Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Sennheiser Momentum impressions thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sennheiser Momentum impressions thread - Page 21

post #301 of 525
Quote:
Originally Posted by potterpastor View Post

I'm not reviewing, just making some personal observations.

Long story short, if the Momentum is uncomfortable, then try the Nado Hp 50s.

I think at its current price, the HD 558 is a better buy than the HD 598, is a richer, fuller sound to my ears, though a tad less refined than the HD 598.

1. Open Back headphone listening at home - I really like and prefer the Sennheiser HD 600. It is rich and resonant, yet not overly warm, as can be the case with the Momentum and HD 650.
For mobile listening, I like the Momentum.
For something to listen to while snowblowing outside, I like the Panasonic HPX7, they are only 30 bucks, and the infamous mod takes that nasty mid range hump away.

The HD 25 is on sale now, at least last I checked, and that would be a good durable dj phone, but if you th

ink the Momentum is uncomfortable .......

The pads kill me m8. The main proble is not the confort, is the fit.
I have 67 mm years wich is not much bigger than average and still its a veeeeeery tight fit. They fit but yhe proble is that it is really easy to loose the seal. If i turn my head on a 90 degree angle or more for example i can easily tell that i loose a bit of seal because it is noticeable on the bass and that kind of anoys me in addition to the tight fit. They are nor the most unconfortable pair ever but after 45 minutes my ears start to ache a bit. If it was not the fit and loss of seal the momentums would not go anywhere because they bettter than the hd25s in every way.

About the home headphones i am still a bit confused about wich one to get. I was leaning to the k550s because they seem to have a bit more bass and also are easier to drive since i mostly use my ipod touch 4g.
post #302 of 525

I have to admit, the first time I tried the Momentum didn't like the sound. Too polite for my taste (I'm a grado fan) but really needed closed back headphones at work. Subsequently the sound grew on me but another issue popped out soon after: the cable. For some reason it was always getting stuck between my chair and the desk at work and one of the channels stopped working. It was my fault, not the manufacturer and I had to find a solution without breaking the bank. I started looking for aftermarket cables. Only Toxic cables had one but apparently nobody bought ever one.

 

One day I saw a post at the HD598 thread about a replacement cable, sleeved one, cheap (exactly what I was looking for) for the HD598. 
Long story short, I managed to trim the head enough to fit the Momentum. 

 

 

The fact that I have a newer, nicer and sleeved cable already makes the sound better (talking about Placebo) So far no real differences I could find. It does look good, not great due to the connector size (I was careful enough trimming) but doesn't bother me. 


Edited by squallkiercosa - 12/18/13 at 3:58pm
post #303 of 525

booo the red/black streetz style is soo much sexier ;)

post #304 of 525

It's red/black actually but none of the pictures did justice.

post #305 of 525
Quote:
Originally Posted by squallkiercosa View Post
 

It's red/black actually but none of the pictures did justice.

lol totally looks like brown/silver model, but if you say so! :)

 

if you wanna b reppin on the streetz you def need the red/black. now if you're just chill-lounging at home all classy, brown-silver ftw. =P

post #306 of 525
Quote:
Originally Posted by money4me247 View Post
 

lol totally looks like brown/silver model, but if you say so! :)

 

if you wanna b reppin on the streetz you def need the red/black. now if you're just chill-lounging at home all classy, brown-silver ftw. =P

It was only available in red/black when I bought it. The cable was in Canada at my sister house.

 

This one (supposedly silver plated) look nice for 33$ (not affiliated with any seller)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-2m-Replacement-Audio-upgrade-Cable-For-Sennheiser-HD598-HD558-HD518-Headphones-/251381833828?pt=US_MP3_Player_Cables_Adapters&hash=item3a87866064  


Edited by squallkiercosa - 12/18/13 at 4:21pm
post #307 of 525
Hi guys... :-)

As i said earlier i am about to sell the momentums because of the seal\confort issues unfortunately.

I was going to sell them for 160 euros (exactly what i paid for them) but today someone made me an offer... A pair of v moda m 80s plus 80 euros for my momentums....

What do you guya think?
I know the m80s are on ears and probably not as good as the momentums (never tried them...) but wich guys do you think is the better deal? 160 meuroa or v moda m80 plus 80 euros? :-)
post #308 of 525
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro Oliveira View Post

Hi guys... :-)

As i said earlier i am about to sell the momentums because of the seal\confort issues unfortunately.

I was going to sell them for 160 euros (exactly what i paid for them) but today someone made me an offer... A pair of v moda m 80s plus 80 euros for my momentums....

What do you guya think?
I know the m80s are on ears and probably not as good as the momentums (never tried them...) but wich guys do you think is the better deal? 160 meuroa or v moda m80 plus 80 euros? :-)

While 180 euro ($246) > than their retail price of $200 for the vmoda m80, if you found the soft real leather of the over-ear (actually on-ear in real life) momentums uncomfortable, I highly doubt you will be happy with the comfort of true on-ear stiff pleather earpads of the V-Moda M80 esp w/ its higher clamping force.

 

if you could go to a radioshack or best buy & demo the v-moda m80 for comfort, I would recommend that before going ahead w/ that trade. if you buy from the interweb-marketplace, you can't refund em if you are unhappy with em.

post #309 of 525
I am portuguese m8... :-) no radioshacks in europe.... Only amazon sell v modas here...

By the way i also already have a pair of hd25s of that matters...
Quote:
Originally Posted by money4me247 View Post

While 180 euro ($246) > than their retail price of $200 for the vmoda m80, if you found the soft real leather of the over-ear (actually on-ear in real life) momentums uncomfortable, I highly doubt you will be happy with the comfort of true on-ear stiff pleather earpads of the V-Moda M80 esp w/ its higher clamping force.

if you could go to a radioshack or best buy & demo the v-moda m80 for comfort, I would recommend that before going ahead w/ that trade. if you buy from the interweb-marketplace, you can't refund em if you are unhappy with em.
post #310 of 525
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro Oliveira View Post

Hi guys... :-)

As i said earlier i am about to sell the momentums because of the seal\confort issues unfortunately.

I was going to sell them for 160 euros (exactly what i paid for them) but today someone made me an offer... A pair of v moda m 80s plus 80 euros for my momentums....

What do you guya think?
I know the m80s are on ears and probably not as good as the momentums (never tried them...) but wich guys do you think is the better deal? 160 meuroa or v moda m80 plus 80 euros? :-)


Better try them first.  I liked my Momentum...and I absolutely hated the M80s.    If you trade without first hearing the M80, you better like bass, lots of bass. 

post #311 of 525
Bassier than an akg k518?
I cant try them first unfortunately....

But tonight i tested a couple of headphones i wanted (hd558 and 598) and decided that o am keeping the momentums. I was about to keep the hd25s as a portable and to buy a pair of hd598s with the money of the momentums deal but after trying them tonight i liled the momentums better (ihave no amp so the open senns suck on my ipod). I will try to leave with the issues since for160 euros i dont seem to get something so good and versatile like the momentums...
post #312 of 525
I wonder if there's a way to replace the momentum earpads with bigger earpads
post #313 of 525
Quote:
Originally Posted by potterpastor View Post

I wonder if there's a way to replace the momentum earpads with bigger earpads

that would be amazingggg

 

however, if you look at this video of some random dude reattaching his earpads, you can see that they line up to fit perfectly on the earcup... seems like larger diameter ear pads would really mess with the style/look of the headphones.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6S-NnXetrE

 

currently, there are no official larger earpads from sennheiser. perhaps they could make the earpads cushion thinner so more ears can fit inside the earpads inside of on-top of the earpads, which wouldn't add excess bloat to the headphone design. doubt this will happen tho.

post #314 of 525
Hi is there anyone here happened to compare monentum with vmoda m100? How r they competing in terms of mid or vocal openness n details of instrument? Which one is closer to hd650 in detail section?
post #315 of 525
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipush View Post

Hi is there anyone here happened to compare monentum with vmoda m100? How r they competing in terms of mid or vocal openness n details of instrument? Which one is closer to hd650 in detail section?

hey, I had both, but at different times, so I wasn't able to do a direct A/B.

 

M100 is a lot bassier than the momentum. M100 has a v-shaped sound signature. mids are more recessed on the M100. both had excellent detail, but the M100 bass would be a bit overpowering for me for certain genres. Not sure what vocal openness means, but I think I would give the slightest of edges to the momentums for clarity. it's really been too long ago since i've heard em to say anything more detailed than that.

 

It sounds to me though that you would prefer the Momentums unless you are slightly basshead.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Sennheiser Momentum impressions thread