or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Music › W/Rap Sucks 2.0..............................Rap/HipHop Appreciation Thread.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

W/Rap Sucks 2.0..............................Rap/HipHop Appreciation Thread. - Page 189

post #2821 of 3867
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by KamijoIsMyHero View Post
 

nice wisdom, you deserve ice cream

 

 

...maybe not


^ LMAO she looks tore up and drunk there.  Even my One_Eyed goddess has her bad hair days. haha

 

... Goddess status RESTORED boi!!! :cool:

post #2822 of 3867
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfwalcer View Post
 

Hmmm maybe Trip-hop might be something you are interested in??? Stateless is a band that uses live instruments and fuses a lot of electronica elements into their sound. I love both of their albums cuz it's really well mastered and is unique sounding. All the rage these days seems to be dubstep/ eletronica fused hip hop or trap beats cuz Southern Hip Hop/ beats has that mass appeal right now.

 

Despite Twinkies thinks Simo is meh, i think his album with mood schula is pretty damn amazing and has international appeal. You don't even have to understand the language to appreciate the funky, groovy, trippy and glitchy beats. There are a couple of English features as well, so..... just love this album.

 

http://www.hiphopplaya.com/album/view.html?pid=&aid=60951&num=62458

 

There are just soooo many sub-genres of hip hop/rap that it gets confusing at times BUT it is hard to find great sounding acts that does it REALLY well.

 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_hip_hop_genres

 

Neat.

post #2823 of 3867
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by manveru View Post
 

 

Neat.


^ Coolios.....

 

post #2824 of 3867

Hey you top and not so top posters, I'm looking for a headphone that does this terrible genre MUCH justice. What cans are ''y'all'' rocking?

post #2825 of 3867
He-500 and gr07 mkii
post #2826 of 3867
SRH1540
post #2827 of 3867

Dt250, Hd 439, Hp700

post #2828 of 3867

MT300's

 

:ph34r:

post #2829 of 3867
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by moriez View Post
 

Hey you top and not so top posters, I'm looking for a headphone that does this terrible genre MUCH justice. What cans are ''y'all'' rocking?


Currently rocking Beyer DT-250s, ATH ES700s, ATH WS55, JVC S500, on the Canned front. IEM wise, VSonic VSD1, VSonic VSD1 LE (Limited Edition), VSonic GR07 BE (Bass Edition), VSonic VC02, JVC FXZ200, JVC FX40, Philips SHE9700.

 

Best cans for hip hop for me that i have heard would have to be the ATH WS99s due to it's well rounded/ versatile presentation and solid bass emphasis. But i ultimately picked the ATH ES700s over them cuz they sounded more refined/ intricate due to it's very lush and forward mids without giving up too much on bass quantity and depth.

 

Best IEMs that i have heard for hip hop would be the ATH CKS1000s due to its bold and deep bass, but it also has amazing instrument layering/ separation combined with a huge stoundstage and forward mids/ treble (treble can get a bit hot/ bright/ sibilant if not burned in long enough). But i picked the VSonic GR07 BEs over them due to it having a more neutral/ natural/ less fatiguing presentation that is amazingly textured without compromising on sub bass depth or quantity.

 

Here is my illustrious gear history: :ksc75smile:

 

Cans: Superlux HD 668B/ 681F < monoprice MHP-839 = JVC HA-S400 = ATH WS55< Somic MH463< JVC HA-S500< ATH ES7< ATH WS99 = ATH ES700 < Philips Fidelio X1. 
 
IEMs: MEElectronics M9< TDK MT-300 < Tt isurus < monoprice iem< Brainwavz beta v2 < JVC HA-FX101< Sennheiser CX250< Apple earpods< JVC HA-FX40 < RHA MA-350 = Philips SHE5105< JVC HA-FX3X< ATH CKS77X< JVC HA-FXD70< Phillips SHE9700< Sony MH1C < ATH CKN70< VSonic VC02 = JVC HA-FXD80 < VSonic VSD1 = Sony XB90EX = Zero Audio Basso < JVC FXZ200 < Sony XBA3 < VSonic GR07 BE ~ VSonic VSD1 LE (Limited Edition) = ATH CKS1000 <~ KEF M200

 

Oh and don't listen to Kami on those GR07 MKII, that version is for bass sissys, not good for hip hop. Dat BASS EDITION boi!!! :basshead: 


Edited by sfwalcer - 11/26/13 at 5:30pm
post #2830 of 3867
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes world View Post
 

MT300's

 

:ph34r:


^

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

post #2831 of 3867
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfwalcer View Post
 


Currently rocking Beyer DT-250s, ATH ES700s, ATH WS55, JVC S500, on the Canned front. IEM wise, VSonic VSD1, VSonic VSD1 LE (Limited Edition), VSonic GR07 BE (Bass Edition), VSonic VC02, JVC FXZ200, JVC FX40, Philips SHE9700.

 

Best cans for hip hop for me that i have heard would have to be the ATH WS99s due to it's well rounded/ versatile presentation and solid bass emphasis. But i ultimately picked the ATH ES700s over them cuz they sounded more refined/ intricate due to it's very lush and forward mids without giving up too much on bass quantity and depth.

 

Best IEMs that i have heard for hip hop would be the ATH CKS1000s due to its bold and deep bass, but it also has amazing instrument layering/ separation combined with a huge stoundstage and forward mids/ treble (treble can get a bit hot/ bright/ sibilant if not burned in long enough). But i picked the VSonic GR07 BEs over them due to it having a more neutral/ natural/ less fatiguing presentation that is amazingly textured without compromising on sub bass depth or quantity.

 

Here is my illustrious gear history: :ksc75smile:

 

Cans: Superlux HD 668B/ 681F < monoprice MHP-839 = JVC HA-S400 = ATH WS55< Somic MH463< JVC HA-S500< ATH ES7< ATH WS99 = ATH ES700 < Philips Fidelio X1. 
 
IEMs: MEElectronics M9< TDK MT-300 < Tt isurus < monoprice iem< Brainwavz beta v2 < JVC HA-FX101< Sennheiser CX250< Apple earpods< JVC HA-FX40 < RHA MA-350 = Philips SHE5105< JVC HA-FX3X< ATH CKS77X< JVC HA-FXD70< Phillips SHE9700< Sony MH1C < ATH CKN70< VSonic VC02 = JVC HA-FXD80 < VSonic VSD1 = Sony XB90EX = Zero Audio Basso < JVC FXZ200 < Sony XBA3 < VSonic GR07 BE ~ VSonic VSD1 LE (Limited Edition) = ATH CKS1000 <~ KEF M200

 

Oh and don't listen to Kami on those GR07 MKII, that version is for bass sissys, not good for hip hop. Dat BASS EDITION boi!!! :basshead: 

GR07s sounds fine. If you bloat bass, sound will be nasty unless you are using speakers with sub-woofers then bloat away. I am actually looking for a replacement, one with better housing and better highs. Need to do research again else I will end up wasting so much money like you and your 20-30 headphones collection. I have 2 that I use on the regular and they both sound fine with all genres. No need to specify its sound for certain genres.

post #2832 of 3867

:popcorn: lol

post #2833 of 3867
Sf, you got it right about the cks1000's. They work rather well for trance also. Astounding for trance actually.
post #2834 of 3867
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by KamijoIsMyHero View Post
 

GR07s sounds fine. If you bloat bass, sound will be nasty unless you are using speakers with sub-woofers then bloat away. I am actually looking for a replacement, one with better housing and better highs. Need to do research again else I will end up wasting so much money like you and your 20-30 headphones collection. I have 2 that I use on the regular and they both sound fine with all genres. No need to specify its sound for certain genres.

^ Welp VSonic is coming out with a completely new VSD lineup that replaces their old so you really can't go wrong with their stuff knowing their track record. I might be really tempted to get the VSD7s and a lower VSD3 or VSD5 to see what they are all about. but for now my cheap VSD1 Limited Editions are keeping me happy alone with my gr07 BEs. :)

 

There will also be the VSD9 that would cost like $400 or $600 which only like 120 sets can be made in one years due to the extremely precious materials used or something like that. Those are wayyy too rich for my blood though. haha :triportsad:

 

LMAO Not like i still own ALL those cans/ iems that i have listed, only a few left cuz it's not worth reselling or they are keepers/ have sentimental value. Though trying ALL those budget stuff have taught me what i really want outta' my gears and the journey sure has been fun so far. No point in just getting the "best" for $$$$$ and you don't really know what you want/ you ideal sound signature/ presentation. Also not like those that go ALL OUT initially doesn't end up selling their pricey gears for even MORE expensive gears. haha It's the nature of the beast/ hobby meng, there is no end point/ end game, just that if you are happy with what you already got and not feel the need to upgrade cuz there will ALWAYS be better stuff around the corner.

 

/rant.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes world View Post
 

:popcorn: lol

^ :beerchug:

 

Got ya' some beer with those popcorn. : P

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes world View Post

Sf, you got it right about the cks1000's. They work rather well for trance also. Astounding for trance actually.

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT ALL THE TYME!!! :p

 

Yeppp they are no doubt great for hip hop/rap/ pop/ trance or any other contemporary genres but they are pretty bulky so it just wasn't for me.

post #2835 of 3867
^ Yeah pretty bulky. Not like those diminutive m200's lol
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Music
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Music › W/Rap Sucks 2.0..............................Rap/HipHop Appreciation Thread.