Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Sennheiser Momentum impressions thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sennheiser Momentum impressions thread - Page 49

post #721 of 730

I've always wanted a pair of the over-ears and finally I bought a pair in Ivory for a good deal today. Haven't had a chance for a good listen yet. But first impression are positive. My ears fit in the cups just about perfectly. 

post #722 of 730

Hi, m8te,

 

I'll be looking forward to hearing from your opinion! I would also like to buy the same pair of cans (probably ivory too).

post #723 of 730

I'm also curious about these, I keep hearing good things.

post #724 of 730
Quote:
Originally Posted by petterware View Post
 

Hi, m8te,

 

I'll be looking forward to hearing from your opinion! I would also like to buy the same pair of cans (probably ivory too).


Ok, I'm not sure what else I'm going to add over what the massive amounts other reviews which are around for these headphones. Please I went for the them in Ivory, they look great on the headphone stand next to the iMac. 

post #725 of 730
Quote:
Originally Posted by m8te View Post


Ok, I'm not sure what else I'm going to add over what the massive amounts other reviews which are around for these headphones. Please I went for the them in Ivory, they look great on the headphone stand next to the iMac. 

I've read a lot about their design, BT, noise cancelling, etc, but nothing about how they sound.

As you say they look great!
post #726 of 730

These aren't the new Momentum's announced at CES. Just the original been out of 2 odd years version. The new MOMENTUM Wireless look amazing, but at £380 is quite a lot more than the £120 I paid for originals. 

post #727 of 730

I love how sennheiser put the price £350 originally, then the day after the website was updated to show £380.

 

Either way, they know I'm a fool and I've pre ordered them already. I need something closed for work. Having them wireless just makes things a little easier at work, as we're all on portable desks and having a Fiio 17  and a DT 770 Pro was getting a little silly moving desks the whole time.

 

Sennheiser do this this all the time though, overprice hugely then drop them from time to time. I've never paid full price for a new pair of Sennheiser headphones until now.

post #728 of 730
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevierg View Post
 

Sennheiser do this this all the time though, overprice hugely then drop them from time to time. I've never paid full price for a new pair of Sennheiser headphones until now.

This certainly applies to their HD5XX series and below models.

 

However, the HD6XX and above models (with the exception of the HD700) have barely ever experienced a massive drop in price, certainly not the way HD5XX and Momentum did ... (some places, over 50% discount over the original MSRP).

post #729 of 730

I would love a pair of wireless headphones for the same reason, for use at work. £380 for these are out of my range at the moment. No idea really when the M2s and wireless with be available in the UK either. 


Edited by m8te - 1/16/15 at 1:23pm
post #730 of 730

Hi,

I just got a pair of Momentums and I dig the sound. The Mids and Bass in particular are very engaging and fun, but the treble and soundstage are a little lacking for my tastes. What would be a good complimentary can I can buy that would cover the aforementioned bases that I feel the Momentums lack?

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Sennheiser Momentum impressions thread