Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Sennheiser Momentum impressions thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sennheiser Momentum impressions thread - Page 25

post #361 of 586
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdtv00 View Post
 

Black and red look to much like Beat wannabe's so I went brown. They are real nice brown and golden color.

Yes I agree. I would much rather have all black. Really none of the colors stand out to me. The v-moda m100s are starting to become even more tempting, especially since I can pick them up cheaper than the momentums. I like the colors better and the earpads are upgradeable... argh! Such a hard decision :<

post #362 of 586

I'll deff go for Brown.. But I need first to sell my HD25-2 :S

post #363 of 586

I've pretty much changed my mind to getting the m100s. Unless I can get my hands on some of those David Bowie edition momentums... ;)

post #364 of 586

I just got these in and I have to say, these cans are beautiful. Seriously gorgeous. I haven't burned them in yet but right out of the box they sound great listening to the Stooges s/t album (R.I.P. Scott Asheton). I have one question though, is there a way to get the ear cup from sliding down when wearing them? Does it lock in by any chance? They are definitely on ear phones for me but I don't mind them. I'm actually not a huge fan of over ears/around ears. 

post #365 of 586
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwyllgi View Post

Is it worth upgrade HD 25-II to momentum?
And how is comf comapred to HD25? (I mean comf of full size momentum)?
I'm very satisfied with my HD25, but in last few months I find them very uncomfortable and really want to replace them..

IMO you'll be taking a hit in sound quality. The HD25 is so much more detailed and musical, and better the Momentums in every department other than bass quantity (note that I said quantity not quality).

Don't get me wrong, however, the Momentums are a good headphone and work well, even great, with general electronica, dub step, trance etc, but they do fall down with any music that requires a detailed insight. I find that I can't listen to classical or acoustic with these as the bass is unnatural and overbearing.

That's just my opinion though - maybe keep both as they both have a place.
post #366 of 586

Although its sound is excellent, I find that my Momentum's are incredibly uncomfortable - i find myself having to take it off within half an hour as my ears hurt too much. Perhaps this is because it does not cover my ears, but my ears are too big for it too be on ear. So a bit of my ear gets 'pinched' between the leather and my head no matter how i configure it.

post #367 of 586
I've had the Momentum for a year, and I think they sound great with all kinds of music, even classical. They are on the warm side of neutral. They sound like a much more refined HD 439 and a less refined HD 650.

The mid bass is slightly boosted, but there is adequate control and the phones do not sound boomy or muddy with classical or any other music style. With an iPod touch and a Fiio e12, they sound phenomenal.

They are not as comfortable as the 600 series, but they are wearable.
post #368 of 586
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doorbell View Post
 

I just got these in and I have to say, these cans are beautiful. Seriously gorgeous. I haven't burned them in yet but right out of the box they sound great listening to the Stooges s/t album (R.I.P. Scott Asheton). I have one question though, is there a way to get the ear cup from sliding down when wearing them? Does it lock in by any chance? They are definitely on ear phones for me but I don't mind them. I'm actually not a huge fan of over ears/around ears. 

 

I don't believe there is a way to lock the ear cups, seems like they are held in place by friction.  Mine is pretty firm and does not slide down at all when I use them.

post #369 of 586

Mine should be arriving on the 3rd of April....looking forward to it

post #370 of 586
Quote:
Originally Posted by subguy812 View Post
 

Mine should be arriving on the 3rd of April....looking forward to it

 

So today is the big day, huh?

 

I just got a pair too and love them. Comfort is better than I thought and I really like their signature so far. 

 

Am listening to them after having listened exclusively to my T90 for the last 3 weeks. And, I really like what I hear.

 

Cheers, and enjoy them!

K

post #371 of 586
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koolpep View Post
 

 

So today is the big day, huh?

 

I just got a pair too and love them. Comfort is better than I thought and I really like their signature so far. 

 

Am listening to them after having listened exclusively to my T90 for the last 3 weeks. And, I really like what I hear.

 

Cheers, and enjoy them!

K


Thanks ...I am excited. I also have some NAD HP50's arriving as well. I am just replacing my PSB's with the NAD, similar sound sig from what I read. I am most excited to hear the Momentum. I am worried about comfort as well. How do you like them compared to your T90?

post #372 of 586
Quote:
Originally Posted by subguy812 View Post
 


Thanks ...I am excited. I also have some NAD HP50's arriving as well. I am just replacing my PSB's with the NAD, similar sound sig from what I read. I am most excited to hear the Momentum. I am worried about comfort as well. How do you like them compared to your T90?

 

Yes, I listened to the PSB's for a few hours as well and I believe the NAD will be very similar to the Momentum, if not better. Comfort wise, the T90 is better. Especially because it gets fully around your ears and is not lying onto them (at some parts of your ear) like the Momentum. Having said that, I am impressed with the soft quality of the leather ear pads, much more comfortable than I thought. I am sure you will be pleasantly surprised. Compared to the T90s the Momentum are more on the "fun" side of things. More bass, a bit less refined in the highs. The T90s are very musical and sparkly, they make you forget you are listening to headphones and there is just music around you. The Momentums achieve that to 98% as well. They are very different, yet close. :confused_face_2:

post #373 of 586
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koolpep View Post
 

 

Yes, I listened to the PSB's for a few hours as well and I believe the NAD will be very similar to the Momentum, if not better. Comfort wise, the T90 is better. Especially because it gets fully around your ears and is not lying onto them (at some parts of your ear) like the Momentum. Having said that, I am impressed with the soft quality of the leather ear pads, much more comfortable than I thought. I am sure you will be pleasantly surprised. Compared to the T90s the Momentum are more on the "fun" side of things. More bass, a bit less refined in the highs. The T90s are very musical and sparkly, they make you forget you are listening to headphones and there is just music around you. The Momentums achieve that to 98% as well. They are very different, yet close. :confused_face_2:


Cool...I felt I got a good deal on the Black Momentum's(239.00) over ear, but I hear the over ear aren't really over ear for many.

post #374 of 586
Quote:
Originally Posted by subguy812 View Post
 


Cool...I felt I got a good deal on the Black Momentum's(239.00) over ear, but I hear the over ear aren't really over ear for many.

Yep, I don't know if my ears are in the pads completely or not but funnily it works well for me, no comfort issues at all. Probably because the material is so nice and the foam is really soft too.

 

Cheers,

K

post #375 of 586

hello friends, this is my new Momentum limited edition only 50 pz. for italian brand IUTO....!!
http://www.thestylepusher.com/2014/02/iuter-per-sennheiser/

 

 


Edited by incursore61 - 4/5/14 at 6:03am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Sennheiser Momentum impressions thread