If it makes any difference, these are the black ones.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser MOMENTUMtagged by System, 2/28/13
Related Forum Threads
- Why is the Sennheiser Momentum is consirderd really good headphones when the spec is weak? Last post on 2/8/15 at 10:24pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Senn Momentums, lateral upgrade or ? Last post on 3/5/15 at 7:03am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Sennheiser Wireless Momentums Last post on 1/26/15 at 3:39am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help deciding on a good set of closed-back phones below $300 Last post on 1/23/15 at 5:35pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Gear Sale: Aurisonics ASG 2, FiiO E17K, Aune T1, and more! Last post on 3/25/15 at 6:58pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
This review is for Master & Dynamic MH30 over the ear. My name is Adam I am a 38 years old headphone and iem collector. I don't consider myself an audiophile but have been into music and audio...
This little player can take a beating. I am not careful with this device and I've dropped it many times on all types of surfaces and it keeps going. I have had my player for nearly 3 years now and...
I've always looked into "budget-fi" since I've got more interested in proper headphones thus making me get the CALs, Takstar Pro 80s and now the Somic MH463. I will be doing some direct comparisons...
I have been looking for a desktop amp/dac for a while now as I have not had one for the last few years (last desktop amp was a Naim headline 2 with NPSC power supply which was okay but nothing...
Very strong and impactfull bass, great build quality. High input power. It is very sensible, has a very loud volume. Very good for DJ monitoring. Not confortable! Very fatiguing. It makes a...
Sennheiser Momentum impressions thread - Page 50
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I have a pair of the original Momentum's. I talked to Sennheiser today about getting the new earcups for the older Momentums. They told me that officially they do not support them but that it was pretty easy to mod the fitting to make it work. Has anyone done this? I love my Momentums but they are quite uncomfortable after about an hour of wearing them due to my glasses. I have been putting the headphones on first then laying the side pieces of my glasses on top of the earcups. That works but is kind of annoying.
Just a note for new Momentum customers/owners. The Momentums are a bit dark and closed-in sounding for the first 25-40 hours; they open up considerably after being run in for a bit, so if they are brand new and sound a bit dark, give them some playing time.
I bought the Momentum as an upgrade to the HD202, and I'm pretty happy with it, just one question though, is most modern music bass skewed to the left? Or is it my ears hehe?
The only song I didn't notice it was Daft Punk - Doin' it Right (bass was clearly on the right). Michael Jackson - Love never felt so good on the other hand seems to be slight left.
Just received my black over ear Momentums. Sound fantastic out of the box. I got them used like new for $110.99.
They are brand new. Cables still sealed and plastic on earpads. I don.t think they were ever worn. Only thing I did not get was box. Shipped in the case. I am pretty happy with fit. Pads could be a little bigger but still more comfortable than my V-MODA M-80s. Best part is there only going to get better with burnin.
Edited by bikerboy94 - 2/25/15 at 11:48am
So, here I go. First day of use. So far they sound good. Not mind blowing as I expected by the praising reviews. I guess I need to give them some burn-in... or else I did get fakes. For the record, I first tested them by listening to The Beatles Revolver album, mono vinyl (2014 pure analog remaster), now I'm listening to Bob Dylan's 1978 Street Legal on my PC (FLAC, ripped from 2013 remastered CD). While I did discover a couple of new sounds on the Beatles vinyl, Dylan sounds just the same as it sounded on my previous $20 phones (I was unable to AB because my cheap 'phones died a couple of weeks ago, but if there is any difference, I didn't notice it). I'm still curious, did I get fakes? Do I need to burn them in (most reviews claim they sound awesome right from the box)? Is my hearing that bad that I cannot appreciate the beauty and the detail?
Regarding the comfort issue, there is something about them indeed. My ears fit just fine (I happen to be a midget with very small ears), but I still feel too much pressure on them after a while. Nothing that hurts too much, but makes me have second thoughts about my purchase. I will give them a couple of days to burn in and adjust to my ears.
Edited by VeggiePopper - 4/2/15 at 5:48am
Looks like Sennheiser is having quite a sale ... some Momentums are priced as low as $75 !
Used like new Over ear Momentums $110.99 Shipped Will be new just no retail box.
On ear $65.49 shipped
- Sennheiser Momentum impressions thread
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 25 seconds ago
- › Fostex TH900 mods 44 seconds ago
- › Cambridge meet impressions, 25 April 2015 1 minute ago
- › The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz) 3 minutes ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 4 minutes ago
- › JVC new top tier Wooden IEM : JVC HA FX 1100 4 minutes ago
- › VSonic VSD5 Impressions/Appreciation Thread. VSonic's answer to... 4 minutes ago
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why delta-sigma sucks) 5 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 5 minutes ago
- › RHA MA-750i Review 5 minutes ago
- › Master & Dynamic MH30 On Ear Headphone - Black by acain
- › SanDisk SDMX22-004G-A57K Sansa Clip Zip 4 GB, Black by kite7
- › Somic HD MH463 Open-air Dynamic Pro Headphones (Black) by weirdek
- › Chord Hugo by FortisFlyer75
- › Technics RP-DH1200 DJ Headphones by Johannus
- › Bravo Audio S1 Class A Deluxe Headphone Amplifier with Op-amp by YoYo JoKeR
- › MEElectronics A151P Gen.2 Balanced Armature In-Ear Monitors by YoYo JoKeR
- › PSB M4U 1 by squee116
- › Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro Limited Edition 32 Ohm by goropeza
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by rigodeni
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2