or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Music › W/Rap Sucks 2.0..............................Rap/HipHop Appreciation Thread.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

W/Rap Sucks 2.0..............................Rap/HipHop Appreciation Thread. - Page 208

post #3106 of 3908
Quote:
Originally Posted by KamijoIsMyHero View Post
 

 

KPOP!!! Most groups have a "rapper" that does some rap during songs. It's quite interesting that rapping is a norm in KPOP actually, even though their version is a far cry to what it should be.

 

 

 

He is kind of average actually just based on that on song though

:o why thanks kami-sama 

 

This thread...

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
seems kind of dead. WHERE IS OUR MAIN MENG MASA ROLL?!
post #3107 of 3908

I know I'm a little late to this but once again life's been a Bitch so ya Lost+ ft. Jay Z

He comes in at 2:30 

 

Also pretty meh little mix with 2pac over Red Hot chili peppers + a few others

I reccomend stopping at around the 3rd minute as it sorta goes sour from then on as it gets a bit convoluted

post #3108 of 3908
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrViolin View Post
 

:o why thanks kami-sama 

 

This thread...

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
seems kind of dead. WHERE IS OUR MAIN MENG MASA ROLL?!

I dunno, last I saw him post was in that mikros 90 thread.

post #3109 of 3908
Thread Starter 

^ Sawee gias had been overloaded with new gears of late. But got my Vali in alone with tons of other stuff in so will listen to all the vids posted on this thread from page one boi!!! Cuz that's how much i have been slackin' here appreciate ya'll. : P

 

My set up is almost complete so it's tyme to truly enjoy the muzik!!! :gs1000smile:

post #3110 of 3908

what is this set-up you speak of?

post #3111 of 3908
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by KamijoIsMyHero View Post
 

what is this set-up you speak of?


^ You don't even wanna know....... :triportsad:

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
cuz it's just some random @ss schiit. haha
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pataburd View Post
 

With what are you driving the Mikros 90?

Between the hybrid Bada PH-12 (w/1x GE 6SN7GTA & 2x Tung-Sol 6SN7GTB), the SS KMF Audio(run out of the EVS-modded Oppo DV and even the headphone out from the Linn Intek, what I am getting from the Mikros 90 partnered with the FiiO RC MH1 is FAR from dry.

Sounds like the Pipeline ET-4 should be to your liking, then.

In absolute terms, I think the ET-4 betters the MH1 in extension, clarity and speed--and maybe absolute resolution.

^ Welp if you must know.... for portable i use this set up.

... venturecraft amp with my 4th gen ipod nano and 5th gen ipod classic. 

 

The 4th gen nano is more of the clean, tighter, more crisp sounding with a smaller soundstage while my 5th gen ipod classic has bigger staging, more 3D, but is softer more spacious sounding. The Logans sound best with my crappy beatup nano cuz the overall presentation has more focus, sounds more dynamic and snappier and is more engaging despite it is "leaner/thinner" in the bass department.

 

My desktop setup is all over the place. Have a Audinst MX1 amp/dac config ( my most neutral/ balanced rig), the FiiO E17 amp/dac hooked into my Sansa Clip + (kinda on the warm side but is powerful, not the most neutral/ transparent cuz even the venturecraft amp sounds better to me via my ipods), my cheapo ELE DAC (which is on the bright side with good overall balance but nothing to write home about), and my new Schiit Vali (so far it seems pretty uncolored for the most part for a tube amp, only slight hit of warmth and is pretty transparent).

 

The Logans sound best straight off of the MX1s without any additional amping, cuz tried it hooked up to the Vali last night and was alright sounding, but when the Vali is hooked to the FiiO E17 like i posted last night, makes these Logans sounds crazy musical with much better fullness/ weight than the FiiO MHC cable, but the bass despite increased in quantity quite a bit still sounds a bit boxy/dry to me. It just didn't have that lushness/ texture i got from my ATH WS99s BUT it is getting much closer so................ haven't tried it with the ELE DAC yet so.......

 

i still like the Logans best stock everything via my venturecraft amp/ nano config cuz it is just so clean, tight, snappy and engaging. DAT LOGAN MAGIC!!! :)

 

/setup rant

.... i wrote dat schiit up just for you Kami so you better appreciate it!!! :D


Edited by sfwalcer - 2/13/14 at 7:34pm
post #3112 of 3908
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfwalcer View Post
 


^ You don't even wanna know....... :triportsad:

.... i wrote dat schiit up just for you Kami so you better appreciate it!!! :D

 

Oh you have aurisonics, which ones are those?

 

There were so many products in that posts but no VSONIC, I thought you were the resident VSONIC fanboy

post #3113 of 3908
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by KamijoIsMyHero View Post
 

 

Oh you have aurisonics, which ones are those?

 

There were so many products in that posts but no VSONIC, I thought you were the resident VSONIC fanboy


Nah that ASG 2 was just for audition for my Master Thesis Trollsis. :bigsmile_face:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/586909/the-discovery-thread-new-zero-audio-doppios-pg1197-kef-m200-pg835-philips-fidelio-s2-pg-724/17520#post_10073479

 

But yeah i had the VSonic gr07 BEs but traded them away for the DUNU DN1000s. Still have some cheapo VSonic such as the VSD1s and the VC02s, which i am more than happy with already.

 

My cans front is getting A LOT more interesting these days, cuz of the recent Martin Logans 90s, and my upcoming modded Fostex T50RPs along with the Beyer DT-250s. Still have my super modded JVC S500s proudly on display. haha

post #3114 of 3908
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfwalcer View Post
 


Nah that ASG 2 was just for audition for my Master Thesis Trollsis. :bigsmile_face:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/586909/the-discovery-thread-new-zero-audio-doppios-pg1197-kef-m200-pg835-philips-fidelio-s2-pg-724/17520#post_10073479

 

But yeah i had the VSonic gr07 BEs but traded them away for the DUNU DN1000s. Still have some cheapo VSonic such as the VSD1s and the VC02s, which i am more than happy with already.

 

My cans front is getting A LOT more interesting these days, cuz of the recent Martin Logans 90s, and my upcoming modded Fostex T50RPs along with the Beyer DT-250s. Still have my super modded JVC S500s proudly on display. haha

 

You could've gotten the focal spirit pro and be done with, or even the mad dogs. I am currently saving up for the HD800 and probably be done with headphones and move on to CIEMs next.

post #3115 of 3908
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by KamijoIsMyHero View Post
 

 

You could've gotten the focal spirit pro and be done with, or even the mad dogs. I am currently saving up for the HD800 and probably be done with headphones and move on to CIEMs next.

Meh those are butt ugly lookin' to me for some reason. No swag sauce appeal whatsoever. Plus where is the fun in that??? :bigsmile_face:

 

Meh X2 on the HD800s, c'mon Kami can you be more generic??? Mix is up a but meng cuz those HD800s are DUSTY!!! :ksc75smile:

 

Meh X3 CIEM are sooooo overrated it ain't even funny. The budget mid-fi arena is where all the innovation and fun is at meng, customs are for old farts. :)

post #3116 of 3908
Quote:
Originally Posted by KamijoIsMyHero View Post
 

 

That last one is hot, the other ones is thrash. Where is that dude from? I hope trap music hasn't lost its meaning. Trap music to me is early Jeezy, TI, Yung Won, and a bevy of ATL rappers.

 

He's from chicago and he's in chief keefs crew 3hunna. Trap music (To me) is pretty much lost unless the old T.I or Jeezy comes back. Havent really listened to Jeezys albums but I heard good things though. Didnt even know chicagos rap scene was called "drill music" cause I thought it was the same lol :shrug:

 

Another song I like by him but the official version got ruined by the DJ

 

 

post #3117 of 3908

post #3118 of 3908

Like many of the comments before, I also feel quite bored with lots of the contemporary Hip hop in the US.

I used to be a big fan of Hip hop about 7 years ago. I grew up in Asia, and at that time, western music just starts to be popular, and there were some Asian artists introducing elements of R&B and Hip hop. Back then, I got a lot of emotional energy boost from Tupac, Eminem, Biggie... By listening and learning to rap, I also progressed much faster on my English studies than my peers.

 

Well written lyrics, together with the beats and rhythms, can become quite powerful to my mind. Though I usually don't understand much of them (I need to check the lyrics and search the meaning of some words), I very much enjoyed listening to it, and could feel there's something connecting me to it. Hope there'd be more higher quality, more thoughtful rap works in the future.

 

Some rap songs I used to like from other parts of the world:

 

post #3119 of 3908
Quote:
Originally Posted by iambasedgod View Post
 

 

He's from chicago and he's in chief keefs crew 3hunna. Trap music (To me) is pretty much lost unless the old T.I or Jeezy comes back. Havent really listened to Jeezys albums but I heard good things though. Didnt even know chicagos rap scene was called "drill music" cause I thought it was the same lol :shrug:

 

Another song I like by him but the official version got ruined by the DJ

 

 

 

I thought you miss spelled "trill" with "drill" first when I saw it lol I was expecting smooth bumby south music to be honest. 

 

I didn't like that song you just posted. Reminds me of a 14 year old just discovering gangster rap and decided to make a song emulating what he just heard.

post #3120 of 3908
Quote:
Originally Posted by KamijoIsMyHero View Post
 

 

I thought you miss spelled "trill" with "drill" first when I saw it lol I was expecting smooth bumby south music to be honest. 

 

I didn't like that song you just posted. Reminds me of a 14 year old just discovering gangster rap and decided to make a song emulating what he just heard.

 

need dem ignorant bangers mang :atsmile:

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Music
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Music › W/Rap Sucks 2.0..............................Rap/HipHop Appreciation Thread.