I've always wanted a pair of the over-ears and finally I bought a pair in Ivory for a good deal today. Haven't had a chance for a good listen yet. But first impression are positive. My ears fit in the cups just about perfectly.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser Momentumtagged by System, 2/28/13
Related Forum Threads
- Need help deciding on a good set of closed-back phones below $300 Last post on 1/23/15 at 5:35pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Anyone heard of these new Ted Baker Rockall headphones? They look absolutely amazing! Last post on 1/10/15 at 11:29am in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 and Wireless! Last post on Yesterday at 4:57 pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser Momentum M2 Last post on Yesterday at 10:25 am in Headphones (full-size)
- Updated Sennheiser Momentum line Last post on 1/5/15 at 6:39pm in Headphones (full-size)
Disclaimer. I don't claim to be an expert audiophile. More of a wannabe. I do love finding under the radar headphones that are better value/quality than you might initially think. I feel like I can...
Brainwavz M1 Quick Review Thanks to mp4nation back in the day for the sample. Full length old review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/499583/brainwavz-m1-review Brief: Old but...
I have own the Dunu tridents for about 4-5 months, and about a week about, the left ear suddenly stopped working. I left them on my desk for the weekend, no spills, or anything touching them. Now i...
Intro Here is a review of the Audio-Technica CKR10 there are a couple reviews of this model already but the more reviews the better. First I would like to say thank you to Audio-Technica for...
So, a review Woo Audio WA2... I have divided it into some headings, and rated them out of 100. These are my ratings based on my personal opinion. I'm open to comments as well, feel free to voice...
Sennheiser Momentum impressions thread - Page 49
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Ok, I'm not sure what else I'm going to add over what the massive amounts other reviews which are around for these headphones. Please I went for the them in Ivory, they look great on the headphone stand next to the iMac.
I've read a lot about their design, BT, noise cancelling, etc, but nothing about how they sound.
As you say they look great!
These aren't the new Momentum's announced at CES. Just the original been out of 2 odd years version. The new MOMENTUM Wireless look amazing, but at £380 is quite a lot more than the £120 I paid for originals.
I love how sennheiser put the price £350 originally, then the day after the website was updated to show £380.
Either way, they know I'm a fool and I've pre ordered them already. I need something closed for work. Having them wireless just makes things a little easier at work, as we're all on portable desks and having a Fiio 17 and a DT 770 Pro was getting a little silly moving desks the whole time.
Sennheiser do this this all the time though, overprice hugely then drop them from time to time. I've never paid full price for a new pair of Sennheiser headphones until now.
This certainly applies to their HD5XX series and below models.
However, the HD6XX and above models (with the exception of the HD700) have barely ever experienced a massive drop in price, certainly not the way HD5XX and Momentum did ... (some places, over 50% discount over the original MSRP).
I would love a pair of wireless headphones for the same reason, for use at work. £380 for these are out of my range at the moment. No idea really when the M2s and wireless with be available in the UK either.
Edited by m8te - 1/16/15 at 1:23pm
I just got a pair of Momentums and I dig the sound. The Mids and Bass in particular are very engaging and fun, but the treble and soundstage are a little lacking for my tastes. What would be a good complimentary can I can buy that would cover the aforementioned bases that I feel the Momentums lack?
- Sennheiser Momentum impressions thread
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM Review 8 seconds ago
- › Feliks-Audio...6SN7 + 6AS7G/6080 prototype 1 minute ago
- › Audeze EL-8: The EL-8 is a must-hear at CES 2015 1 minute ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 2 minutes ago
- › QLS QA360: Another DSD-capable DAP 2 minutes ago
- › JH Audio's continued collaboration with A&K: Introducing Layla & Angie 3 minutes ago
- › Echobox: The Unveiling @ CES 2015 3 minutes ago
- › Hifiman IEM's: RE-400 and RE-600 4 minutes ago
- › Audio Technica S700BT by ironicinori
- › MP4Nation Brainwavz M1 by mark2410
- › DUNU DN-12 Trident by Ghoulcow
- › Audio Technica ATH-CKR10 IN-EAR HEADPHONE TITANIUM SONIC PRO DUAL... by acain
- › Woo Audio 2 by mikoss
- › KAM HP1 by LowDose
- › Schiit Vali by Mr Rick
- › DUNU DN-2000 Hybrid 3 way earphone by YoYo JoKeR
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-100 by Spiderman
- › Audinst HUD-mx2 by YoYo JoKeR
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)