Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Sennheiser Momentum impressions thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sennheiser Momentum impressions thread - Page 7

post #91 of 589

Well I guess I've seen too many people say the Momentum has too much bass. I don't even listen to electronic and dance music. It kind of annoys me that BASS is such a trend now a days. I'm probably going to just not have a portable headphone and save the money. Except it would be nice if I could find SOMETHING.

post #92 of 589
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slaphead View Post

[...] Momentum just too heavy going with most genres other than electronica, where they excel. [...]

I am very much into electronica (especially Trance and o'good Electro). I do like how my Momentums sound with electronic music when I have them connected to N900 or laptop, but this is where I would say my liking ends. When I use nad + denon dac/amp combo there electronic music sound like live only in HD215, and Momenums are really far from that experience. But this i my own opinion
post #93 of 589
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hifi Man View Post

Well I guess I've seen too many people say the Momentum has too much bass. I don't even listen to electronic and dance music. It kind of annoys me that BASS is such a trend now a days. I'm probably going to just not have a portable headphone and save the money. Except it would be nice if I could find SOMETHING.

Without trying to derail the thread too much, but I have to ask what problems are you having with the Amperior? I think part of my problem with the Momentum is that I use the AKG Q701 as my reference cans for classical and acoustic, and the Momentum is the complete antithesis of the Q701. I find the HD25 to be a far closer match for portable use, but with added fun factor which works with pretty much all genres.

I don't think there is such a thing as the perfect portable closed back, even at the price point of 3-400 bucks. Everybody has different preferences, and at the end of the day you have to use your ears to listen and decide which of the upper market portables you can enjoy and live with.
post #94 of 589

Im going to go to my local apple store and take my ipod, sennheiser 202 and px 100s.Im going to give them momentums a try.I have a feeling that i will still think that the px100s are better.

 

post #95 of 589
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slaphead View Post


Without trying to derail the thread too much, but I have to ask what problems are you having with the Amperior? I think part of my problem with the Momentum is that I use the AKG Q701 as my reference cans for classical and acoustic, and the Momentum is the complete antithesis of the Q701. I find the HD25 to be a far closer match for portable use, but with added fun factor which works with pretty much all genres.

I don't think there is such a thing as the perfect portable closed back, even at the price point of 3-400 bucks. Everybody has different preferences, and at the end of the day you have to use your ears to listen and decide which of the upper market portables you can enjoy and live with.

You can see a review I wrote from them recently in my profile.

post #96 of 589

I measured my ears and they're under 7cm which is what I was told would be the size your ears have to be under to fit. So I just ordered the Sennheiser Momentums. Wish me super luck that I enjoy them!

post #97 of 589

Super luck to ya!! ;)

post #98 of 589

Thanks!

post #99 of 589
Quote:
Originally Posted by acti0n View Post

After demoing the Momentum for about 30 minutes at Best Buy, I fell in love with the sound and bought a pair. Unfortunately, after 30 minutes, comfort became an issue and I had to return them. The ear cups are too small for my averaged-sized ears and I found myself constantly readjusting them to relieve pressure points.

 

I really wish companies would treat comfort as seriously as sound quality, because good sound is not worth pain and discomfort. There are very few headphones that get comfort right.


Really? I have big ears, and with a bit of shuffling, I got through the bulk of a 15hr flight with them on - no comfort issues at all..

post #100 of 589
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim79b View Post


Really? I have big ears, and with a bit of shuffling, I got through the bulk of a 15hr flight with them on - no comfort issues at all..

 

I had this problem too, the cups are just too narrow. Are there any other earpads that might fit the cup that I could switch them out with?

post #101 of 589

Really love the design of these cans, I personally think they are up there with the prettiest headphones of all time. 

post #102 of 589
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjv1990 View Post

Really love the design of these cans, I personally think they are up there with the prettiest headphones of all time. 


+1 , I was actually surprised by this "sleek" Senn design, since their cans are mostly bulky looking.


Edited by musiclife - 6/22/13 at 7:46am
post #103 of 589
I returned mine due to crappy cables, didn't feel like it will last for years and the earpads were extremely uneven
post #104 of 589
Quote:
Originally Posted by koolas View Post


I am very much into electronica (especially Trance and o'good Electro). I do like how my Momentums sound with electronic music when I have them connected to N900 or laptop, but this is where I would say my liking ends. When I use nad + denon dac/amp combo there electronic music sound like live only in HD215, and Momenums are really far from that experience. But this i my own opinion

There is no such thing as a (unique) sound like "live electronic music", since electronic instruments require amplification and loudspeakers.

If you mean what you hear in a concert, it totally depends on the venue, it's equipment and electronics and whatever the sound engineers and/or the artist(s) wanted to do. Add to this your placement on the venue and the raw SPL which will affect your perception of the sound. I've never been to two concerts that sounded the same.

 

I do realise what you mean, though, and I do agree that the HD215 sounds like the sound at a crappy electronic music concert, with ear-raping SPL and treble.

post #105 of 589

Well alright! These headphones are really nice! I don't feel any worry about returning them, there's just nothing wrong with them! I think I'm officially happy with this purchase. Unless start to feel soreness in my ears like I did with the amperiors, which isn't happening after about an hour of wearing them, which is a lot longer than my ears lasted than with the amperior.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Sennheiser Momentum impressions thread