Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Sennheiser Momentum impressions thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sennheiser Momentum impressions thread - Page 23

post #331 of 525
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosmadi Mahmood View Post

Thanks for your feedback, Pedro. I'll be sure to forward it to the team! 

Once again sotty for the bother rosmadi but you guys also need to be carefull on another thing.... Equal pads. I have until now tried different pairs of momentums . none of those where completely over ear but at least 2 of them were completely on ear. ThiS leads me to believe that there are pads variations. On one hand this is good because after lots of trys theres always a pair that is better than the others bit on the other this can be bad because a pair can have a pad with a bigger hole on one side and a smaller one on the other.

Oh by the way.... 4th pair of momentums.... Since i am having a hard time to find anything better here i am with another new pair.... Not totally over ear but near.... Work on those pads sennheiser.... Dont make me sell the again.... :-P
Edited by Pedro Oliveira - 1/26/14 at 2:53pm
post #332 of 525
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro Oliveira View Post


Once again sotty for the bother rosmadi but you guys also need to be carefull on another thing.... Equal pads. I have until now tried different pairs of momentums . none of those where completely over ear but at least 2 of them were completely on ear. ThiS leads me to believe that there are pads variations. On one hand this is good because after lots of trys theres always a pair that is better than the others bit on the other this can be bad because a pair can have a pad with a bigger hole on one side and a smaller one on the other.

Oh by the way.... 4th pair of momentums.... Since i am having a hard time to find anything better here i am with another new pair.... Not totally over ear but near.... Work on those pads sennheiser.... Dont make me sell the again.... :-P

 

Thanks again for your feedback, Pedro! Hope you're enjoying your MOMENTUMs! :wink_face: 

post #333 of 525
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigshow33 View Post
 

Got my Birthday coming up... I think these would be a great present... Got to drop some clues for the wife...LOL yeah that will happen... For now, just wishful thinking...

You too? It'll be tomorrow for me. I had the Momemtums but damn my ears which stick out. Just not as comfortable as I'd like them to be. Other than that I loved the sound.

post #334 of 525

Just got myself a pair.

 

Sound great to my ears even though they are sat on top of my ears very detailed running from xonar dx connected to e6 amp.

 

I just don't get the over ears marketing though when they are clearly designed to sit on top of the ears, I can understand people who paid £260 $350 for these sending them back overpriced for what they are £130 $200 is more like it

 

Still at least they will last forever probably hopefully just glad I got them new for a cheaper price of £125 instead of £260 which is the cheapest they are currently in the uk.They'd be going back at £260 like many I was shocked at how tiny the earcups are they are clearly meant to sit on top of the ears no idea where the around the ear stuffs come from.

 

I think when you spend £260 $350 + you expect more the sound is great but the earpad size and low quality cables and awkward ultra narrow cable entry and i can understand the criticism because people that paid close to RRP are expecting more I just hope that travel case isn't leather because I'd imagine 9/10 just bung that case in a cupboard somewhere in the box or even bin it. Just seems a completely unnecessary added layer of cost remove the case and give us bigger earpads.


Edited by c64 - 2/15/14 at 2:07pm
post #335 of 525

Mine are going on the bay totally overpriced and overrated they are barely better than £50 goldring ns 1000.

 

All I am hearing is slightly more detail in the mid range really don't know where sennheiser are getting off trying to sell them for £260 wouldn't pay much over £100 for these.

 

All the cost is in the build quality not the sound or comfort to me they sound like £100 cans not £260.


Edited by c64 - 2/16/14 at 7:44am
post #336 of 525

This thread needs sorting out like amazon review it's full of people talking about the cheaper on ear version.

Put mine up on the bay not impressed at all really about as good as IE6 on comply tips.


Edited by c64 - 2/16/14 at 2:33pm
post #337 of 525
I've had a pair of Momentums for a month now. I am very happy with the sound quality, easily one of the best closed back Circumaural , (or semi-circumaural) I've owned. The only real complaints I have are the size, if Sennheiser would have made them a tad bit larger I believe these would sell like hotcakes. I have had issues with the stock cable as well, the 3.5mm trs has trouble making connection with the right channel. Not a huge deal for me as I re-cabled them shortly after receiving them. I was able to stretch the pads some and they fit and seal well now but i should not have to go to that trouble, not for pricey portable cans. All in all a great sounding pair of cans, but I expect a little better from Sennheiser. My favorite headphone brand by far!
post #338 of 525
I have had the Brown Momentum for one year. Two days ago, I bought the Ivory over ear version. Black leather cups, absolutely gorgeous.

But it sounds bloated and boomier than the Brown Momentum. More bass bleed, more of an in your face sound. Did Sennheiser change the Momentum to make it sound more like the on ear version?
post #339 of 525

I have been doing a lot of research on this great forum, and the over-ears are the first pair of headphones I have purchased (as I've always had IEMs), and have enjoyed them quite a bit with the E07K/E09K.  Looking forward to learning more from everyone here.

 

Cheers!  

post #340 of 525
Quote:
Originally Posted by j-project View Post
 

I have been doing a lot of research on this great forum, and the over-ears are the first pair of headphones I have purchased (as I've always had IEMs), and have enjoyed them quite a bit with the E07K/E09K.  Looking forward to learning more from everyone here.

 

Cheers!  

Enjoy! I honestly feel that if I had bought the over-ear Momentums as my first pair of proper headphones, I wouldn't have gone further down the rabbit hole. They are truly great sounding (and looking) pair of cans!

post #341 of 525
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zojokkeli View Post
 

Enjoy! I honestly feel that if I had bought the over-ear Momentums as my first pair of proper headphones, I wouldn't have gone further down the rabbit hole. They are truly great sounding (and looking) pair of cans!

 

Thanks!  Lol, for me the problem is the over-ears led me to the rabbit hole.  I really enjoy the over-ears, but after getting them, I decided my Klipsch S4 did not cut it for commuting and I ended up getting a pair of SE846 :ksc75smile:

 

I hope I don't go further down the hole! :)

post #342 of 525
Beoke in my over ear ivory momentums and switched out the iphone cable for the audiophile one which is better sounding to me
post #343 of 525
Not only do I love the way the Momentum sounds, but they are to my eyes much more stylish than the HP 50 or the mad dogs. I have never seen a sealed lifestyle headphones that had the combination of looks and sounds that the Momentum has
post #344 of 525
Hello Sennheiser Momentum owners - I'm hoping you can help please.

I am in the market for some multi-use all rounder headphones to be used for gaming, music (varied, but mostly rock and EDM) and movies. My ideal headphones would not leak too much sound and would isolate (most) outside sound from me. I also want the headphones to be comfortable, as they will be used for long stints.

Would these be suitable? These are in my short list along with the V-MODA M-100s, amongst others.
post #345 of 525
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmmUK View Post

Hello Sennheiser Momentum owners - I'm hoping you can help please.

I am in the market for some multi-use all rounder headphones to be used for gaming, music (varied, but mostly rock and EDM) and movies. My ideal headphones would not leak too much sound and would isolate (most) outside sound from me. I also want the headphones to be comfortable, as they will be used for long stints.

Would these be suitable? These are in my short list along with the V-MODA M-100s, amongst others.

How big are your ears? I bought a pair a few weeks ago and I'm still not sure whether to keep them, as they only just fit me . My (average sized) ears just about squeeze into the earpads, but not without a bit of 'folding' going on !

I tried a display pair out in John Lewis a few months ago, which were well used, and the earpads seemed to have stretched a fair bit in comparison to my new pair, and they fitted more easily. Still wasn't a lot of room though... I imagine they'd get hot after a prolonged use ...

Isolation is ok in both directions, but not amazing. Fine for using in a cafe Nero, but maybe not the best for a plane.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Sennheiser Momentum impressions thread