Head-Fi.org › Forums › Sponsor Announcements and Deals › All HeadRoom amps 30% off, and a new CEO!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

All HeadRoom amps 30% off, and a new CEO! - Page 2

post #16 of 33
Oh my gosh. Thank you for answering my questions!

You answered a lot of my gut questions on the current state of the industry. Thank you very very much!
post #17 of 33
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiR3D View Post

 

The point I'm trying to make is, make your next DAC/amps look better, so that we are proud to show them off, and we have more then one sense based desire to own them. 

Point taken WiR3D,

 

I'll do my best to make our next products look better.

post #18 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamey Warren View Post

Point taken WiR3D,

 

I'll do my best to make our next products look better.

Good to hear :)

post #19 of 33

Jamey has started an AMA thread on reddit.com right now, c'mon over and ask him anything!

 

http://www.reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/172cc2/i_am_jamey_warren_ceo_of_headroom_ask_me_anything/

post #20 of 33

Speaking of amps.  What's on the fast track of upcoming amps?

 

Just my 2cents.  

 

I always like the separate power supply.  However, The dual 3-pin XLRs are getting old. (IMO) and the 4-pin XLR is up and coming.  Also a more attractive dual enclosure would be nice.  Fully discrete, dual differential (at least), fully balanced, high current, pure Class A with a 3 position gain switch   Would be nice..biggrin.gif  Oh yeah with some really beefy PSUs and transformers..

post #21 of 33
Thread Starter 

preproman,

 

Honestly, there is nothing on the fast track of upcoming amps. While I am always thinking about products to make (it's in my genes or something) we don't have anything in the pipeline right now.

 

I personally like the 3-pin XLR but that's probably a result of my pro audio background. I understand its not convenient. The product you're describing sounds almost like a BlockHead. I'm curious about your dual enclosure request. I'm not sure how you would use separate enclosures but have the signal come out of one connector. Maybe I'm not understanding what you're wanting.
 

post #22 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamey Warren View Post

preproman,

 

Honestly, there is nothing on the fast track of upcoming amps. While I am always thinking about products to make (it's in my genes or something) we don't have anything in the pipeline right now.

 

I personally like the 3-pin XLR but that's probably a result of my pro audio background. I understand its not convenient. The product you're describing sounds almost like a BlockHead. I'm curious about your dual enclosure request. I'm not sure how you would use separate enclosures but have the signal come out of one connector. Maybe I'm not understanding what you're wanting.
 

 

You'll already do it.  1 enclosure for the PSU, the other enclosure for the amp.  - Correct?

 

This:

http://www.headphone.com/headphone-amps/headroom-balanced-ultra-desktop-amp-buda.php

 

Plus This:

http://www.headphone.com/accessories/power-supplies/headroom-desktop-power-supply.php


Edited by preproman - 1/22/13 at 6:20pm
post #23 of 33
Thread Starter 

Oh, I misunderstood your request. Yes, we have the power supply separated from the audio stuffs.
 

post #24 of 33

Wow that Q&A was interesting. I'm also very interested in Beats' success story. Do you think there are some serious marketing potentials in general population towards high-end audio gears? 

post #25 of 33
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by syryanyang View Post

Wow that Q&A was interesting. I'm also very interested in Beats' success story. Do you think there are some serious marketing potentials in general population towards high-end audio gears? 


Thanks!

I think Beats have proven that. While we may not consider them the best sounding headphones, their marketing is all about good sound.

post #26 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamey Warren View Post


Thanks!

I think Beats have proven that. While we may not consider them the best sounding headphones, their marketing is all about good sound.

How ironic. LoL. 

post #27 of 33

Congrats on the promotion, Jamey! 

post #28 of 33
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewjp View Post

Congrats on the promotion, Jamey! 


Thanks drewjp!

post #29 of 33

I always thought that it was a bit unfortunate that Headroom amps/DACs, while they have very good reviews from their actual owners, haven't gathered more vocal mentions and recommendations here on Head-fi... especially over the last few years as numerous new competitors have entered the market.  Almost every here knows you guys make amps/DACs, but it seems more or less off the radar for the newcomers to this hobby these days. The aforementioned aesthetic issue, and the fact that Headroom's models are 5+years old without much refreshing may play a big part here indeed (and if you guys plan to stay as a player in that sector of the business, it definitely needs to be worked on) but it kind of sucks how they hardly get any mention as a viable recommendation here on Head-fi anymore as I am certain that they're still very quality products for the money (Just like how something like quality amps like B22 or M3, etc, are still mentioned as recommendations often even though they're very old designs).  Perhaps something like a country-wide review loaner program of your amps/DACs (followed by the requisite review by the users who try them, of course) would help exposure and ramp up interest here on Head-fi again?  And I'm not saying that because I want to try out these amps myself or anything (I don't have too many dynamic headphones around anymore, and besides, I'm in Canada which means typically I'm not eligible for these kind of loaner programs tongue.gif redface.gif)... I honestly do think they may help in terms of exposure here.

 

I know headroom is obviously headphones first business, but since you guys are still in the amps/DAC business, just thinking this may help. smile.gif

post #30 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by K_19 View Post

I always thought that it was a bit unfortunate that Headroom amps/DACs, while they have very good reviews from their actual owners, haven't gathered more vocal mentions and recommendations here on Head-fi... especially over the last few years as numerous new competitors have entered the market.  Almost every here knows you guys make amps/DACs, but it seems more or less off the radar for the newcomers to this hobby these days. The aforementioned aesthetic issue, and the fact that Headroom's models are 5+years old without much refreshing may play a big part here indeed (and if you guys plan to stay as a player in that sector of the business, it definitely needs to be worked on) but it kind of sucks how they hardly get any mention as a viable recommendation here on Head-fi anymore as I am certain that they're still very quality products for the money (Just like how something like quality amps like B22 or M3, etc, are still mentioned as recommendations often even though they're very old designs).  Perhaps something like a country-wide review loaner program of your amps/DACs (followed by the requisite review by the users who try them, of course) would help exposure and ramp up interest here on Head-fi again?  And I'm not saying that because I want to try out these amps myself or anything (I don't have too many dynamic headphones around anymore, and besides, I'm in Canada which means typically I'm not eligible for these kind of loaner programs tongue.gif redface.gif)... I honestly do think they may help in terms of exposure here.

 

I know headroom is obviously headphones first business, but since you guys are still in the amps/DAC business, just thinking this may help. smile.gif

I was actually looking at a headroom stack for my Denons, but when I compared it to the competitors (and bare in mind I have training in Fine Art, and could probably render better then most people that graduate University) I just didn't see myself wanting to show it to others, or wanting to look at it, sonically it may be a masterpiece, but ... yeah.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Sponsor Announcements and Deals
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Sponsor Announcements and Deals › All HeadRoom amps 30% off, and a new CEO!