: JDS Labs, Is an American company based in Collinsville, Illinois. They make headphone amplifiers & DAC’s. Mr. John Seaber is the man behind JDS Labs. We might remember JDS Labs when they...
Wanting some new headphones.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Never get to try those SE215 but it seems like it has some bass emphasis. Heard it has good quality of bass & I don't think ATH-M50 will fit you as it has some very uncotrolled bass that bleeds to the mids. If you accept open headphones, Grados are good.
Unfortunately with your budget, any headphone will be a step-down in quality overall basically. The SE215's for their cost are excellent. A headphone will not have the low end ability of those IEM's at this price range. So keep that in mind.
Maybe look into:
Ultrasone HFI 580
If an on ear phone would suffice you should find Sennheiser HD25-1 II for the top end of your budget. Pretty much the standard in DJ phones and highly regarded. But more bass than the Shures but not as detailed IMO.
- Wanting some new headphones.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 17 seconds ago
- › [TOUR] Cayin N5 DAP (AK4490EQ, DSD, 2.5mm balanced headphone) 47 seconds ago
- › Official HIFIMAN HE1000 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › The Best IEM's for Bass are...... (The IEM Bass club) 1 minute ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 1 minute ago
- › New jvc ha fr202v extreme explosives iems 2 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 3 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 4 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 4 minutes ago
- › Review of Audio Technica ATH-IM01, ATH-IM02, ATH-IM03, ATH-IM04,... 5 minutes ago
- › Shure SRH840 by Double-A
- › Yulong Audio DA8 II by earfonia
- › Aune X1S 32Bit/384KHz DSD DAC Headphone Amplifier black by avitron142
- › Audio-technica Ath-m50 Studio Monitor Headphones Limited Red Model... by peter123
- › JDS Labs ODAC by YoYo JoKeR
- › Westone UM Pro10 High Performance Single Driver Noise-Isolating... by ShaftShanker
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by Pokemonn
- › Brainwavz Jive by peter123
- › SoundMAGIC E50S In Ear Isolating Earphones with Microphone - RED by pformagg
- › Sony MDR-7520 Professional Headphones by Malfunkt
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2