If it makes any difference, these are the black ones.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser MOMENTUMtagged by System, 2/28/13
Related Forum Threads
- Why is the Sennheiser Momentum is consirderd really good headphones when the spec is weak? Last post on 2/8/15 at 10:24pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Senn Momentums, lateral upgrade or ? Last post on 3/5/15 at 7:03am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Sennheiser Wireless Momentums Last post on 1/26/15 at 3:39am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help deciding on a good set of closed-back phones below $300 Last post on 1/23/15 at 5:35pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Gear Sale: Aurisonics ASG 2, FiiO E17K, Aune T1, and more! Last post on 3/25/15 at 6:58pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
I began to search for a shorter cable for my HD600 just because the stock cable is to long for using with a portable device. I didn't want to spend to much under $100. I did the standard Amazon and...
Exclusive sound, high quality patents "sandwich diaphragm" metal meets the technical.
I will leave the technical speak and unboxing play-by-play to the reviews that are already here, done by people who do a much better job than I can currently manage. Just know that the iDSD Micro...
Ok, I've had these for a while now and decided to leave some feedback on these. First thing, the sound from these IEM's (earphones) are nothing short of excellent with a few minor dislikes. At...
I purchased a Bakoon HPA-01 off Massdrop for around $1200 (it is normally around $1700 retail) due to the reputation of Bakoon Japan for making stunning amps. The HPA-01 is from Bakoon Korea,...
Sennheiser Momentum impressions thread - Page 50
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I have a pair of the original Momentum's. I talked to Sennheiser today about getting the new earcups for the older Momentums. They told me that officially they do not support them but that it was pretty easy to mod the fitting to make it work. Has anyone done this? I love my Momentums but they are quite uncomfortable after about an hour of wearing them due to my glasses. I have been putting the headphones on first then laying the side pieces of my glasses on top of the earcups. That works but is kind of annoying.
Just a note for new Momentum customers/owners. The Momentums are a bit dark and closed-in sounding for the first 25-40 hours; they open up considerably after being run in for a bit, so if they are brand new and sound a bit dark, give them some playing time.
I bought the Momentum as an upgrade to the HD202, and I'm pretty happy with it, just one question though, is most modern music bass skewed to the left? Or is it my ears hehe?
The only song I didn't notice it was Daft Punk - Doin' it Right (bass was clearly on the right). Michael Jackson - Love never felt so good on the other hand seems to be slight left.
Just received my black over ear Momentums. Sound fantastic out of the box. I got them used like new for $110.99.
They are brand new. Cables still sealed and plastic on earpads. I don.t think they were ever worn. Only thing I did not get was box. Shipped in the case. I am pretty happy with fit. Pads could be a little bigger but still more comfortable than my V-MODA M-80s. Best part is there only going to get better with burnin.
Edited by bikerboy94 - 2/25/15 at 11:48am
So, here I go. First day of use. So far they sound good. Not mind blowing as I expected by the praising reviews. I guess I need to give them some burn-in... or else I did get fakes. For the record, I first tested them by listening to The Beatles Revolver album, mono vinyl (2014 pure analog remaster), now I'm listening to Bob Dylan's 1978 Street Legal on my PC (FLAC, ripped from 2013 remastered CD). While I did discover a couple of new sounds on the Beatles vinyl, Dylan sounds just the same as it sounded on my previous $20 phones (I was unable to AB because my cheap 'phones died a couple of weeks ago, but if there is any difference, I didn't notice it). I'm still curious, did I get fakes? Do I need to burn them in (most reviews claim they sound awesome right from the box)? Is my hearing that bad that I cannot appreciate the beauty and the detail?
Regarding the comfort issue, there is something about them indeed. My ears fit just fine (I happen to be a midget with very small ears), but I still feel too much pressure on them after a while. Nothing that hurts too much, but makes me have second thoughts about my purchase. I will give them a couple of days to burn in and adjust to my ears.
Edited by VeggiePopper - 4/2/15 at 5:48am
Looks like Sennheiser is having quite a sale ... some Momentums are priced as low as $75 !
Used like new Over ear Momentums $110.99 Shipped Will be new just no retail box.
On ear $65.49 shipped
I got my first generation full-size momentum last week. I can't complain about the sound though the small earpads makes me really uncomfortable after wearing it for 1 or 2 hours. The momentum 2.0 is still too pricy compares to the first generation.
Give them a little time they will get better. Took awhile for me to find the sweet spot for comfort. Now no problem.
- Sennheiser Momentum impressions thread
- › Finding a DAC for the Cavalli Liquid Carbon. Only Four Months to Go. 22 seconds ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 1 minute ago
- › DUNU DN-2000J -- More Than Evolution? 1 minute ago
- › JH Audio Layla and Angie - Head-Fi TV 1 minute ago
- › HIFIMAN Flagship Headphone HE1000 Beta Testing Opportunity – it’s... 2 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 2 minutes ago
- › FS: LH GeekOut 450 2 minutes ago
- › Headphones for Sony Xperia Z3 3 minutes ago
- › RHA T10 Vs Sennheiser IE80 3 minutes ago
- › MIT Study on Articulation Pole Technology 3 minutes ago
- › Tennmak Sennheiser HD600/650 Short Cable by bikerboy94
- › Original Xiaomi Piston III Youth Edition Earphone Earbuds Headset... by leoscarax
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by knorris908
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by interpolate
- › Bakoon HPA-01 by Currawong
- › Pioneer SE-CX8-T Headphone, Bright Copper by Luckbad
- › Sennheiser HD 239 Headphones Black by rigodeni
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by twister6
- › Signature Acoustics O16 Live by kova4a
- › Sennheiser HD 428 Headphones by rensin
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2