I have about 200$ Canadian to spend on new headphones. I really like the sound of my shure SE215-Ks and would preferably find something like them headphone sized. I've been looking at the m50s and the a700. I listen to rock and classicalish music.
- productAKG K167 Tiesto Closed-Back DJ Studio Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 1/21/15
- productAudio Technica ATH-A900X | Art Monitor Headphones (Japan Import)tagged by nightmancometh, 1/21/15
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 1/21/15
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 770 Premium 32 OHM Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 1/21/15
- productShure SE215tagged by nightmancometh, 1/21/15
- productUltrasone HFI-580tagged by nightmancometh, 1/21/15
Related Forum Threads
- Yet another "what should i buy". Last post on 11/18/12 at 3:12pm in Headphones (full-size)
- M50s , Monster DIamond Tears or something else? Last post on 11/23/12 at 9:39am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for some new Over Ear cans Last post on 11/16/12 at 4:06pm in Headphones (full-size)
- No clue of what headphones to get. Last post on 11/11/12 at 1:59am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
This will be more of my impressions/comparisons and less of a review. I will be comparing them to the HD800 & K712 Pro ran over USB to the Cayin Spark C5 DAC/Amp (HD800 - Low Gain, K12 - Low Gain,...
This review is based in my experience of almost 6 months with them, running 24/96 Flacs > Foobar2K > Wasapi > Asus Realtek ALC1150 + 4580 Op-amp > HD668B I decided to reboot my interest in audio...
It is surprising that no one else has posted a review, maybe all are enjoying it too much to bother. I've been holding back from writing a review because it is important to live with a mobile...
*A Sample of the HD7 was provided by PreSounus for my unbiased review* https://www.presonus.com/products/HD7 Cloning. Not a sheep, but headphones. The PreSounus HD7 is a...
I bought these in Chicago O'Hare before I got into the Head-Fi hobby. I was looking more for a bluetooth headset solution but liked the way these sounded. After listening to Grados, Senns, and...
Wanting some new headphones.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Never get to try those SE215 but it seems like it has some bass emphasis. Heard it has good quality of bass & I don't think ATH-M50 will fit you as it has some very uncotrolled bass that bleeds to the mids. If you accept open headphones, Grados are good.
Unfortunately with your budget, any headphone will be a step-down in quality overall basically. The SE215's for their cost are excellent. A headphone will not have the low end ability of those IEM's at this price range. So keep that in mind.
Maybe look into:
Ultrasone HFI 580
If an on ear phone would suffice you should find Sennheiser HD25-1 II for the top end of your budget. Pretty much the standard in DJ phones and highly regarded. But more bass than the Shures but not as detailed IMO.
- Wanting some new headphones.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.2 41 seconds ago
- › NOBLE Savant Appreciation Thread (Impressions, Reviews, Tours) 52 seconds ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 1 minute ago
- › For 6AS7G tube rollers here ..... 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 4 minutes ago
- › Need help IEM upgrade 5 minutes ago
- › TTPOD T1-E Impressions thread 5 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 7 minutes ago
- › AKG K812 Pro 8 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by maikuirock
- › Superlux HD-668 B by ingenero
- › Sony PHA-3 Headphone Amp by cloud_c
- › PreSonus HD7 Professional Monitoring Headphones by BloodyPenguin
- › Phiaton PS 210 BTNC Bluetooth 3.0 Active Noise Cancelling Stereo... by audionut44
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by RedTwilight
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by AvidlyEclectic
- › Schiit Asgard 2 by GustavoL1
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by vaibhavp
- › LG Electronics TONE INFINIM Bluetooth Stereo Headset - Retail... by lwbanerjee
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)